6 minutes ago, imola said:

Question.... I have been told that you cannot use C&A discount with some other discounts.  It is not a stand alone earned perk that you get for being loyal to RC.  Others share this same experience?  Being loyal and earning C&A higher level (which we are) has resulted in being no big deal.  Very sad.

Correct.  You have to read the fine print for the sale that is running when you book to see what is and what isn't combinable.  I always make sure I print off the details just in case there is an error.  As far as the military discount, Royal has never had a flat military discount on all sailings like some other lines.  It is a discount that sometimes is there, like a residency discount or a senior discount.

27 minutes ago, imola said:

We get military on Princess and Carnival.  They have DH DD214 on file so he gets it applied every cruise with no effort needed on our part.  They say they want him to know that his service is appreciated.   

So are you saying that a military discount can be applied if it comes up later, even after final payment? 

Would they reprice the entire cruise?  

Yes the entire cruise is repriced 

26 minutes ago, jonbgd said:

Just did a dummy booking on RCL and checked off correct boxes but still no Balcony discount🤔

oh well still not working

but concerning discounts i think i remember that there is a limit of 3 discounts per booking is that still correct?

There is no limit it is just what ones are combinable. 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Sounds correct to me. Senior and resident and military are often closer to final payment when you see them. Or after final payment. I dont see them that far out. And I've had texas pop up and then later says senior. Same discount off whatever rate. Other cruiselines I've seen the same? Which ones always give a military discount?

Booked a cruise for a client a month ago for April 2022 with a seniors discount.  Another one 3 months ago for Dec 2021 with a resident discount. They are totally random and appear at any time not just near or after final payment. 

Sad that they choose not to reward loyal customers.  Guess we will start looking at options IF the world ever starts sailing again.  

1 hour ago, imola said:

Sad that they choose not to reward loyal customers.  Guess we will start looking at options IF the world ever starts sailing again.  

Do you want to be rewarded for loyalty, or do you want to be rewarded for service 🤔 

I feel very rewarded for loyalty

Posted (edited)

Price for Anthem July 2021 cruise - Ocean View Balcony - £1089

With Diamond Discount - £1089

Edited by compman9
36 minutes ago, compman9 said:

Price for Anthem July 2021 cruise - Ocean View Balcony - £1089

With Diamond Discount - £1089

Per person, or total

7 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Booked a cruise for a client a month ago for April 2022 with a seniors discount.  Another one 3 months ago for Dec 2021 with a resident discount. They are totally random and appear at any time not just near or after final payment. 

Definitely random, I have been seeing resident discounts on all my 22/23 cruise bookings

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, compman9 said:

If it was per person I would have been yelling from the rooftops 🤣

Y'all just cheap🤣🤣 based on your Anthem UK thread

Edited by John&LaLa
18 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Do you want to be rewarded for loyalty, or do you want to be rewarded for service 🤔 

I feel very rewarded for loyalty

I don't feel it should have to be a choice.  We have been loyal to RC and should receive that discount as it is touted as a perk.  Secondly, IF they are going to offer a military discount for putting ones life on the line then give that as well.  Don't use it as a sometimes "promotional" draw.  It's not like well I don't feel like putting my life on the line today.  Try to catch me another time.  My feeling is either give it or not but be consistent.  Otherwise it feels like they are just using the military tag to draw business.  

I know that there will be many here that do not agree with me and I am ok with that.  I am just stating my opinion.  I am not trying to changes others nor changing mine.  

Hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy.   

21 hours ago, jonbgd said:

Just did a dummy booking on RCL and checked off correct boxes but still no Balcony discount🤔

oh well still not working

but concerning discounts i think i remember that there is a limit of 3 discounts per booking is that still correct?

I always do the dummy booking prior to calling them. Then I have them quote it over the phone and it is almost always a better price, due to the discounts.

Eddie

Hi if I do a solo what is the maximum discount I could receive? We are D+ on 380 points , is a balcony discount included? Thanks 🙂

6 hours ago, Hogbay said:

Hi if I do a solo what is the maximum discount I could receive? We are D+ on 380 points , is a balcony discount included? Thanks 🙂

The balcony discount for a D+ is $250 booked 6 months in advance.  Travelling solo and taking advantage of the 150% solo benefit you would receive 75% of the $250 discount which is $188