Jump to content

Virgin Voyages is sailing in the UK?


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, xlairways said:

Hi, 

 

Has anyone managed to view there booking on the android app for the UK trips? 

 

When I open the app it it let's me log in, then I just get the upside down pyramid spinning indefinitely. 

 

 

Don’t use the app - it’s not working. I emailed them to ask yesterday and was told it was down for maintenance and not ready yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, xlairways said:

Hi, 

 

Has anyone managed to view there booking on the android app for the UK trips? 

 

When I open the app it it let's me log in, then I just get the upside down pyramid spinning indefinitely. 

 

 

Same on the apple app.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, wendyam76 said:

From what I’ve read 60 days out for Rockstars and 45 days for the rest. I was able to chose an arrival time - earliest I could get was 2.05pm

 Thank you.

 

We are just trying to decide whether to book now. We have a guarantee seriously suite on hold but have been told they could change that to an aft or corner suite if they so decide because it’s only a guarantee cabin. We really prefer the seriously suite and wouldn’t consider it an ‘upgrade’ so trying to decide what to do!

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Disney-daft said:

 Thank you.

 

We are just trying to decide whether to book now. We have a guarantee seriously suite on hold but have been told they could change that to an aft or corner suite if they so decide because it’s only a guarantee cabin. We really prefer the seriously suite and wouldn’t consider it an ‘upgrade’ so trying to decide what to do!

I’m not familiar with the cabin grades on Scarlet Lady or VV’s pricing policy so don’t know what the difference between the suites is, but I’d say if you’re not losing out financially then go for it. If I had the choice between going on a cruise and not going then going would win every time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2021 at 10:42 AM, stephenSJ said:

Booked this morning, just after 9am. 4 day sailing balcony cabin 2 people £1198 with $200 cabin credit. Wifi inc, tips incl, non alco drnks inc. I think thats a competitive price price compared to the other uk local cruises on offer at moment. 

Never cruised from Portsmouth - need to check parking

I booked this morning - have booked previously for a Portsmouth cruise and used ‘your parking space app’  £31 for the 4 night cruise .... really close to the port 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Great, I started a roll call just in case.

Am travelling solo, booked thro an agent that specialises & so far have one other lady from their FB group who is also going.

I'm hoping for 5th time lucky! 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2021 at 4:07 PM, lee8553 said:

Just booked 4 night 9-13 Aug. 😷

 

On 4/20/2021 at 11:18 PM, wendyam76 said:

We’re on that one too!

 

Make that three. 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2021 at 10:00 PM, xlairways said:

Hi, 

 

Has anyone managed to view there booking on the android app for the UK trips? 

 

When I open the app it it let's me log in, then I just get the upside down pyramid spinning indefinitely. 

 

 

The app works fine, its the PC that doesn't work....keep getting Aw Dang.....Please Try Agian

Aw Dang VV.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2021 at 8:14 PM, wendyam76 said:

From what I’ve read 60 days out for Rockstars and 45 days for the rest. I was able to chose an arrival time - earliest I could get was 2.05pm

Where can you choose your arrival time or is this only for the higher priced accommodation?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wansbrough said:

Where can you choose your arrival time or is this only for the higher priced accommodation?

On the app there is a before you sail option and I tried to fill in Check in and get ready to sail - none of them would work until the last one which was the arrival time. Options were 2pm-5pm and I got 2.05pm.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, wendyam76 said:

On the app there is a before you sail option and I tried to fill in Check in and get ready to sail - none of them would work until the last one which was the arrival time. Options were 2pm-5pm and I got 2.05pm.

That part on my app is greyed out. 🙃😐😒

Its still telling me to complete payment too even though we have paid in full.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wansbrough said:

The app works fine, its the PC that doesn't work....keep getting Aw Dang.....Please Try Agian

Aw Dang VV.jpg

 

I had this. I had to call, email, call....wait. It's working now. I have several bookings and sometimes get the #awkward/404/seal picture on the details page. The systems are new. I'm being patient. Nice people answer the phone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2021 at 10:03 AM, CroozFanatic said:

 

I had this. I had to call, email, call....wait. It's working now. I have several bookings and sometimes get the #awkward/404/seal picture on the details page. The systems are new. I'm being patient. Nice people answer the phone.

I reached out via email, Sailor Services Crew are investigating.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2021 at 5:43 AM, lee8553 said:

Great, I started a roll call just in case.

Am travelling solo, booked thro an agent that specialises & so far have one other lady from their FB group who is also going.

I'm hoping for 5th time lucky! 😄

 

Appears from the website Virgin has pulled all of the inside cabins - that or they sold out all at once.

 

Did you book an inside?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2021 at 9:23 AM, panamapd said:

Do you think they will lay on anything especially for solo travellers?!

 

I have to go it alone as unable to take child so he is staying at home with husband.  No other available companions!!  I must say the solo rate is excellent at only £479!

Hey, I’m travelling Solo,  thought I would drop by and say hello! Would be lovely to get a chance to meet some new Cruisers

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Azamara - We are back with New Greece Voyages
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...