Jump to content

Bermuda Escape Cruises - insights, information, and more just on Bermuda


CCWineLover
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

The Bermuda Authorization form comes from approval of the Government via email upon their review of your submitted form on line (in which you must carefully feel every question out successfully and upload the COVID test results and the vaccination proof).  This is the form that the many people have had a hard time getting due to errors and delays in the Government review/processing.

 

Note - we brought so much paper just in case - all forms, proofs, airlines docs, Viking docs, and more.  Certainly if we didn't have them with us, they would have asked for them - Murphy's Law I believe.  It's just that magical green document (as well as the actual airline boarding pass with your specific seat number) that were key (as well as the obvious passport).

 

You can go to the Authorization form submission website (published by Viking and also people on this site have posted it) and pretend to fill out a submission (which for real can only be done 1-3 days from arrival and with the correct documentation).  That at least will show you the types of questions you'll be asked - and make sure to fill everything in, even the "Not Applicable" ones.

What about the very first section-guardian travel application number and the very next "slot", Unaccompanied Minor?  I attached the area of the form in question ( at the very top of the form)

Capture.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, WanderingBrit said:

Sure-

https://docs.vikingcruises.com/pdf/14-210624-RestartPreCruiseRequirement-Bermuda-US.pdf

 

You'll find a link to this through "Pre Cruise Embarkation requirements" in My Viking Journey

 

Note that Bermuda requires a PCR test, not a rapid antigen test. We fly in on August 3rd.

 

See you on board 🙂

 

Kevin

 

 

Thank you!

 

Do you or anyone else know how it would work if we wanted to do a post-cruise stay at a hotel? I'm sorry if this sounds dumb.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, doggfan7 said:

Thank you!

 

Do you or anyone else know how it would work if we wanted to do a post-cruise stay at a hotel? I'm sorry if this sounds dumb.

According to Bermuda, all  non residents must be tested on day 4, 8 and 14 after arrival.  So I would call the hotel you want to stay at and  ask them about testing . You will have  saliva tests while on board. 

Ot there is also a FAQ on the Bermuda govt site about testing or the Bermuda Tourist site.

Good luck. Sounds  lovely to  do a cruise and then go to a hotel  for a couple of days.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some information from June 29th Bermuda Escape.

 

They are doing tour buses a bit different than prior Viking Cruises/Excursions.  On your excursion ticket, they assign & print the actual bus number on the ticket.  No more loading buses as people come off the gangway.  You go to a specific bus you were pre-assigned for.

This might be just Bermuda since the buses are not that big.

We are anchored off St. George's just now and will use the Bermuda Ferry's to tender in.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

June 29th Cruise Numbers:

I spoke last night with one of the staff, who let me know what the head counts are for this particular cruise.  Not too much different than the prior cruises, but getting fewer passengers missing the boat.

 

We have 408 passengers this cruise that were scheduled to be here.

377 actually made it on board, leaving 31 who missed for whatever reason.

 

The ship does an have strange feel of emptiness from what we are used to in the past.  It does mean that you can run into people who you've gotten to know, quite easily however!  And dinner reservations at last minute don't seem to be a problem.

 

They also have cancelled all "The Restaurant" reservations and are now operating under the old system of show up when you want to eat.

Edited by CCWineLover
  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jazmyn49 said:

Does Viking provide masks or do I need to bring my own?  

They have nice packages of Black masks, but we also brought our own.  With the heat, we wind up going through them faster.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, bafinegan said:

What about the very first section-guardian travel application number and the very next "slot", Unaccompanied Minor?  I attached the area of the form in question ( at the very top of the form)

Capture.PNG

Not sure why you're concerned with this part of the application. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, bafinegan said:

What about the very first section-guardian travel application number and the very next "slot", Unaccompanied Minor?  I attached the area of the form in question ( at the very top of the form)

Capture.PNG

I read advice elsewhere that suggested completing every field, even if only to enter "N/A"

 

Kevin

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, WanderingBrit said:

I read advice elsewhere that suggested completing every field, even if only to enter "N/A"

 

Kevin

 

But several of thoses drop down boxes don't have a "N/A" to choose.  It has a yes or no.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, MRGACRUZR said:

Not sure why you're concerned with this part of the application. 

Because of what another cruiser posted.  But thank you for your 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CCWineLover said:

June 29th Cruise Numbers:

I spoke last night with one of the staff, who let me know what the head counts are for this particular cruise.  Not too much different than the prior cruises, but getting fewer passengers missing the boat.

 

We have 408 passengers this cruise that were scheduled to be here.

377 actually made it on board, leaving 31 who missed for whatever reason.

 

The ship does an have strange feel of emptiness from what we are used to in the past.  It does mean that you can run into people who you've gotten to know, quite easily however!  And dinner reservations at last minute don't seem to be a problem.

 

They also have cancelled all "The Restaurant" reservations and are now operating under the old system of show up when you want to eat.

Thank you again for an update. Our July 13 cruise shows only 7 staterooms left. But if they are running at less than half capacity , it will feel like being on a smaller ship . But I will love it. Glad the Restaurant change back to old system . Hopefully I will be able to schedule a spa treatment once on board !

Enjoy St George !

Edited by Azulann
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, bafinegan said:

Because of what another cruiser posted.  But thank you for your 😁

Use your common sense.  That worked well for us.  The app will tell you if you have errors.  Just review all answers again before hitting submit.  On ours it change 1 or 2 no dots to yes.  Same thing happened to several others on our cruise.  So just recheck.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

Use your common sense.  That worked well for us.  The app will tell you if you have errors.  Just review all answers again before hitting submit.  On ours it change 1 or 2 no dots to yes.  Same thing happened to several others on our cruise.  So just recheck.

