Silver Moon Greece 10 day itineraries beginning June, 2021

7 hours ago, TakingFlight said:

Next question: Dress "code". We have been to Greece in August--so hot! DH is not enamored of the more formal dress code on the Moon. We've only done Silversea Expeditions so not so formal. Can he get by with a sport coat and collared shirt? I just can't picture a suit and tie in the hot weather climate.

The "rule book" is on the SS web site. On these 10-day cruises there will be 2 formal nights, 5 informal and 3 casual nights. 

You can escape the formal nights by dining in La Terrazza. 

Due to this silly dress code policy, we have so far chosen Regent over Silversea. However, we are so eager to start cruising again that we now happily will comply with SS dress code. 

Clothing Suggestions – Shipboard Attire

Shipboard attire ranges from casual to formal. Casual wear is appropriate for daytime aboard ship or ashore and consists of standard sports outfits as worn at five-star resorts. Shoes should be flat or low heeled for deck activities. Evening attire falls into three categories: casual, informal and formal. On casual evenings, pants, blouses, skirts and casual dresses for ladies; open-neck shirts and slacks for gentlemen are appropriate. On informal evenings, ladies usually wear dresses or pantsuits; gentlemen wear jackets (tie optional). Appropriate formal evening wear for ladies is an evening gown or cocktail dress; gentlemen wear tuxedos, dinner jackets or dark suits. Tie is required.

On formal nights, guests may dine in La Terrazza and choose to dress informal; dresses or pantsuits for ladies, jackets for gentlemen (tie optional). This option also applies to Seishin and Stars on board Silver Spirit. Dining at The Grill is optional casual
all nights. Following dinner, all guests are free to take advantage of any or all public spaces, however, jacket is required. Sailings of 9 days or less typically feature 1 formal night, while longer voyages usually have 2-3 formal nights. Details will be provided in your final cruise documents, but the chart below provides a basic guideline to assist in packing the proper attire.

Please note: On 7 day sailings in the Baltic, Mediterranean and
Alaska, formal night is always optional; guests may choose to
dress informal, a jacket is required for gentlemen.

Evening Dress Code*   
Number of Cruise Days -> Formal -> Informal -> Casual
4 -> 1 -> 2 -> 1
5 -> 1 -> 3 -> 1  
6 -> 1 -> 3 -> 2  
7 -> 1 -> 3 -> 3
8 -> 1 -> 4 -> 3
9 -> 1 -> 5 -> 3
10 -> 2 -> 5 -> 3
11 -> 2 -> 6 -> 3
12 -> 2 -> 6 -> 4
13 -> 2 -> 7 -> 4
14 -> 3 -> 7 -> 4
15 -> 3 -> 8 -> 4
16 -> 3 -> 8 -> 5
17 -> 3 -> 9 -> 5
18 -> 3 -> 10 -> 5
19 -> 3 -> 10 -> 6
20 -> 3 -> 11 -> 6

Please note: On 7 day sailings in the Baltic, Mediterranean and
Alaska, formal night is always optional; guests may choose to
dress informal, a jacket is required for gentlemen.

..... and on our 7  day Baltic cruise in June ... should it go ahead ... there are no formal nights scheduled. 

6 hours ago, jmalux said:

You can escape the formal nights by dining in La Terrazza. 

Very true.  Slacks, jacket, and open necked collared shirt will be quite sufficient.

Two other options, where one can wear shorts if one likes any night,  would be The Grill and Spaccanapoli.

And then there is always the option of dining in one's suite on formal nights, dressed in one's bathrobe.  🙂

On 4/8/2021 at 7:44 PM, WesW said:

Most likely will book a b2b itinerary on the Moon next Thursday transferring my Silver Cloud Tromso to Reykjavik, Reykjavik to Kangerslussuag July/August booking.

Has the Reykjavik to Kangerlussaq cruise been cancelled then? We are really keen to do that cruise and I was hoping that it might still go as I believe Iceland and Greenland are doing OK?

Posted (edited)

What I can tell you is that all the Silver Cloud sailings from June until Nov 14 are waitlisted, indicating very shortly they will be canceled.  Also, was told by my Silversea sources that the Clouds voyages would be modified and booking the Wind Solar Eclipse would be a good idea.  Now, am looking at the Moon Greece itineraries, tho would much rather be doing the Silver Cloud voyages in Iceland and Greenland.

Edited by WesW
7 minutes ago, WesW said:

Our TA got the official notification today, the Cloud Reykjavik to Kang is canceled, alas.

Any chance Silversea is considering moving the Cloud to do a week or 10 days of circumnavigation of Iceland similar to Viking and Seabourn? 

Just booked the 10-day Moon cruise departing on June 28. 

