Viking Unveils Bermuda Home Port Itinerary

Charles4515

29 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

This is promising. Much better than the Royal Caribbean itinerary. The ship is really just a hotel though on this itinerary. 

https://www.royalgazette.com/tourism/news/article/20210406/viking-unveils-bermuda-home-port-itinerary/

I'd sooner fly to Bermuda and stay at  a hotel there for the 8 days. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, njhorseman said:

So would I. If I fly to Bermuda it will be to stay at a hotel but at least that itinerary is not a bunch of sea days to and from Coco Cay. When ships can sail again from US home ports I would like Viking to do that itinerary from the US. 

On 4/6/2021 at 10:35 PM, njhorseman said:
On 4/6/2021 at 10:04 PM, Charles4515 said:

Same-- but at $225 per person, per night including all meals it is less expensive overall for someone visiting than the equivalent 4 star hotel landside plus meals. Pretty good value for money-- just not what I would want to do on a Bermuda vacation. 

On 4/7/2021 at 6:49 AM, Charles4515 said:

When ships can sail again from US home ports I would like Viking to do that itinerary from the US.

Absolutely-- it would be fantastic if Viking did an East Coast to Bermuda itinerary-- even if it was just a handful of sailings a year like Oceania. 

• Like 2

I am so excited to be on a  Bermuda Escape sailing  on Viking Orion in July.  I have never been to Bermuda.

I love Viking Ocean. The  iceland 8 day cruises on Viking out in 24 hrs. There is still  a couple of openings on the Bermuda sailings. They will all be booked by early next week.

We stay overnight  in two  of the three ports and have two sea days. 

Is sounds perfect to me , a spa/ luxery hotel on the water while  exploring Bermuda. 

On 4/10/2021 at 5:17 PM, Azulann said:

I have never been to Bermuda.

I love Viking Ocean.

And, without generalizing too much and not knowing you at all, I think you are literally the exact type of traveller they were looking for. For someone who has never been to the island before it's a great platform for exploring and with meals included and the ship's movements around the island eliminating the need for longer expensive taxi rides, it's a rather low cost way to see an otherwise relatively expensive Bermuda. 

• Like 2

I normally cruise in Europe, a couple of repositioning cruises and a transit of Panama Canal. i like a 15 day cruise with  add ons before and after.

This Viking cruise is the opposite.

But  being able to go to Bermuda is a great opportunity to see what people love about this island.  A perfect  first venture, beyond my  city  during  the pandemic, in my book.  

i have done nice long winter vacations in DR, Mexico during the winter in my  past.

Edited by Azulann
  • Like 1