Jump to content

July Med cruise headache


rdt123
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi all 

 

I realize I’m not on my own but I’m after a bit of advice. We were due to cruise on the seaview from Rome on July 25th. There’s  me, my wife and two kids in a two bedroom suite and my parents in a balcony.

 

we booked through an agent with a 400 deposit on ours and 200 on my parents.

 

Our payment due date is coming up next month and im not confident the cruise will go ahead. That said if I cancel we lose our deposit. If I pay the full balance I’m tying up 4K I could use for another holiday if the cruise didn’t then go ahead. I’m also concerned that I may book flights which go ahead but the cruise doesn’t. I think we’d all be happy with a credit note toward a future cruise (we’ve got two msc cruises booked in 2022) 

 

any thoughts or ideas much appreciated 


rob

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From the uk. If they require vaccinated passengers only we are die because of the kids (blatant age discrimination) 

 

ive just heard the ship is now sailing Northern Europe !

 

rob

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, rdt123 said:

Our payment due date is coming up next month and im not confident the cruise will go ahead. That said if I cancel we lose our deposit....

 

Don't cancel, MSC will cancel this cruise....without a doubt!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi

I've been in a similar position.  What they did for us was put a 25% increase on your deposit for when you want to rebook.  For example my £300 deposit turned into a £375 future cruise credit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, dritan said:

Hi

I've been in a similar position.  What they did for us was put a 25% increase on your deposit for when you want to rebook.  For example my £300 deposit turned into a £375 future cruise credit. 

Thanks - do you I’ll be able to knock the amount off one of the cruises I’ve already booked or is it at time of booking only ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/7/2021 at 6:45 PM, rdt123 said:

 

Hi all 

 

I realize I’m not on my own but I’m after a bit of advice. We were due to cruise on the seaview from Rome on July 25th. There’s  me, my wife and two kids in a two bedroom suite and my parents in a balcony.

 

we booked through an agent with a 400 deposit on ours and 200 on my parents.

 

Our payment due date is coming up next month and im not confident the cruise will go ahead. That said if I cancel we lose our deposit. If I pay the full balance I’m tying up 4K I could use for another holiday if the cruise didn’t then go ahead. I’m also concerned that I may book flights which go ahead but the cruise doesn’t. I think we’d all be happy with a credit note toward a future cruise (we’ve got two msc cruises booked in 2022) 

 

any thoughts or ideas much appreciated 


rob

 

Have you tried to change the cruise to a cruise next summer instead? We had a cruise booked for July this year but won't cruise as long as masks are mandatory on the ship and MSC let us change go a cruise next summer instead. We had to pay a fee for the change but not very much. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/8/2021 at 12:35 AM, hamrag said:

 

Don't cancel, MSC will cancel this cruise....without a doubt!

 

Why are you so sure that they will cancel the cruise? I don't say that I disagree with you but don't know why you are so sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MSC have confirmed to me today that seaview is relocating to Northern Europe so my sailing won’t go ahead. MSC UK don’t yet know what the result will be but they say my agent will be informed. I note the seaside is cruising from Rome 3 days earlier but we can’t travel on that so I’d imagine we will just be refunded 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

 

Why are you so sure that they will cancel the cruise? I don't say that I disagree with you but don't know why you are so sure.

Given COVID-19 in the med countries, and Italy is a total wash, I am of the opinion there is no chance of the cases reducing to the extent that cruising can resume from Italy....sometimes my hunches are correct, sometimes wrong!

 

Aside from that, MSC announced a few days ago that Seaview will be sailing in the Northern Europe area, that is why I am so sure that Seaview will not sail from Rome! 

Edited by hamrag
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, hamrag said:

Given COVID-19 in the med countries, and Italy is a total wash, I am of the opinion there is no chance of the cases reducing to the extent that cruising can resume from Italy....sometimes my hunches are correct, sometimes wrong!

 

Aside from that, MSC announced a few days ago that Seaview will be sailing in the Northern Europe area, that is why I am so sure that Seaview will not sail from Rome! 

 

I agree with what you say. Will Seaview be an "extra" ship in the Northern Europe or will she replace another ship? Maybe another ship will do the Mediterranean cruises so that they won't be cancelled?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sverigecruiser said:

 

I agree with what you say. Will Seaview be an "extra" ship in the Northern Europe or will she replace another ship? Maybe another ship will do the Mediterranean cruises so that they won't be cancelled?

It appears Splendid a cruises in Northern Europe will be cancelled. Official announcement on Monday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...