Jump to content

Future Cruise Credits Question


Recommended Posts

 

I had 4 cabins booked on the harmony April '19 sail.  Cruise was cancelled and I got FCCs with an expiry date of December 31, 2021.  Applied the FCC to the April 4, 2020 Anthem Sail.  Since things did not look good I called my TA and asked to L&S to Anthem 

April 17, 2022.  The cost of the April 17 sail was lower and after this transaction (s) I still have balance/unused FCCs amounts

 

It is my understanding from one of the topics on CC, that new FCCs are issued after a cruise has completed.   

 

My question Is "what will the expiry date be for these new FCCs."

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, nelblu said:

 

I had 4 cabins booked on the harmony April '19 sail.  Cruise was cancelled and I got FCCs with an expiry date of December 31, 2021.  Applied the FCC to the April 4, 2020 Anthem Sail.  Since things did not look good I called my TA and asked to L&S to Anthem 

April 17, 2022.  The cost of the April 17 sail was lower and after this transaction (s) I still have balance/unused FCCs amounts

 

It is my understanding from one of the topics on CC, that new FCCs are issued after a cruise has completed.   

 

My question Is "what will the expiry date be for these new FCCs."

 

 30 sept 2022

 

must be booked by 30th April 2022

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Garyjames220 said:

 30 sept 2022

 

must be booked by 30th April 2022

Thank you.  Is it spelled out on their website.  Can I use these amounts to book a cruise without an FCC or do they retain the original Cert #.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, nelblu said:

 

I had 4 cabins booked on the harmony April '19 sail.  Cruise was cancelled and I got FCCs with an expiry date of December 31, 2021.  Applied the FCC to the April 4, 2020 Anthem Sail.  Since things did not look good I called my TA and asked to L&S to Anthem 

April 17, 2022.  The cost of the April 17 sail was lower and after this transaction (s) I still have balance/unused FCCs amounts

 

It is my understanding from one of the topics on CC, that new FCCs are issued after a cruise has completed.   

 

My question Is "what will the expiry date be for these new FCCs."

 

New FCC’s are now issued about 4 weeks after they are applied to the first reservation. You do not have to wait for the first cruise to sail fir them to be reissued. 
 

all FCC’s issued since March 2020 now expire Sept 30, 2022 with an apply by date of April 30, 2022

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, nelblu said:

Thank you.  Is it spelled out on their website.  Can I use these amounts to book a cruise without an FCC or do they retain the original Cert #.

Any leftover amount will now hove their own FCC number. You need to wait until they are reissued. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Any leftover amount will now hove their own FCC number. You need to wait until they are reissued. 


any guesses to if they will extend the 30th sept date 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Garyjames220 said:


any guesses to if they will extend the 30th sept date 

I have no direct knowledge of that but it is my opinion that they will.  My guess is a new expiry date of Dec 30, 2022

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I have no direct knowledge of that but it is my opinion that they will.  My guess is a new expiry date of Dec 30, 2022


When did they extend it last?
 

are u said your sure I can use a FCC on someone in the room that wasn’t on the original booking, so they don’t have a fcc. Just cos it says in the email they sent it’s for that person only 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Garyjames220 said:


When did they extend it last?
 

are u said your sure I can use a FCC on someone in the room that wasn’t on the original booking, so they don’t have a fcc. Just cos it says in the email they sent it’s for that person only 

I don’t believe that I have ever said that you can use an FCC on someone in the room that wasn’t on the original booking.  It can be shared between people but only if they were on the original booking. 
 

It was months ago..maybe January that it was extended. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I don’t believe that I have ever said that you can use an FCC on someone in the room that wasn’t on the original booking.  It can be shared between people but only if they were on the original booking. 
 

It was months ago..maybe January that it was extended. 


oh right so it can’t be used towards our twins fare as my wife gave birth recently 

 

also is there a time when kids go free is likely to come out based on other years

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Any leftover amount will now hove their own FCC number. You need to wait until they are reissued. 

Do you know, Will the residual balance automatically be given a new fcc # .   I have 2 that have $100 balance after new booking I made in the last month or so.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Garyjames220 said:

also is there a time when kids go free is likely to come out based on other years

Anything in the future can’t be based on prior years.  This is the longest they have gone without a KSF in recent memory, it might be a while before it returns. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Do you know, Will the residual balance automatically be given a new fcc # .   I have 2 that have $100 balance after new booking I made in the last month or so.  

Yes, but  they are behind.  I’m waiting for some that I applied at the end of December to be reissued. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes, bu5 they are behind.  I’m waiting for some that I applied at the end of December to be reissued. 

 

15 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes, bu5 they are behind.  I’m waiting for some that I applied at the end of December to be reissued. 


I thought u could share the FCC with other people in your room now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Garyjames220 said:

 


I thought u could share the FCC with other people in your room now

You can but only if they were on the original reservation from where the fcc was issued. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Garyjames220 said:


that’s a bit rubbish as they weren’t born at that point

 

oh well

From the FAQ’s

Can I use part of someone else’s Future Cruise Credit to cover my own cruise fare?

A

 

 

Future Cruise Credits in most cases are nontransferable. This means that you cannot use someone else’s credit for your own cruise fare nor vice versa. Any remaining balance on your credit will automatically be created into a new certificate after you’ve completed your sailing.

However, if you still have a Cruise with Confidence or Global Suspension Future Cruise Certificate, any remaining balances from one person’s credit can be used to cover another passenger if they were originally booked with you. For example:

Original Booking:

Susan Smith received a $1500 FCC

Jason Smith received a $500 FCC

New Booking – Credit CAN be used for another passenger:

Susan Smith’s Cruise Fare is $1000

Jason Smith’s Cruise Fare is $1000

Susan can use the rest of her FCC for Jason because he was a passenger on the original booking.

