Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

Your answer is ... many people don't have a pool in Florida.

Nor in the UK! The nearest we get to a pool when not on vacation is the duck pond at the local park 😁

Edited by CaroleC
1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

Your answer is ... many people don't have a pool in Florida.

We didn't either...until the pandemic hit and cruising stopped. Then we bought a hot tub, a clam shell, a few deck chairs and a few market umbrellas, and constructed our own pool deck. 😃

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Cutting the ships in half?  😉 

That ship was cut in half for that section to be added.  Lido decks are good parts of the ship if done right.  There is no problem sitting on that one for several hours during the day relaxing.

Thanks for the great info everyone! I should have clarified that we no longer have little ones. Now they are all grown and will be sitting with us and we will not be at the family pool! I am gong to look into the Enchantment! Thanks again!

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, florida eagle said:

That ship was cut in half for that section to be added.  Lido decks are good parts of the ship if done right.  There is no problem sitting on that one for several hours during the day relaxing.

Umm yeah, read my post #12 and #21.  😉   My post was a joke about the mention that "every ship should make that upgrade"....but RCI has only cut the one in half...not going to cut them all in half to "make that upgrade".   Didn't pan out $$. 

Edited by island lady

The big pool bar.  MIL in red and white shirt walking by someone at the bar in matching shorts. Took her at age 80 on her first cruise on Enchantment and she told all who would listen how awesome it was.

image.png.8f73aca63a5d5b8148becaaa2750f98d.png

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Umm yeah, read my post #12 and #21.  😉   My post was a joke about the mention that "every ship should make that upgrade"....but RCI has only cut the one in half...not going to cut them all in half to "make that upgrade".   Didn't pan out $$. 

Song of Norway was stretched in 1977/1978.

17 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Song of Norway was stretched in 1977/1978.

Interesting...did not know that.  

But indeed Enchantment was the last one they did and won't be doing another.  Not enough return on the $$ to do it again, as I was told by officer on the ship.  

28 minutes ago, island lady said:

Interesting...did not know that.  

But indeed Enchantment was the last one they did and won't be doing another.  Not enough return on the $$ to do it again, as I was told by officer on the ship.  

Too bad, would love to see Oasis class get stretched. 🤣