Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

 

Feeling your pain.  Hoping things gets better for you and get some kind of resolution.

Note: Just wanted to say that we are impressed with your amazing discipline of having only 3 post since 2009...just incredible.  We are guessing that must be close to, if not the record for "least number of posts" per year.

Probably a backup user name.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

V2David gets mad and threatens to quit forever.

 

But he will be back as soon as they start sailing......

 

Dude, I haven’t seen you in months.  I musta been reading the wrong threads.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

Have had RCI cancel Allure out of Galveston way back when, got the same price for Symphony (an A1 so really scored).  Had RCI cancel Odyssey (cried for 2 days) before final payment, got Allure A1 at a steal in replacement.  Allure cancelled before final payment.  Quantum was cancelled before final payment for our Alaska cruise in 2021.  I have to say we have not had the problems many of you seem to have and yet all the other lines have the same issues.  Now our only problem is the stupid vaccines as I am not ready to take the step to have them put a needle in my arm when they cannot tell me what the side effects might be.  Guess I am trying to say that the cruise lines are doing the best they can with a CDC that has no clue about what is going on.  

 

I cried a bunch when our Allure transatlantic cruise was cancelled for November 2020. It was supposed to be our big, fabulous anniversary and retirement cruise. :classic_sad:

 

But we also have a lot of house things to do, and we have been pretty much house bound for the last year. So we are looking forward to getting our second doses so we can go to Home Depot and sit down with a planner and go to other large stores with a lot more confidence that we won't catch covid or become extremely ill. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

sad times for cruise lines for sure... and all us cruisers. but it's not our livelihood, it just our vacation.
don't know who to believe any more...

CDC? why haven't they given approval if the industry has reworked so much stuff to avoid airborne illnesses.  But that's for cruises leaving the US ports... your's is from Rome? another story there I guess.

Cruise lines? have they really reworked stuff? maybe in the CDC's opinion it's still dangerous? I'm not sure why, with us all getting a vaccine?
Why can people allowed to fly now? without distancing?
Why can people stay in hotels?

Guess we can be glad that one of our biggest aggravations is not being able to cruise.
I know lots of folks that would like to trade problems.

 

Hope living is able to return soon. 
I just booked for May 2022. fingers crossed and prayers lifted.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, prices are up. I get it. RC has tons of cash to make up and if cruises aren't going to sail full when they start back up they need to take advantage of the demand right now. All lines are doing it. I believe that things will level off. The prices for our 2022 Anthem (JS) are currently about $1200/pp more than we paid. I'm hoping by the time we are ready to book for 2023 things will normalize. If not, we'll probably start doing all inclusives until they do. Not because of any ill will, just because I like to get the best bang for my buck.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The window for the refund does seem a bit excessive.

 

The price complaints just come off as whiney. Coming off a shutdown of 1 year, constrained inventory, and pent-up demand and you're complaining that you can't get your suite at the same price as before. It isn't "predatory". No one owes you anything

Link to post
Share on other sites

We've had three cruises cancelled now due to COVID, and have rebooked. Most of the replacement pricing has been close (drink packages have been higher in some cases) or equal and hope to make Oasis in late Aug., or more likely, Anthem in Dec. and Enchantment in May, '22. RCL has been pretty good about moving, crediting and adjusting for us. They're slammed and I think have handled things mostly well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2021 at 1:54 PM, Another_Critic said:

I don't need a suite (or a balcony); therefore, I can get the good deals on inside and oceanview.  🙂 

 

Booked an 11-night TA last week.  $680 including taxes/fees for inside (virtual) balcony.

 

 

I booked a western Caribbean on Serenade of the Seas, sailing February 2023. It seemed like a good deal to me. Like you, it's not a suite or a balcony, just an OV. But I thought it was a great price.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2021 at 12:33 PM, smokeybandit said:

If you feel your FCC is worthless, I'll gladly take it off your hands.

 

How would you plan to use it? It's not like it can be sold. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have 3 cruises booked which thankfully are all Lift & Shifts. We were hoping to book another with our son's family but I'm afraid he'll get sticker shock when he starts looking.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Big_G said:

Question to @Ourusualbeachor any other travel agent. Is the OP entitled to a refund if he cancels a suite before Royal cancels the cruise? Are suites no longer nonrefundable?

No refund unless Royal cancels.  GS and above are all NRD deposits.  FCC is available under CWC

Edited by Ourusualbeach
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No refund unless Royal cancels.  GS and above are all NRD deposits

Thanks. Maybe there's more to the story.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2021 at 12:29 AM, want2go said:





Cruise lines? have they really reworked stuff? maybe in the CDC's opinion it's still dangerous? I'm not sure why, with us all getting a vaccine?
Why can people allowed to fly now? without distancing?
Why can people stay in hotels?