New Booking – Credit CANNOT be used for another passenger:

Susan Smith’s Cruise Fare is $1000

Tyler Jones’s Cruise Fare is $1000 – New Guest

Susan cannot use the rest of her FCC for Tyler because he was not a passenger on the original booking. Susan would be issued a new FCC, after the completion of her sailing, for the remaining $500. The FCC will need to be redeemed by the original expiration date or within 6 months later — whichever date gives Susan the most time to use it.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

From the FAQ’s

Can I use part of someone else’s Future Cruise Credit to cover my own cruise fare?

A

 

 

Future Cruise Credits in most cases are nontransferable. This means that you cannot use someone else’s credit for your own cruise fare nor vice versa. Any remaining balance on your credit will automatically be created into a new certificate after you’ve completed your sailing.

However, if you still have a Cruise with Confidence or Global Suspension Future Cruise Certificate, any remaining balances from one person’s credit can be used to cover another passenger if they were originally booked with you. For example:

Original Booking:

Susan Smith received a $1500 FCC

Jason Smith received a $500 FCC

New Booking – Credit CAN be used for another passenger:

Susan Smith’s Cruise Fare is $1000

Jason Smith’s Cruise Fare is $1000

Susan can use the rest of her FCC for Jason because he was a passenger on the original booking.

New Booking – Credit CANNOT be used for another passenger:

Susan Smith’s Cruise Fare is $1000

Tyler Jones’s Cruise Fare is $1000 – New Guest

Susan cannot use the rest of her FCC for Tyler because he was not a passenger on the original booking. Susan would be issued a new FCC, after the completion of her sailing, for the remaining $500. The FCC will need to be redeemed by the original expiration date or within 6 months later — whichever date gives Susan the most time to use it.

 

 

Aw well. Need to hope they do a kids sail free offer or I’m screwed 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

From the FAQ’s

Can I use part of someone else’s Future Cruise Credit to cover my own cruise fare?

A

 

 

Future Cruise Credits in most cases are nontransferable. This means that you cannot use someone else’s credit for your own cruise fare nor vice versa. Any remaining balance on your credit will automatically be created into a new certificate after you’ve completed your sailing.

However, if you still have a Cruise with Confidence or Global Suspension Future Cruise Certificate, any remaining balances from one person’s credit can be used to cover another passenger if they were originally booked with you. For example:

Original Booking:

Susan Smith received a $1500 FCC

Jason Smith received a $500 FCC

New Booking – Credit CAN be used for another passenger:

Susan Smith’s Cruise Fare is $1000

Jason Smith’s Cruise Fare is $1000

Susan can use the rest of her FCC for Jason because he was a passenger on the original booking.

New Booking – Credit CANNOT be used for another passenger:

Susan Smith’s Cruise Fare is $1000

Tyler Jones’s Cruise Fare is $1000 – New Guest

Susan cannot use the rest of her FCC for Tyler because he was not a passenger on the original booking. Susan would be issued a new FCC, after the completion of her sailing, for the remaining $500. The FCC will need to be redeemed by the original expiration date or within 6 months later — whichever date gives Susan the most time to use it.

 

 

Is this recent, when I booked my upcoming Oasis Sept. 5, '21,  I was told only one FCC can be used at a time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

From the FAQ’s

Can I use part of someone else’s Future Cruise Credit to cover my own cruise fare?

A

 

 

Future Cruise Credits in most cases are nontransferable. This means that you cannot use someone else’s credit for your own cruise fare nor vice versa. Any remaining balance on your credit will automatically be created into a new certificate after you’ve completed your sailing.

However, if you still have a Cruise with Confidence or Global Suspension Future Cruise Certificate, any remaining balances from one person’s credit can be used to cover another passenger if they were originally booked with you. For example:

Original Booking:

Susan Smith received a $1500 FCC

Jason Smith received a $500 FCC

New Booking – Credit CAN be used for another passenger:

Susan Smith’s Cruise Fare is $1000

Jason Smith’s Cruise Fare is $1000

Susan can use the rest of her FCC for Jason because he was a passenger on the original booking.

New Booking – Credit CANNOT be used for another passenger:

Susan Smith’s Cruise Fare is $1000

Tyler Jones’s Cruise Fare is $1000 – New Guest

Susan cannot use the rest of her FCC for Tyler because he was not a passenger on the original booking. Susan would be issued a new FCC, after the completion of her sailing, for the remaining $500. The FCC will need to be redeemed by the original expiration date or within 6 months later — whichever date gives Susan the most time to use it.

 

 

6 months to use the voucher if u have money left over is not long ether 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Garyjames220 said:

Aw well. Need to hope they do a kids sail free offer or I’m screwed 

They did have a kids sail free promotion in the last couple of months, I'm sure they will have another in the near future.

Any chance newborn babies sail free?  Is there an age limit, like under 1 yr sail free?  I'm not sure, been a while since I had babies in my family.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

Is this recent, when I booked my upcoming Oasis Sept. 5, '21,  I was told only one FCC can be used at a time.

I think they changed the rule in the last couple of months.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

They did have a kids sail free promotion in the last couple of months, I'm sure they will have another in the near future.

Any chance newborn babies sail free?  Is there an age limit, like under 1 yr sail free?  I'm not sure, been a while since I had babies in my family.

Unless there is a promotion kids, regardless if she pay the 3/4 guest rate. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...