CDC Open to USA cruise return this Summer

cruiserking

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

Ken, each of the 13 provinces and territories operate independently, so I can only talk about my experience in Ontario. When I received my first shot, I was sent an email with a pdf attachment that had all of the relevant information. I wasn't offered a printed copy at the vaccination site, and I don't know what happens for people who have no email account.

In our Ontario location, we were given a paper printout at the vaccination site, as well as a copy email stating date received, type of vaccine, etc.  We'll see what happens after the 2nd dose.  By that time, there may be public access to the database.  At this point, however, if the following isn't accepted, along with the negative test provided as required, then I guess we won't be cruising in November.

Dose Administration Receipt

ONTARIO MINISTRY OF HEALTH
Ministère de la Santé
Name/Nom: XXXXXX
Health Card Number/Numéro de la carte Santé: XXXXXX
Date of Birth/Date de naissance: XXXXX
Date/Date: 2021-03-28, 11:58 a.m.
Agent/Agent: COVID-19_mRNA
Product Name/Nom du produit: MODERNA COVID-19 mRNA-1273
Diluent Product: Not Applicable / Ne s’applique pas
Lot/Lot: 3001176
Dosage/Dosage: 0.5ml
Route/Voie: Intramuscular / intramusculaire
Site/Site: Left deltoid / deltoïde gauche
You have received 1 valid dose(s) / Vous avez reçu 1 dose(s) valide(s)
Vaccine Administered By/Vaccin Administré par: xxxxxx, Registered Nurse
Authorized Organization/Organisme agréé: xxxxxxxxxx
Your next dose is scheduled for/Votre prochaine dose est prévue pour

Edited by Oceangoer2

1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

In our Ontario location, we were given a paper printout at the vaccination site, as well as a copy email stating date received, type of vaccine, etc.  We'll see what happens after the 2nd dose.  By that time, there may be public access to the database.  At this point, however, if the following isn't accepted, along with the negative test provided as required, then I guess we won't be cruising in November.

Dose Administration Receipt

ONTARIO MINISTRY OF HEALTH
Ministère de la Santé
Name/Nom: XXXXXX
Health Card Number/Numéro de la carte Santé: XXXXXX
Date of Birth/Date de naissance: XXXXX
Date/Date: 2021-03-28, 11:58 a.m.
Agent/Agent: COVID-19_mRNA
Product Name/Nom du produit: MODERNA COVID-19 mRNA-1273
Diluent Product: Not Applicable / Ne s’applique pas
Lot/Lot: 3001176
Dosage/Dosage: 0.5ml
Route/Voie: Intramuscular / intramusculaire
Site/Site: Left deltoid / deltoïde gauche
You have received 1 valid dose(s) / Vous avez reçu 1 dose(s) valide(s)
Vaccine Administered By/Vaccin Administré par: xxxxxx, Registered Nurse
Authorized Organization/Organisme agréé: xxxxxxxxxx
Your next dose is scheduled for/Votre prochaine dose est prévue pour

While our 1st shot booking confirmation emails also listed the time and date for our 2nd shot, this information wan't reflected on our Dose Administration Receipt. I see that your receipt is similarly silent. Any clue as to why? 

35 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

While our 1st shot booking confirmation emails also listed the time and date for our 2nd shot, this information wan't reflected on our Dose Administration Receipt. I see that your receipt is similarly silent. Any clue as to why? 

Hi Fouremco.......It was stamped on the back of the DAR with date and time.  My guess would be this could be changed considering more/less doses received.  Hoping for the 'more'.  1st shot booking confirmation didn't have any info re 2nd shot timing.

Edited by Oceangoer2

2 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

I think you will need Proof of vaccination plus PCR and/or antigen tests within 72 hours

I think the dosing confirmation provided will do and whatever tests are required we will also provide.

Edited by Oceangoer2
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Hi Fouremco.......It was stamped on the back of the DAR with date and time.  My guess would be this could be changed considering more/less doses received.  Hoping for the 'more'.  1st shot booking confirmation didn't have any info re 2nd shot timing.

That's interesting. I would have thought that our booking confirmations and our vaccination receipts would have reflected the 2nd shot information in the same way. We are also keeping our fingers crossed for more doses coming earlier, with the possibility of moving up the date for our 2nd shot. 

• Like 2

In British Columbia we are issued with a card that states it is a permanent record (silly thing is a little longer and a little less wide than a credit card so it is not easy to fit in a wallet). The back gives the details of the vaccine, name and DOB.

