Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Yep lol this sucks! I’m trying to figure out what it means if you’ve cancelled more than once. It says:

Full Future Voyage Credit
Your full Future Voyage Credit will be restored to use toward a future sailing, and our standard cancellation policies will apply. The FVC is valid for redemption up to a year after the impacted voyage start date and can be applied to any sailing with open inventory through 2022.

So does that mean even though I’ve only paid a deposit for the second cruise I’ve booked (that is now cancelled) that I will get a credit in the full amount of the cruise cost? 
So confused.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Like we couldn't have seen this coming from a mile away... I'm glad that after being cancelled on five times, I booked for the middle of 2022 and not just later this year...

 

 

Screenshot_20210407-112039.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, garymfreedman said:

I don't know if I can handle a 5th booking.. The CDC sucks...

 

 

I'm right there with you. We were booked on the Inaugural.  We booked the rescheduled inaugural and used our credit to also book Richard's Birthday Bash.  Both of those were cancelled.  We booked on this year's Richard's Birthday Bash and were waiting for the Inaugural to be rescheduled.  And, here we are.  I just regret buying the plane tickets already but I was so hopeful that it would go.  I have a lot of FVC with Virgin now that will have to be used during 2022 and we already had to use Princess voyage credit in 2022.  I might just blow all this credit on one of the big suites rather than trying to get two cruises out of it since we only have so much vacation time available each year.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kdiamond55 said:

Yep lol this sucks! I’m trying to figure out what it means if you’ve cancelled more than once. It says:

Full Future Voyage Credit
Your full Future Voyage Credit will be restored to use toward a future sailing, and our standard cancellation policies will apply. The FVC is valid for redemption up to a year after the impacted voyage start date and can be applied to any sailing with open inventory through 2022.

So does that mean even though I’ve only paid a deposit for the second cruise I’ve booked (that is now cancelled) that I will get a credit in the full amount of the cruise cost? 
So confused.

Basically, once you have had one cancellation and gotten the FCC, that is all they are giving you-Other than if you buy it during their sale, where you get the sailor loot. I have cancelled 3 times, and still have the same amount as when the first voyage was cancelled.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Like we couldn't have seen this coming from a mile away... I'm glad that after being cancelled on five times, I booked for the middle of 2022 and not just later this year...

 

 

Screenshot_20210407-112039.png

And if we can't cruise in the middle of 2022, time to call it quits...:)

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, garymfreedman said:

And if we can't cruise in the middle of 2022, time to call it quits...:)

If they don't sail by then, they'll be bankrupt... I just booked on of the Norwegian cruises out of Jamaica for August of this year, and I'm pretty sure it'll actually sail, due to the CDC having no jurisdiction over it...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sid_9169 said:

If they don't sail by then, they'll be bankrupt... I just booked on of the Norwegian cruises out of Jamaica for August of this year, and I'm pretty sure it'll actually sail, due to the CDC having no jurisdiction over it...

They are partially owned by Bain capital, who has plenty of cash.....

Link to post
Share on other sites

We decided to change our booking for Richard's Birthday Bash at the end of March - we are relocating this summer (KS to PA), and added to that my mum is terminally ill in the UK (we are in the USA) so decided that trying to take a trip wasn't worth it.

We started with a central sea terrace on the 2020 Birthday bash, had a cheeky corner suite booked for the 2021 birthday bash - but decided to blow the entire FCC on a May 2022 Dominican Daze cruise in a 'gorgeous suite' with all the 'mega rockstar' perks. Hubby isn't great at taking vacation so this seemed like the best option for us. 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...