 

Yes, it's all stuff and nonsense, a complete crock.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My complaint isn't so much they have jacked up the prices.  My complaint is waiting 3+ months now for a credit (which I was promised in 45 days) and now they are telling me it could take up to another 4 months to get the credit.  7+ months?  That just isn't fair.  And this was coming from a supervisor.

 

Look, I could have kept my original cruise, paid the whole thing in full, and then just waited until they canceled the cruise and requested a full refund (or cruise credit +25%).  I chose not to do that, because I didn't want to pay for the whole cruise and have them sitting with my money when I knew we weren't going to sale.  So that is on me.  And that seemed reasonable at the time.


But to have to wait 7+ months potentially for a cruise credit is complete BS.


And I knew people would bash me because I don't post on here a lot.  That is fine.  But I find it humorous if anyone posts anything negative about RCL that you bash the poster.  LOL.  I am a big cruising fan.  I love cruises.  I obviously have been on a lot.  But I don't appreciate the BS coming from RC management.

 

I hope RCL survives.  I hope the cruise industry thrives.  And I am still looking at booking future cruises.  But as I don't have my credit yet, I will be looking to book them on another line.  There are some good deals out there if you look hard enough.

 

If I lose my $1k credit, so be it.  I am not overpaying for an RCL cruise in a suite.  Or maybe I will find something else when/if they ever issue me my credit.

 

Happy Cruising!!

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, V2David said:

My complaint isn't so much they have jacked up the prices.  My complaint is waiting 3+ months now for a credit (which I was promised in 45 days) and now they are telling me it could take up to another 4 months to get the credit.  7+ months?  That just isn't fair.  And this was coming from a supervisor.

 

Look, I could have kept my original cruise, paid the whole thing in full, and then just waited until they canceled the cruise and requested a full refund (or cruise credit +25%).  I chose not to do that, because I didn't want to pay for the whole cruise and have them sitting with my money when I knew we weren't going to sale.  So that is on me.  And that seemed reasonable at the time.


But to have to wait 7+ months potentially for a cruise credit is complete BS.


And I knew people would bash me because I don't post on here a lot.  That is fine.  But I find it humorous if anyone posts anything negative about RCL that you bash the poster.  LOL.  I am a big cruising fan.  I love cruises.  I obviously have been on a lot.  But I don't appreciate the BS coming from RC management.

 

I hope RCL survives.  I hope the cruise industry thrives.  And I am still looking at booking future cruises.  But as I don't have my credit yet, I will be looking to book them on another line.  There are some good deals out there if you look hard enough.

 

If I lose my $1k credit, so be it.  I am not overpaying for an RCL cruise in a suite.  Or maybe I will find something else when/if they ever issue me my credit.

 

Happy Cruising!!

 

 

The bashing is regrettable and yes, waiting for your money is a real PITA, but the fact remains that Royal isn't the only one that is doing this, I've seen similar complaints on NCL's and CCL's boards. So all we have is customer roulette, where customers swear off one company and book with another. That's fine as far as it goes, but I wouldn't make the switch with any expectation that the outcome with the new cruise line would be significantly different then with the old one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2021 at 5:35 PM, V2David said:

My complaint isn't so much they have jacked up the prices.  My complaint is waiting 3+ months now for a credit (which I was promised in 45 days) and now they are telling me it could take up to another 4 months to get the credit.  7+ months?  That just isn't fair.  And this was coming from a supervisor.

 

Look, I could have kept my original cruise, paid the whole thing in full, and then just waited until they canceled the cruise and requested a full refund (or cruise credit +25%).  I chose not to do that, because I didn't want to pay for the whole cruise and have them sitting with my money when I knew we weren't going to sale.  So that is on me.  And that seemed reasonable at the time.


But to have to wait 7+ months potentially for a cruise credit is complete BS.


And I knew people would bash me because I don't post on here a lot.  That is fine.  But I find it humorous if anyone posts anything negative about RCL that you bash the poster.  LOL.  I am a big cruising fan.  I love cruises.  I obviously have been on a lot.  But I don't appreciate the BS coming from RC management.

 

I hope RCL survives.  I hope the cruise industry thrives.  And I am still looking at booking future cruises.  But as I don't have my credit yet, I will be looking to book them on another line.  There are some good deals out there if you look hard enough.

 

If I lose my $1k credit, so be it.  I am not overpaying for an RCL cruise in a suite.  Or maybe I will find something else when/if they ever issue me my credit.