This info is also linked to our BC Service Card (integrated with BC Drivers License). The info is also available on a smart phone using the BC services Card app (haven't tried accessing yet, just had 1st jab).

We will get notified, through our registration number, via email, text, or phone when our 2nd jab is available. Mine, at time of 1st jab was expected to be August.

I'm hoping all this linking to our Services Records will make it easy to adapt the records to be used with national and international methods of proving vaccination. (link to passport chip or ESTA type visa but for vaccines)  

Because the AZ has become available at pop ups, pharmacies etc the well organized plans are going a little astray and these shots aren't getting recorded in a persons health records through a registration number. Not a well thought out plan unfortunately and people are being asked to register post AZ shot so their records will be complete.

Cheers, h

image.png

Edited by middlehaitch
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, middlehaitch said:

In British Columbia we are issued with a card that states it is a permanent record (silly thing is a little longer and a little less wide than a credit card so it is not easy to fit in a wallet). The back gives the details of the vaccine, name and DOB.

This info is also linked to our BC Service Card (integrated with BC Drivers License). The info is also available on a smart phone using the BC services Card app (haven't tried accessing yet, just had 1st jab).

I'm hoping all this linking to our Services Records will make it easy to adapt the records to be used with national and international methods of proving vaccination. (link to passport chip or ESTA type visa but for vaccines)  

Because the AZ has become available at pop ups, pharmacies etc the well organized plans are going a little astray and these shots aren't getting recorded in a persons health records through a registration number. Not a well thought out plan unfortunately and people are being asked to register post AZ shot so their records will be complete.

image.thumb.png.f5889e8bfc405c0ddc1942151268353d.png

Cheers, h

image.png

In spite of the pharmacy issue and the card size (!), I think that BC has a much better grip on things than Ontario. 

Let us know what happens when you try the app.

• Like 3

Latest from national media:

After weeks of pushback from the cruise industry, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Wednesday detailed a pathway for U.S. cruising to resume by mid-July. And, as with most travel guidelines in the pandemic era, vaccinations will be key.

Notably, the CDC said, ships will be able to skip “simulated” test voyages — one of the requirements in the agency’s conditional sailing order (CSO) for trips to resume — if the cruise line can attest that at least 98 percent of the crew and 95 percent of passengers are fully vaccinated. That would allow cruise operators to bypass a time-consuming step on the way to returning to sea with paying passengers.

The public health agency’s new parameters came in a letter to industry executives that was obtained by The Washington Post. The letter followed twice-a-week meetings that officials from cruise lines and the CDC have been holding since April 12.

Sounds optimistic.  Not sure how a ships will certify the vaccination levels.  Maybe a couple of ships back out with passengers by mid-July if they bundle together crew from several ships.

Personally don't see the cruise lines being able to meet even these few requirements.

Personally Im not ready to embark on a Caribbean cruise this year without crew and passengers being fully vaccinated.  

First cruise we have scheduled is a TA in March.  That should be ready to go even with crew and passenger limits.

4 minutes ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

Personally don't see the cruise lines being able to meet even these few requirements.

Actually most of the requirements of the CSO are still in place.  The changes were really options for them to bypass the simulated voyage step providing they require mostly vaccinated crew/passengers on their restricted revenue sailings.

They are still waiting for the Cruise Lines to satisfy the port contracts and other parts of phase 2a.  They said these would have to be complete pretty quickly to be able to complete the other steps and make a mid July restart.   The next couple of weeks should be telling.   Ball is certainly in the Cruise Lines court now.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fouremco said:

I wasn't offered a printed copy at the vaccination site, and I don't know what happens for people who have no email account.

The mass vaccination clinics had the ability to print the same record they emailed you - I just think it wasn't 'advertised' to save time, etc. 

10 hours ago, Shadow9612 said:

The mass vaccination clinics had the ability to print the same record they emailed you - I just think it wasn't 'advertised' to save time, etc. 

The vaccination site we attended was out of the city in a farm country small town...not a mass vaccination clinic....in a hockey arena.  Quick in and out...and up to date computer response.  Initial booking for our small city included 5-6 sites we could attend...we picked the rural one knowing inside the city would be very busy and rural was actually closer to home.  I wonder why the province is so different in locations providing confirmation and vaccination record.  The important thing is we received a record in some fashion and most likely that's in a database we can refer to down the road.

16 hours ago, Fouremco said:

In spite of the pharmacy issue and the card size (!), I think that BC has a much better grip on things than Ontario. 

