BUMMER: PORT AUTHORITY OF NY & NJ

13 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Done with first shot. Second due in a few days. Both my appointments are at the same CVS. Hubby's appointments are at different ones. The one I went to was very organized. I got a vaccination card (that everyone gets) and a paper with details of the shot, which arm, how much, reaction, next appointment etc. They asked if I want email or paper. No paper given to hubby, just the vaccination card. He asked the pharmacist if there ws an electronic record with the state and the  pharmacist said that they will be in some "list" but it will be a long time for any record to show up.

Believe me, I tried all avenues from hospitals, multiple counties and local jurisdictions.  I even tried the Atlantic City Convention Center (mega center) in conjunction with one of my monthly sojourns there.

My daughter who was helping me, was able to get me vaccine appointment at our Monmouth County facility.  When I went for my 1st shot I was one of about 50 people in line.  However, when I went for my 2nd, no one in line and went straight in after completing mostly insurance paperwork.  Was out in approximately 20 minutes including the customary 15 minutes of observations.

Funny, when I tell people that I've had my shots I feel like I'm talking about dogs and cats.🤪

• Haha 1

Maybe why we have never started a cruise from up there.  We had no problem at all getting our shots last month from Walmart, it took a while to figure out their system but once we were registered they made it pretty easypeasy.

Yesterday I was getting some cokes from the gas station and I only had a 10$ bill, as I was giving it to the cashier it dawned on me.....peeps are so scared of this virus, but they have no problem touching some of the dirtiest things on the planet when it comes to money! No spraying down of that bill!🤪

1 minute ago, BecciBoo said:

Yesterday I was getting some cokes from the gas station and I only had a 10$ bill, as I was giving it to the cashier it dawned on me.....peeps are so scared of this virus, but they have no problem touching some of the dirtiest things on the planet when it comes to money! No spraying down of that bill!🤪

No touchless payment system.😄😄

1 minute ago, BecciBoo said:

I have not used much cash for a year. All contactless except for the barber. No barbers here take credit cars.

6 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I have not used much cash for a year. All contactless except for the barber. No barbers here take credit cars.

Me also...but I didn't bring my purse with me and DH was using his cc to fill up the truck, so handed me the 10er.

2 hours ago, nelblu said:

Believe me, I tried all avenues from hospitals, multiple counties and local jurisdictions.  I even tried the Atlantic City Convention Center (mega center) in conjunction with one of my monthly sojourns there.

My daughter who was helping me, was able to get me vaccine appointment at our Monmouth County facility.  When I went for my 1st shot I was one of about 50 people in line.  However, when I went for my 2nd, no one in line and went straight in after completing mostly insurance paperwork.  Was out in approximately 20 minutes including the customary 15 minutes of observations.

Funny, when I tell people that I've had my shots I feel like I'm talking about dogs and cats.🤪

Very happy that you were able to get both of your shots.

2 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

I haven't seen many cashiers without gloves.

Toll takers have disgraceful stories about what miserable people have done to money before handing it over.

14 hours ago, mets123 said:

Does anyone know about the status of the 9 day New England/Canada cruises from Cape Liberty in the fall? I don't see any mention of them. 

I asked our TA and she said our late August cruise is "suspended" or "on hold" because RCL is still talking to the Canadian gov't. RCL says it isn't a cancelled but I'm not holding my breath that Canada will change their mind.

46 minutes ago, billslowsky said:

I haven't seen many cashiers without gloves.

Toll takers have disgraceful stories about what miserable people have done to money before handing it over.

Yeah, well this was a gas station in Arkansas, there were only 4 deaths in our whole county.

5 hours ago, nelblu said:

Believe me, not only the biggest Hospitals, multiple counties, local townships, etc. without success.  Even tried the Atlantic City Convention Center (mega center) in coordination with one of my sojourns there.  However, my daughter was successful to get me Moderna at a Monmouth County facility.  When I got my initial shot I was one of 50 in line.  Surprising, when I went for my second there was no one in line and after filling some documentation, eg Insurance, I went in and out in a matter of 20 minutes, after the customary 15 minutes of observation.

So in essence, I got all of my shots and sometimes when I tell some of my friends I feel like a dog or a cat with their shots.🤪 

In early Feb. I constantly searched for appts in north Jersey with no success.  Then a friend told me that  the Hackensack University hospital system opens up an additional day of appts for their locations throughout NJ every night at midnight.  Went online at midnight and sure enough, lots of available appts across the state.  Easily booked my family and told all my friends.

27 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

In early Feb. I constantly searched for appts in north Jersey with no success.  Then a friend told me that  the Hackensack University hospital system opens up an additional day of appts for their locations throughout NJ every night at midnight.  Went online at midnight and sure enough, lots of available appts across the state.  Easily booked my family and told all my friends.

This is also the case at may sites in NYC.  They load the new appointments together at midnight.

3 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Very happy that you were able to get both of your shots.

Yes, especially with the frustration of navigating the various websites and their inane questions

I'm going for a covid test this week as I'm getting cataract operations.  One of the questions that I found funny/unusual but normal in this current climate, is in addition to gender type, etc. it also asked what gender type I was born.  

1 minute ago, nelblu said:

Yes, especially with the frustration of navigating the various websites and their inane questions

I'm going for a covid test this week as I'm getting cataract operations.  One of the questions that I found funny/unusual but normal in this current climate, is in addition to gender type, etc. it also asked what gender type I was born.  

Funny but very sad. It should be gender at birth PERIOD. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Believe me I tried the entire Hackensack Meridien Hospital chain with no success.  A friend of mine told me to go to the Monmouth County web site a few minutes after midnight and you'll get an appointment.  Well that night I set the alarm for 12:05 and get on my trusty computer and log into the website--guess what--no luck.  Couldn't even get to list my name down.

Tried a couple of times and simply gave up.

Also, tried as I heard if you wait till closing times at certain location and if there no shows, you may get the vaccine--no such luck.

3 hours ago, Traveling Library said:

I asked our TA and she said our late August cruise is "suspended" or "on hold" because RCL is still talking to the Canadian gov't. RCL says it isn't a cancelled but I'm not holding my breath that Canada will change their mind.

I'm glad you're not holding your breath, sincerely.
We have a vaxx supply problem.
We're stretching doses out 4 months in between, not 21 days/28 days/whatever manufactured rec'd - and so the 1st doses MAY (please, not a political or medical comment so don't jump on me) need to be taken again.
Our airports still have the quarantine hotels on speed dial.
Ontario just went with another month long "stay at home" order and today closed the schools again.
We may even be mid-election at that point.

It's not very rosy up here to the point I'm not even sure we'll open the border in time for our Nov outta Florida. *sigh*

2 hours ago, nelblu said:

LOL! That is asking for too much info!

Best of luck with your surgery.

59 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

I'm glad you're not holding your breath, sincerely.
We have a vaxx supply problem.
We're stretching doses out 4 months in between, not 21 days/28 days/whatever manufactured rec'd - and so the 1st doses MAY (please, not a political or medical comment so don't jump on me) need to be taken again.
Our airports still have the quarantine hotels on speed dial.
Ontario just went with another month long "stay at home" order and today closed the schools again.
We may even be mid-election at that point.

It's not very rosy up here to the point I'm not even sure we'll open the border in time for our Nov outta Florida. *sigh*

Sending prayers and best wishes to all Candian Cousins.

• Like 1