Apologies in advance because this no doubt has been discussed before but: 

1) Booked WC 2023 this week

2) Deposit as I understand it is 15% at this time

3) Is that 15% of the total fare (ie. tax/port included) or 15% of the before tax fare?

4) FCC from Covid cancelations last year to be applied - is that applied to the total fare (ie.top line) or credited dollar for dollar to the 15% deposit?

5) Past deposit as yet not refunded from past  cancelation to be applied - to the 15%?

Try as I might I can't figure out the math on my invoice.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, flyingshoes said:

Apologies in advance because this no doubt has been discussed before but: 

1) Booked WC 2023 this week

2) Deposit as I understand it is 15% at this time

3) Is that 15% of the total fare (ie. tax/port included) or 15% of the before tax fare?

4) FCC from Covid cancelations last year to be applied - is that applied to the total fare (ie.top line) or credited dollar for dollar to the 15% deposit?

5) Past deposit as yet not refunded from past  cancelation to be applied - to the 15%?

Try as I might I can't figure out the math on my invoice.

Deposits are 15% of the total cruise BEFORE discounts, credits, taxes, port fees, FCC's.

FCC's are applied as discounts toward the total WC fare. They cannot be used to fund the deposit.

FCP's are considered cash. If not refunded (or requested as a refund) the funds already paid to Crystal either as deposits or full cruise(s) can be applied toward the 15% WC deposit. In some cases, this may result in a deposit credit larger than the 15% minimum deposit.

Rob

Edited by ryndam
23 minutes ago, ryndam said:

Deposits are 15% of the total cruise BEFORE discounts, credits, taxes, port fees, FCC's.

FCC's are applied as discounts toward the total WC fare. They cannot be used to fund the deposit.

FCP's are considered cash. If not refunded (or requested as a refund) the funds already paid to Crystal either as deposits or full cruise(s) can be applied toward the 15% WC deposit. In some cases, this may result in a deposit credit larger than the 15% minimum deposit.

Rob

When you say "total cruise" is that the same as the fare after 2 for 1 savings, or the "book now" fare, or....?  After the book now fare come WC air credits, combo savings, society discounts, to come to another fare, then taxes/fees are added to reach the bottom line.  

46 minutes ago, flyingshoes said:

When you say "total cruise" is that the same as the fare after 2 for 1 savings, or the "book now" fare, or....?  After the book now fare come WC air credits, combo savings, society discounts, to come to another fare, then taxes/fees are added to reach the bottom line.  

It is 15 percent of the bottom line. 

1 hour ago, ryndam said:

Rob

I have to disagree with you here. Just did a deposit on a 2022 Endeavor and it was 15% of the total cost after the 2-For-1, Book Now and Crystal Society discounts, PLUS the PS&H fees.  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Roland4 said:

I have to disagree with you here. Just did a deposit on a 2022 Endeavor and it was 15% of the total cost after the 2-For-1, Book Now and Crystal Society discounts, PLUS the PS&H fees.  

From this math-challenged traveler, most of the time, I have to call my TA to translate the Crystal invoice for me. And she often calls Crystal to have someone there translate the results for her. In our experience over the years, it all works out eventually, but IMHO, Crystal's method of fare calculations are not as easily understood at first review than other suppliers' invoices, and in our experience, more often than not, require a 1-on-1 conversation with our TA to reconcile.

Rob

Edited by ryndam
1 hour ago, Keith1010 said:

It is 15 percent of the bottom line. 

I finally got to Crystal's down payment number.  Take the bottom line, subtract the applicable FCC to get an adjusted bottom line, multiply the adjusted bottom line by 0.15 and, voila, the number matches Crystal's.

45 minutes ago, ryndam said:

From this math-challenged traveler, most of the time, I have to call my TA to translate the Crystal invoice for me. And she often calls Crystal to have someone there translate the results for her. In our experience over the years, it all works out eventually, but IMHO, Crystal's method of fare calculations are not as easily understood at first review than other suppliers' invoices, and in our experience, more often than not, require a 1-on-1 conversation with our TA to reconcile.

Rob

I just wish they would drop the phony 2;For-1 Discount nonsense, which would be a help. The problem with all of the lines now is the complicating factor of FCCs and how they are handled, as flying shoes just posted. After 16 years of doing it, I can usually make sense of them, but I had one from Celebrity a couple of weeks ago that, after an hour of trying, defied logic. I finally told the Consultant to use the numbers they gave her and I would "fudge" the commission rate to make it balance! Creative Accounting at its finest!!😁

1 minute ago, flyingshoes said:

I finally got to Crystal's down payment number.  Take the bottom line, subtract the applicable FCC to get an adjusted bottom line, multiply the adjusted bottom line by 0.15 and, voila, the number matches Crystal's.

Congrats on solving the puzzle!

Just to add another wrinkle, do Crystal Air or Hotel amounts get included for the deposit calculation? I think not.

7 hours ago, flyingshoes said:

Yes, when I mentioned bottom line I meant 15% of the balance you would owe after all discounts (in your case FCC) applied.  

Keith