Let us know what happens when you try the app.

We are definitely behind BC...Just waded through Public Health Ontario links...found a database we can contribute to.  Doesn't seem to be automatic.  I uploaded our vaccine info into the record.  None of my prior vaccinations, ie flu shot, was recorded.  At least something is there now to prove from my end we are 1 dose vaccinated.  Will push further.  There may be an issuance as described by BC poster in the future and maybe I'm just ahead of the game....want my ducks in a row before Nov. cruise.

15 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Actually most of the requirements of the CSO are still in place.  The changes were really options for them to bypass the simulated voyage step providing they require mostly vaccinated crew/passengers on their restricted revenue sailings.

They are still waiting for the Cruise Lines to satisfy the port contracts and other parts of phase 2a.  They said these would have to be complete pretty quickly to be able to complete the other steps and make a mid July restart.   The next couple of weeks should be telling.   Ball is certainly in the Cruise Lines court now.

We're basically at the point of telling the 4 year old to eat their vegetables first then they can get dessert.  :classic_wink:

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Shadow9612 said:

That's a good possibility. And providing emailed rather than printed copies would save a lot of paper.

The important thing is we received a record in some fashion and most likely that's in a database we can refer to down the road.

Yes, I agree that all is good no matter how we get the record. Getting it by email saved me the trouble of having to scan it to have an e-copy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fouremco said:

That's a good possibility. And providing emailed rather than printed copies would save a lot of paper.

Yes, I agree that all is good no matter how we get the record. Getting it by email saved me the trouble of having to scan it to have an e-copy.

I appreciated having both the paper and the e-copy.....an on-the-spot copy as I was leaving for confirmation and the back up e-copy for my digital record JUST IN CASE something online goes awry...lol.  I'm now more comfortable as well having inputted the vaccine info into my area's public health record...this process has been so organized from beginning to end....the provincial/federal govt could take note.

We are definitely behind BC...Just waded through Public Health Ontario links...found a database we can contribute to.  Doesn't seem to be automatic.  I uploaded our vaccine info into the record.  None of my prior vaccinations, ie flu shot, was recorded.  At least something is there now to prove from my end we are 1 dose vaccinated.  Will push further.  There may be an issuance as described by BC poster in the future and maybe I'm just ahead of the game....want my ducks in a row before Nov. cruise.

Can you share the url?  I've looked there in the past but must have missed it.

Just now, Fouremco said:

Can you share the url?  I've looked there in the past but must have missed it.

I was going to offer it to you, but realized it's local public health...here's what I accessed..there may be an Ottawa area link in kind.  https://mlhu.icon.ehealthontario.ca/#!/self/submission/confirmation

3 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Thanks. I'll try the Ottawa equivalent.

Just followed through to the 'setting Pin' page...this info is connected to the Ontario Health Registry.  So points to the province that they do have a registration of our vaccinations.  Maybe after 2nd dose there will be a similar 'card' connection we can carry with us.  Let me know if you found your site and could work with it.

32 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Just followed through to the 'setting Pin' page...this info is connected to the Ontario Health Registry.  So points to the province that they do have a registration of our vaccinations.  Maybe after 2nd dose there will be a similar 'card' connection we can carry with us.  Let me know if you found your site and could work with it.

No luck so far finding a patient portal. I might just wait until Monday and give them a call.

I took a look at the Ontario Health Registry too, but that simply took me in a big circle. The OHR website say it is working on developing digital access by patients to their electronic health records, but in the mean time they need to request a printed copy from a variety of provincial or community health agencies. For immunization records:

Public Health Ontario

Contact your local Public Health Unit to access immunization records from the provincial digital health immunization repository.

So back to Ottawa Public Health... 

9 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Not only do I have my US vaccination card , I recently received my Medicare statement which lists not only the date (first and second) of my shots but also dr who administered the shot and lists the facility where shot was given.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, REEtired said:

Not only do I have my US vaccination card , I recently received my Medicare statement which lists not only the date (first and second) of my shots but also dr who administered the shot and lists the facility where shot was given.  

Excellent!

Here in California, we got emails from CalVax before our 15 minute waiting period was even over with a link to our CalVax pages listing our Covid vaccinations. Earlier this week, I was at a Kaiser facility for a colonoscopy, and I asked my prep nurse If I could have my Covid vaccine information entered into my record. Hubby had my card out in the waiting room, but he could give it to her after my procedure.. However, my nurse checked my record and the Covid vaccinations were already there. It appears that Big Brother is, indeed, watching.