Enrichment/Entertainment Program Listings for New Bahama Itineraries

I must be looking at the wrong thing.....I can find no info on any "onboard" folks at all for Aug 7th. Nassau rt.

What should I be looking at?

Seems to me like rotating and sending folks home after only a month is unusual? 

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Mudhen said:

I get that.... I understand.....but if that's the case, still makes me feel a whole lot less special. The reason we picked a slightly later cruise in the season was to maybe have some of bugs out of the system. Guess we'll wind up being guinea pigs for the next round. sigh....

Either way I don’t think that will be the case AT ALL.  The crew are going to rotate on and off the ship as usual regardless of whether they go home or onward.  IMHO you are smart to wait a while to sail — your cruise will most certainly have more of those kinks worked out than the earlier ones.  So far I’ve only seen very senior names too, these people all know what they’re doing, regardless of who specifically is on your sailing.

I wouldn’t be worried at all based on what we’ve seen so far!

Vince

Edited by BWIVince
2 minutes ago, Mudhen said:

I must be looking at the wrong thing.....I can find no info on any "onboard" folks at all for Aug 7th. Nassau rt.

They’ve only posted the details for the first cruises so far.  That’s normally more about loading the website’s content management system than it is about the actual assignments changing.  I wouldn’t be surprised if when the data is loaded, the August 7th officers look similar to the week before.

Vince

There is no dance team listed! No performances, no dance lessons to go along with no Ambassador Hosts?? Will the Crystal Quartet be there to play dance music?

7 hours ago, Out2See said:

Couldn't be happier to tell everyone that  I will be doing a B2B from August 14th to the 28th with some new lectures. See, you can teach an old lecturer new tricks. Looking forward to seeing so many old friends. 

I'm sorry we'll be missing you as we're doing the first two cruises. 😞

11 hours ago, Mudhen said:

When it has been updated you will go here:

https://www.crystalcruises.com/voyage/nassau-roundtrip-ocy210807-07?content=%2Ftour%2Fentertainment%2Focy210807-07%3Fvoyageid%3Docy210807-07%26backto%3DVoyage&scrollto=onboard#onboard

As to sending folks home if you mean the Captain, and Hotel Director please note they are on right now.  Since the ship stopped sailing there has always been a Captain and Hotel Director on board along with several other officers and crew.  They have been rotating back and forth.  So the Captain and the Hotel Director appear to be on for only a month when the sailings begin but they will have been on board prior to start up.

The same applies to Symphony.

Keith

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, TER777 said:

There is no dance team listed! No performances, no dance lessons to go along with no Ambassador Hosts?? Will the Crystal Quartet be there to play dance music?

It’s hard to tell if this is protocol-related or not...  The onboard section has always filled in kind of randomly — maybe they just haven’t been confirmed yet?  

I could see why they might not have a dance team, but I can’t imagine they would remove the music for everyone to dance.  Was there guidance around dancing with people only in your travel bubble (like the dining)?

Vince

Edited by BWIVince
10 hours ago, TER777 said:

This is the info I would really like to see too. The Latin Dance Teams have become my favorite entertainment on Crystal. 

2 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

When it has been updated you will go here:

https://www.crystalcruises.com/voyage/nassau-roundtrip-ocy210807-07?content=%2Ftour%2Fentertainment%2Focy210807-07%3Fvoyageid%3Docy210807-07%26backto%3DVoyage&scrollto=onboard#onboard

As to sending folks home if you mean the Captain, and Hotel Director please note they are on right now.  Since the ship stopped sailing there has always been a Captain and Hotel Director on board along with several other officers and crew.  They have been rotating back and forth.  So the Captain and the Hotel Director appear to be on for only a month when the sailings begin but they will have been on board prior to start up.

The same applies to Symphony.

Keith

To be filed under "ah duh" on my part. Of course there has been a captain onboard. I don't know what I was thinking!!

But I would like to know where you got the info on our captain (Captain Giske) and hotel director, (Mr. Hubert for the Aug 7th cruise. I can't find that anywhere.. A secret source, perhaps...(giggle!!!)

2 minutes ago, Mudhen said:

To be filed under "ah duh" on my part. Of course there has been a captain onboard. I don't know what I was thinking!!

But I would like to know where you got the info on our captain (Captain Giske) and hotel director, (Mr. Hubert for the Aug 7th cruise. I can't find that anywhere.. A secret source, perhaps...(giggle!!!)

As Sergeant Schultz would say on Hogan's Heroes ( I see nothing, I know nothing, I hear nothing). 