 

Happy Cruising!!

 

 

I also was due a refund in 45 days that never came. When I called was told it would take at least 2 weeks again for a refund. They said a mistake was made, but I wondered if this was a possible sign they were running out of funds. Also when you cancel a cruise, why cant they send a confirmation of cancellation. 

I agree whenever you criticize the cruise line you will get plenty of push back from it's loyal CC fans. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2021 at 12:50 PM, George C said:

We always book suites normally grand suites on rccl , never book brand new ships. Have a decent price for grand suite on Allure in November. 

Exactly.  Supply and demand at work like always.  We're book on the Adventure repo from Galveston to Newark next April.  Maybe a little on the high side but Double Points on 13 days in a GS = 52.  One cruise away from D+.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2021 at 11:57 AM, V2David said:

...... And I am sure many of you will say to not let the door hit me on the way out, and that is fine.  I hope the cruise industry makes it.  I love cruising.  But the way they are taking advantage of customers is simply not cool.  Goodbye RCC.

That's just really rude when people say that. Prices have been going up like crazy, but there are still a few decent priced ones out there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2021 at 11:57 AM, V2David said:

I am a Diamond member and have been cruising for Royal Caribbean for years.  I had two Suites booked on a cruise out of Rome in June 2020 booked on the new shop.  I canceled my rooms in January knowing that they would never be sailing because of Covid, and I knew they were going to try to get the full payment before canceling the cruise.  Anyways, I have been waiting for the cruise credit now on the deposit for close to 3 months.  Since then, the cost of Suites on future cruises have gone up over 200%.  Crazy.  Anyways, I called to find out where my deposit is, and they now say it will could take up to an additional 4 months to get the credit.  In the meantime, I can't even book a Suite for next year as they have jacked up the prices to ridiculous levels.  I talked to a supervisor and he said there is nothing he can do.  He claims he hasn't seen any inflated prices (yeah right!) and claims my original cruise is still not canceled and will still cruise.  (Yeah, right).  Anyways, I am beyond fed up with the RCC.  Predatory pricing.  Not canceling cruises so they can collect full payments.  It is all a bunch of BS.  Big fan of Cruise Critic.  I know all (most?) of the cruise lines are likely doing this.  But I am frankly beyond pissed off and won't be rebooking RCC at 2 to 3 times the price.  No thanks.  And I am sure many of you will say to not let the door hit me on the way out, and that is fine.  I hope the cruise industry makes it.  I love cruising.  But the way they are taking advantage of customers is simply not cool.  Goodbye RCC.

 

Bye, sorry we’ll never meet.  Prices are high because of all on the inflated demand created by the FCCs,  as soo as the window for the FCCs expire prices will come back down.  I won’t be making any new bookings on Royal until that happens.  I be sailing on some cruises that I’ve booked pre-COVID and maybe looking at other cruise lines that do have as big of a backlog of FCCs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/6/2021 at 4:57 PM, V2David said:

I am a Diamond member and have been cruising for Royal Caribbean for years.  I had two Suites booked on a cruise out of Rome in June 2020 booked on the new shop.  I canceled my rooms in January knowing that they would never be sailing because of Covid, and I knew they were going to try to get the full payment before canceling the cruise.  Anyways, I have been waiting for the cruise credit now on the deposit for close to 3 months.  Since then, the cost of Suites on future cruises have gone up over 200%.  Crazy.  Anyways, I called to find out where my deposit is, and they now say it will could take up to an additional 4 months to get the credit.  In the meantime, I can't even book a Suite for next year as they have jacked up the prices to ridiculous levels.  I talked to a supervisor and he said there is nothing he can do.  He claims he hasn't seen any inflated prices (yeah right!) and claims my original cruise is still not canceled and will still cruise.  (Yeah, right).  Anyways, I am beyond fed up with the RCC.  Predatory pricing.  Not canceling cruises so they can collect full payments.  It is all a bunch of BS.  Big fan of Cruise Critic.  I know all (most?) of the cruise lines are likely doing this.  But I am frankly beyond pissed off and won't be rebooking RCC at 2 to 3 times the price.  No thanks.  And I am sure many of you will say to not let the door hit me on the way out, and that is fine.  I hope the cruise industry makes it.  I love cruising.  But the way they are taking advantage of customers is simply not cool.  Goodbye RCC.

You do understand that Royal and others are in the middle of the worst financial period in their history. 

 

They are probably looking at least another 12 months before full level of passenger sailings can resume and they can't cut overheads that much. Can't cut fuel, can't really cut food either I don't think and they are taking in less money.

Edited by ace2542
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...