I totally remember that section but, since it didn't apply, we just skipped over it. No oroblem.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Interesting. From the Royal Gazette, there is dissatisfaction with the Travel Authorization Forms amongst the government...
"Later today, Mr Dunkley repeated calls for the abolition of the TAF.

He said: 'The OBA strongly believes the TAF is no longer required. While we support protecting our borders, recent history has shown widespread concern in the community due to the challenges faced by countless travellers in completing the form.

'The people of Bermuda are asking, and we echo their sentiments: who is this TAF actually benefiting? The health and safety of the island or the coffers of friends of the Progressive Labour Party Government?'”
https://www.royalgazette.com/health/news/article/20210702/travel-authorisation-forms-have-earned-government-5-4-million/

Edited by MarkBearSF
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking forward to our first trip to Bermuda.  What is the status of the St George stop?  I read where this stop was not possible for the first cruise.  We are on the 7/20 cruise and were just notified that the snorkel excursion is cancelled.  If the tenders are now available we can just wander our day and maybe find a beach.

 

Reviews on the first night catamaran sail?  Wondering if we will be processed by sailing time with our flight arriving at 2:30.

 

Any comments on the excursions that you have chosen?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sandybeachy said:

Looking forward to our first trip to Bermuda.  What is the status of the St George stop?  I read where this stop was not possible for the first cruise.  We are on the 7/20 cruise and were just notified that the snorkel excursion is cancelled.  If the tenders are now available we can just wander our day and maybe find a beach.

 

Reviews on the first night catamaran sail?  Wondering if we will be processed by sailing time with our flight arriving at 2:30.

 

Any comments on the excursions that you have chosen?

The 2nd and now 3rd cruise anchor off St George’s.  We are now on day 2 of anchoring.  We take a Bermuda catamaran ferry 20 minute ride to St George’s pier.  They run roughly every 99 minutes and I’d estimate they hold 150-200 people.  We only have 377 on board this June 29 cruise.  Easy fun ride also.

 

AC4ADB10-7790-4692-B5A3-0E3855414E43.thumb.jpeg.b5c26d55cd0388328cfb43f1f41c1da8.jpeg66A6CA65-EAE1-446F-824A-85D815F2C79D.thumb.jpeg.e25b525783a26ea6c17cde79f4c4f37c.jpeg

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CCWineLover said:

The 2nd and now 3rd cruise anchor off St George’s.  We are now on day 2 of anchoring.  We take a Bermuda catamaran ferry 20 minute ride to St George’s pier.  They run roughly every 99 minutes and I’d estimate they hold 150-200 people.  We only have 377 on board this June 29 cruise.  Easy fun ride also.

 

AC4ADB10-7790-4692-B5A3-0E3855414E43.thumb.jpeg.b5c26d55cd0388328cfb43f1f41c1da8.jpeg66A6CA65-EAE1-446F-824A-85D815F2C79D.thumb.jpeg.e25b525783a26ea6c17cde79f4c4f37c.jpeg

 

 

CCWineLover, thank you so much for your posts and advice!  We have completed the Bermuda Travel Authorization form so naught to do but wait … and pack!   We are so looking forward to our trip and will enjoy it all the more thanks to your taking the time to keep us informed!  Thanks!😊

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, sandybeachy said:

Looking forward to our first trip to Bermuda.  What is the status of the St George stop?  I read where this stop was not possible for the first cruise.  We are on the 7/20 cruise and were just notified that the snorkel excursion is cancelled.  If the tenders are now available we can just wander our day and maybe find a beach.

 

Reviews on the first night catamaran sail?  Wondering if we will be processed by sailing time with our flight arriving at 2:30.

 

Any comments on the excursions that you have chosen?

Our snorkeling trip was also cancelled we are disappointed on the 7/13 cruise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks so much to CCWinelover for all of the very helpful information.  We are on 7/27 sailing, had our Snorkel/Swim cancelled also, sadly.  It will all work out.  All of your posting have been very helpful.  Thanks! Enjoy your sailing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For the inaugural June 15 Bermuda cruisers ... you are one-in-a-million.

 

Armed with a crayon, a bar napkin, and eight fingers and two thumbs, we did some basic math.

 

There are 330+ ish million people in the United States.

There were 330+ ish passengers of this first Viking Bermuda cruise with U.S. passenger's.

So, without the expense of taking off our shoes and doing higher math....

 

That makes us one-in-a-million.

 

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

 

Happy Forth of July!

Cheers 😜👏🍸

 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, TxSunny said:

Thanks so much to CCWinelover for all of the very helpful information.  We are on 7/27 sailing, had our Snorkel/Swim cancelled also, sadly.  It will all work out.  All of your posting have been very helpful.  Thanks! Enjoy your sailing.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We are on the 7/6 departure and completed the Bermuda authorization form yesterday morning. We immediately received an email stating that our applications are pending. Twenty-four hours have elapsed. It would be helpful to know how soon we can expect the "green light."

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, lsuskybird said:

We are on the 7/6 departure and completed the Bermuda authorization form yesterday morning. We immediately received an email stating that our applications are pending. Twenty-four hours have elapsed. It would be helpful to know how soon we can expect the "green light."

 

Yes, I am waiting, too. Submitted at 8:30 yesterday and got the pending message. Checking my email every 20 minutes, lol. Wondering when I need to start calling and/or emailing. Kind of stressful.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, bobitegirl said:

Yes, I am waiting, too. Submitted at 8:30 yesterday and got the pending message. Checking my email every 20 minutes, lol. Wondering when I need to start calling and/or emailing. Kind of stressful.

 

Ha! Just got one (husband's). Hope I get to go, too, lol.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...