I just keep my ear to the ground though.  😀  Although tougher wearing a Face Mask.  LOL.

Keith

On 4/12/2021 at 2:12 PM, bitob said:

Our bridge club not opening until the Fall

I do not see a problem if everyone is fully vaccinated and wears a mask

They can sanitize bidding  boxes daily and make EW carry  their boxes from table to table.

The cards and boards -- nothing to be done!!

Your club is operating under more abundance of caution than mine!

I’m sad to say I’ve never attended a club in Tucson, nor a tournament. Certainly have been to one or two NABCs in Phoenix, so I can tick off “played bridge in Arizona” if I ever convince Mr. B to attempt to complete the list with me. We have Hawaii and Alaska done, but missing five out of six in New England alone!

On 4/12/2021 at 3:36 PM, FlyerTalker said:

Of course the CDC now says that the risk of transmission from surfaces is close to nil.

Just think of the hundreds of millions (billions?) of dollars spent on plexiglas and disinfectants and cleaning supplies and rubber gloves and so much more.  Remember how Lysol wipes were worth their weight in gold?

Just a random thought....all that disinfecting did one thing -- it helped to foster resistant strains of bacteria.

Perhaps 32,000 deaths from flu in 2018-2019 vs. fewer than 1000 this past season was an improvement partially resulting from our abundance of caution, every which way. 

3 hours ago, May B said:

Your club is operating under more abundance of caution than mine!

I’m sad to say I’ve never attended a club in Tucson, nor a tournament. Certainly have been to one or two NABCs in Phoenix, so I can tick off “played bridge in Arizona” if I ever convince Mr. B to attempt to complete the list with me. We have Hawaii and Alaska done, but missing five out of six in New England alone!

A worthy goal -- kinda like seeing a baseball game in every park 

For me it's only been AZ Cal, Florida, NY

1 hour ago, bitob said:

I just read that the tournaments here will start up again in the fall.  

The Clubs may start up again in Summer but I like that Frank is home playing on line.

Everything is electronic now here.  No bidding boxes

2 hours ago, bitob said:

Baseball in every park, yes, great goal!

Where did you play bridge in FL, if you’re willing to share that info?

42 minutes ago, ChatKat in Ca. said:

I just read that the tournaments here will start up again in the fall.  

The Clubs may start up again in Summer but I like that Frank is home playing on line.

Everything is electronic now here.  No bidding boxes

Do you mean they have electronic bidding, even in real life?

Our sectionals may start sooner, but regionals in October ... maybe.

Mr B and I have enjoyed playing online, since he retired in 2004, such a more efficient use of our time.

18 minutes ago, May B said:

Do you mean they have electronic bidding, even in real life?

Our sectionals may start sooner, but regionals in October ... maybe.

Mr B and I have enjoyed playing online, since he retired in 2004, such a more efficient use of our time.

Oh sorry - Scoring!  Duh!  I gave up Bridge play when Frank got his Life Master.  We have a really nice club but the 99er games are at another club with a not so friendly reputation that is well deserved.

1 minute ago, ChatKat in Ca. said:

Oh sorry - Scoring!  Duh!  I gave up Bridge play when Frank got his Life Master.  We have a really nice club but the 99er games are at another club with a not so friendly reputation that is well deserved.

Ok, now I got it.

A club with 99er games with a not so friendly reputation, what’s wrong with THIS picture? We certainly do live in an imperfect world, don’t we?

48 minutes ago, May B said:

Baseball in every park, yes, great goal!

Where did you play bridge in FL, if you’re willing to share that info?

I play with Marty Bergen in tournaments there.  He has been my teacher since 2017.  Palm Beach Gardens regional, Tampa regional, Coral Springs Regional

27 minutes ago, ChatKat in Ca. said:

Kathy -- I booked my timeshare with 3 friends for the Palms Spring Regional in December.  Fingers crossed.  Hope to see you then

6 minutes ago, bitob said:

I play with Marty Bergen in tournaments there.  He has been my teacher since 2017.  Palm Beach Gardens regional, Tampa regional, Coral Springs Regional

I used to go to all of them. Pairs, or also some teams? 

Does he have you playing reverse Bergen? 😉

3 hours ago, May B said:

I used to go to all of them. Pairs, or also some teams? 

Does he have you playing reverse Bergen? 😉

He plays regular Bergen!

4 hours ago, bitob said:

Kathy -- I booked my timeshare with 3 friends for the Palms Spring Regional in December.  Fingers crossed.  Hope to see you then

That would be fun!  I am sure Frank will play too