Future Cruise Credits Question

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

Wow, was it that long ago.  Time flies when you're having fun!

I catch myself all the time thinking something wasn’t that long ago and when I go back and check it actually was.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Garyjames220 said:

Hopefully a offer will come out soon then 

Like I stated before, I don't think you will see KSF offered for the foreseeable future.  Operating at reduced capacity couple with a ton of FCC's that need to be used up they will not need to offer the KSF

16 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Like I stated before, I don't think you will see KSF offered for the foreseeable future.  Operating at reduced capacity couple with a ton of FCC's that need to be used up they will not need to offer the KSF

I think you could be right. I am looking at other cruise lines and they seem to have much better offers than what royal does

I called royal up and they said I would be able to use my FCC on our twins even though they weren’t on the original booking. So at least that’s something 

58 minutes ago, Garyjames220 said:

I think you could be right. I am looking at other cruise lines and they seem to have much better offers than what royal does

I called royal up and they said I would be able to use my FCC on our twins even though they weren’t on the original booking. So at least that’s something 

Great to hear that they made an exception. 

19 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Any leftover amount will now hove their own FCC number. You need to wait until they are reissued. 

We just received our FCCs for our canceled Odyssey cruise.   We have 2 cruises booked and want to spreed them over the 2 cruises.  One full one for one cruise and the second FCC to pay off the balance on both cruises.  The issue is that the FCC email said you could not apply the balance until the first sailing in concluded.  Both sailings are between May and August 2022, so it will be too late to apply for the second cruise if we have to wait until after the first cruise.  

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

The issue is that the FCC email said you could not apply the balance until the first sailing in concluded

Typical Royal...the e mail has not been updated to reflect the new process that was started in February

Remaining Balance FCCs:

Enhancements have been made to the existing FCC process where any balance remaining on an FCC no longer has to await the return of the existing cruise vacation before applying the balance to a future/new reservation. That means the same FCC can now be redeemed on 2 active bookings! Once a portion of the FCC is applied to a reservation, the remaining balance FCC will be generated and, in turn, sent to your client for use as they wish. 
Edited by Ourusualbeach

On 4/8/2021 at 4:52 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

I have no direct knowledge of that but it is my opinion that they will.  My guess is a new expiry date of Dec 30, 2022

Just opened my e-mail from RCL and Cruise with Confidence Certificates are listed with an expiry date of April 30, 2022 and sail by September 30, 2022.   This really sucks as there is so much uncertainty.  Also, one of the stipulation is that only the individual named can use the certificate.

• Future Cruise Credits are per person, per booking, and valid only for the person noted above. FCCs are redeemable towards cruise fare only and are not valid on Complimentary cruises, Incentive bookings, and Charter sailings.

2 hours ago, nelblu said:

Just opened my e-mail from RCL and Cruise with Confidence Certificates are listed with an expiry date of April 30, 2022 and sail by September 30, 2022.   This really sucks as there is so much uncertainty.  Also, one of the stipulation is that only the individual named can use the certificate.

• Future Cruise Credits are per person, per booking, and valid only for the person noted above. FCCs are redeemable towards cruise fare only and are not valid on Complimentary cruises, Incentive bookings, and Charter sailings.

If one guest has excess FCC after applying it  to their fare the excess can be used for another guest as long as that guest was on the original reservation from where the FCC was issued. 

see post 19.  I have done this several times. 

9 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If one guest has excess FCC after applying it  to their fare the excess can be used for another guest as long as that guest was on the original reservation from where the FCC was issued. 

see post 19.  I have done this several times. 

I guess, what is written is not always the case.  From your experience, any chance that the sail date can be extended or will RCL be flexible to apply FCCs to sails in 2023.  

26 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I guess, what is written is not always the case.  From your experience, any chance that the sail date can be extended or will RCL be flexible to apply FCCs to sails in 2023.  

Royal is just bad at making sure that whenever they change a policy that the language gets updated in all places

my guess is that the sail by date will be extended and the next extension would go to Dec 30, 2022.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Royal is just bad at making sure that whenever they change a policy that the language gets updated in all places

my guess is that the sail by date will be extended and the next extension would go to Dec 30, 2022.  

Thanks, as I'm concerned that based on one of the present threads, if true, there will be no sailings from Bayonne until the 2ndQ '22, and I have a sail for Easter '22 on Anthem.  Don't want to accumulate any more FCCs with a short expiry date.

20 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Typical Royal...the e mail has not been updated to reflect the new process that was started in February

Remaining Balance FCCs:

Enhancements have been made to the existing FCC process where any balance remaining on an FCC no longer has to await the return of the existing cruise vacation before applying the balance to a future/new reservation. That means the same FCC can now be redeemed on 2 active bookings! Once a portion of the FCC is applied to a reservation, the remaining balance FCC will be generated and, in turn, sent to your client for use as they wish. 

Thank you 

• Like 1

On 4/10/2021 at 7:06 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

Good Morning;  I would like  to first  for the info you have given on these boards. I  have been sailing with Royal since the nineties  but now with the Pandemic it's a different ballgame.   We have had 19 cruises cancelled since April 20 and have applied many FCC to cruises  that now have been cancelled in May , upcoming in July and Aug. Will they reissue new fcc's for the cancelled fcc's? I know if you have a old booking they can check for a fcc but in my case there were so many old bookings and new bookings it is hard to keep track of them. Do you know  if there is a Royal section that can give me a printout of those still existing?    Thanks in advance for any info.  Bob & Nancy

55 minutes ago, villager70 said:

Good Morning;  I would like  to first  for the info you have given on these boards. I  have been sailing with Royal since the nineties  but now with the Pandemic it's a different ballgame.   We have had 19 cruises cancelled since April 20 and have applied many FCC to cruises  that now have been cancelled in May , upcoming in July and Aug. Will they reissue new fcc's for the cancelled fcc's? I know if you have a old booking they can check for a fcc but in my case there were so many old bookings and new bookings it is hard to keep track of them. Do you know  if there is a Royal section that can give me a printout of those still existing?    Thanks in advance for any info.  Bob & Nancy

Just a guess.  If you used a TA, they should be able to give you that information.  I've maintained a spreadsheet not only of the FCCs amounts by passenger, but also any deposits.

PS. If you booked via a TA, RCL will simply refer you to them, based on my previous experience.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, villager70 said:

hanks Bob,  unfortunately there is no where that consumers can go to get a list of all their FCC's and TA's ca only access ones that were originally booked with them.

Even when they get reissued they can track them by the very first reservation number

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Thanks Ken.   I know they e mail you and notify if any are not used 30 days in advance. Brother in law got e mail yesterday on some  ending in April 21.  I ve just got  quite a few that have been applied ,cruise cancelled and reapplied and now canceling again.  all now are cash refunds   when possible & cwc  still fcc. Thanks again

• Like 1