Dinners, massages and excursions are booked, so ready to go 😃

Excursions are included in the package. No excursions currently offered in Ashdod (Jerusalem), but I assume they haven't been finalised yet. 

Surprisingly, this 10-day cruise ended up being only marginally more expensive than our cancelled  7-day Moon cruise, which was supposed to depart on June 14.

4 minutes ago, jmalux said:

Just booked the 10-day Moon cruise departing on June 28. 

Dinners, massages and excursions are booked, so ready to go 😃

Excursions are included in the package. No excursions currently offered in Ashdod (Jerusalem), but I assume they haven't been finalised yet. 

Surprisingly, this 10-day cruise ended up being only marginally more expensive than our cancelled  7-day Moon cruise, which was supposed to depart on June 14.

Hi, looking at the website, the cruise is not listed yet. You must have "an in" somewhere.  Would you mind posting what you paid?

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, jmalux said:

In totality, thanks to some early booking and rebooking discounts

That's awesome!  To get an extra 3-days for a marginal increase in total cost is fantastic to read.

Edited by Stumblefoot
On 4/8/2021 at 7:44 PM, WesW said:

Most likely will book a b2b itinerary on the Moon next Thursday transferring my Silver Cloud Tromso to Reykjavik, Reykjavik to Kangerslussuag July/August booking.

Has the Reykjavik to Kangerlussaq cruise been cancelled then? We are really keen to do that cruise and I was hoping that it might still go as I believe Iceland and Greenland are doing OK?

9 minutes ago, Mocamps said:

The earliest date that I can see for the Moon sailing from Athens is September. Am I missing something?

I think WesW indicated above the voyages aren’t going to be listed until April 15.

6 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

I think WesW indicated above the voyages aren’t going to be listed until April 15.

Sorry, missed that!! I'll keep an eye on it and have contacted my TA as well. Greece isn't really where we want to go as we've already done a cruise in that region and we're trying to go further afield while we're still fit enough! - but so desperate to go away that we'll look at anything!!

59 minutes ago, Mocamps said:

The earliest date that I can see for the Moon sailing from Athens is September. Am I missing something?

The itineraries are going to be released on Thursday, April 15th.

Posted (edited)

Our TA has me booked Aug 27-Sep6, Sep 6-Sep16--already choose excursions (free except one a select one in Crete I will pay for if I go on these voyages).  First choice is Athens to Dubai (25 days in October this year, but air seems to be a problem.

here you go:RTS GREECE (9).XLSM

Edited by WesW
Posted (edited)

Much as I would like to go on a cruise on the Moon this summer the issue now is getting to Greece.

For me as a US citizen I must get to Athens and back non stop from an airport in USA.

If I were to stop in an airport in Europe I might have to quarantine there.

Anyone else concerned about this?

Am I incorrect about the quarantine issues?

Edited by spinnaker2
26 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Much as I would like to go on a cruise on the Moon this summer the issue now is getting to Greece.

For me as a US citizen I must get to Athens and back non stop from an airport in USA.

If I were to stop in an airport in Europe I might have to quarantine there.

Anyone else concerned about this?

Am I incorrect about the quarantine issues?

We are doing a Greece trip starting in late May.  Our flights are on American Airlines to London where we change to British Airlines for the flight to Athens.  I have researched the process of going through customs and immigration in LHR and the checking back into the BA flight and it appears that as long as you stay in the point of immigration (LHR). you are  ok.  Our arrival  time from the US is 6:30 am and we depart at 8:50 am so we don’t linger in the UK for very long.  Tight schedule but we will not be checking luggage so it should work.

We are not cruising but “island hopping” in Greece and Croatia for 48 days.  So far it appears that we will be able to go on this trip with Greece and Croatia allowing vaccinated tourists.  Almost all of my reservations can be canceled if necessary so I will only lose a few dollars if the trip has to be canceled.

11 minutes ago, TRIPACIAN said:

We are doing a Greece trip starting in late May.  Our flights are on American Airlines to London where we change to British Airlines for the flight to Athens.  I have researched the process of going through customs and immigration in LHR and the checking back into the BA flight and it appears that as long as you stay in the point of immigration (LHR). you are  ok.  Our arrival  time from the US is 6:30 am and we depart at 8:50 am so we don’t linger in the UK for very long.  Tight schedule but we will not be checking luggage so it should work.

We are not cruising but “island hopping” in Greece and Croatia for 48 days.  So far it appears that we will be able to go on this trip with Greece and Croatia allowing vaccinated tourists.  Almost all of my reservations can be canceled if necessary so I will only lose a few dollars if the trip has to be canceled.

If u have to go to another terminal its an issue.

16 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

If u have to go to another terminal its an issue.

I think BA and AA are both using T5 at the moment so you should be OK.

Hi Spins, I plan on going on this cruise in July. I don't know about the quarantine and will ask about it.