Chef Table Menus and Reservations

dwlmg

I have seen online menus for Chef's Table meals.  At the time online reservations open up, is there an indication as to which menu will be served on a specific night? Example - If I am looking for the Xiang menu, will the reservation system tell me which nights it will be served?

8 hours ago, dwlmg said:

I have seen online menus for Chef's Table meals.  At the time online reservations open up, is there an indication as to which menu will be served on a specific night? Example - If I am looking for the Xiang menu, will the reservation system tell me which nights it will be served?

It used to do so.  Click on the day and then the name of the menu will show.

On 4/7/2021 at 8:19 AM, TayanaLorna said:

It used to do so.  Click on the day and then the name of the menu will show.

FWIW, this hasn’t been my experience. We haven’t been able to see the Chef’s Table menu before boarding.  Maybe it’s because we are in Vs or DVs but when we have tried to make reservations there has been no information about which menu. 

That is the reason I always recommend downloading the app before leaving home and logging on immediately after boarding.  You can see all menus for all restaurants for the entire cruise. That has enabled us to not miss our favorites in the Restaurant and be sure to try (or have again) the Chef’s Table menus that we want. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

FWIW, this hasn’t been my experience. We haven’t been able to see the Chef’s Table menu before boarding.  Maybe it’s because we are in Vs or DVs but when we have tried to make reservations there has been no information about which menu. 

That is the reason I always recommend downloading the app before leaving home and logging on immediately after boarding.  You can see all menus for all restaurants for the entire cruise. That has enabled us to not miss our favorites in the Restaurant and be sure to try (or have again) the Chef’s Table menus that we want. 

Any idea which version of MVJ you are using? Do you get a navy blue splash screen while waiting for the login to complete? That's the new version. The ability to view the menus may be a new version feature only.

2 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

Any idea which version of MVJ you are using? Do you get a navy blue splash screen while waiting for the login to complete? That's the new version. The ability to view the menus may be a new version feature only.

I have the new one 😢 which means I have nothing. 

0E5E61B4-917E-40B8-A0A3-3F928BC6AB4D.jpeg

2 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

I have the new one 😢 which means I have nothing.

Yes, but a least everyone is in the same boat! I wouldn't want to be the only one who gets "Coming Soon" because that is a harder problem to solve.

And just think of those Suite dwellers, for whom shorex booking has already opened!

37 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

Our MVJ for Bermuda cruises works just fine today.

Available to book reservations for The Restaurant for dinner.

For other cabins I imagine others are open as well.

Note that the people -- including me -- are reporting that those reservation confirmation emails, one for each reservation, went to your TA.  Don't know where they end up if you don't have a TA.

Just checked and MVJ now has Iceland opened up, at least for dining reservation.  Nothing yet on ShoreX but I'm hopeful it will be fine soon.  I hope you all are as ex-freaking-cited as we are to be finally really planning for another Viking Journey!  Our last one was the TA portion of a World Cruise two years ago.  Man oh man we had a great time and met so many great people!

Cheers all, and God Bless!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Crisismon said:

Just checked and MVJ now has Iceland opened up, at least for dining reservation.  Nothing yet on ShoreX but I'm hopeful it will be fine soon.  I hope you all are as ex-freaking-cited as we are to be finally really planning for another Viking Journey!  Our last one was the TA portion of a World Cruise two years ago.  Man oh man we had a great time and met so many great people!

Cheers all, and God Bless!

Don't dawdle! Those time slots are filling up every quickly.

Also note that the confirmation e-mails for each reservation are being sent to our TAs, not to us.