After discussing it with DW (of course) we decided to book a suite on Carnival Glory to celebrate our 30th anniversary. While our anniversary is in the summer of 2022 we won't be sailing until April of 2023. I don't think that we've ever had 3 cruises booked at the same time, but reduced deposits help out with that. We celebrated our 25th anniversary in an extended balcony cabin on Glory in 2017. I just hope that she doesn't get too addicted to suites. We'll be in 7274. Any tips for fully enjoying the suite life are welcome and the burning question- is the tub big enough for 2 people?

2 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

After discussing it with DW (of course) we decided to book a suite on Carnival Glory to celebrate our 30th anniversary. While our anniversary is in the summer of 2022 we won't be sailing until April of 2023. I don't think that we've ever had 3 cruises booked at the same time, but reduced deposits help out with that. We celebrated our 25th anniversary in an extended balcony cabin on Glory in 2017. I just hope that she doesn't get too addicted to suites. We'll be in 7274. Any tips for fully enjoying the suite life are welcome and the burning question- is the tub big enough for 2 people?

Is the tub big enough to 2?  Standing:  maybe.  Otherwise... no.

The only things I really valued in the suite we had on the Pride:

-The VIP waiting area for our delayed departure

-The included FTTF
-The little divided area with a door that I could use as an office after the family went to bed.

5 minutes ago, jfunk138 said:

-The included FTTF
-The little divided area with a door that I could use as an office after the family went to bed.

Thank you, that is what I discerned from the pictures. A waiting area sounds nice and I'm sure DW will appreciate me not being right in the cabin first thing in the morning.

Congrats! I don't know if every ship is set the same but the larger balcony is nice and on lucky trips I've had a lounger out there for laying around. It's nice having the extra room as well and the bathroom is quite a bit larger which is always nice- double sinks too! Mostly, like the other poster, it was nice to board early and have a lounge in the port terminal to wait in. I think you'll really like it- it definitely makes you feel special during the trip!

7 hours ago, Jasonsterling said:

Congrats! I don't know if every ship is set the same but the larger balcony is nice and on lucky trips I've had a lounger out there for laying around. It's nice having the extra room as well and the bathroom is quite a bit larger which is always nice- double sinks too! Mostly, like the other poster, it was nice to board early and have a lounge in the port terminal to wait in. I think you'll really like it- it definitely makes you feel special during the trip!

We are looking forward to that extra space on the balcony. As I recall we had a lounger on our extended balcony on Glory so it's what I would expect on a suite balcony. Extra room in the bathroom will be nice, too. We get to see a couple of different ports on this trip, including the departure port of New Orleans. If we can swing it we'll fly in the Friday before the cruise and have Saturday to see some sights.

Congratulations and hope you really enjoy. You know I am a frugal Cruiser and only sail in the inside cabins. Who knows on my next Anniversary we might splurge a bit (probably won't be a suite).

Sea You On The Seas!!  

1 hour ago, jetsfan58 said:

Congratulations and hope you really enjoy. You know I am a frugal Cruiser and only sail in the inside cabins. Who knows on my next Anniversary we might splurge a bit (probably won't be a suite).

Sea You On The Seas!!  

I've done several inside rooms as well and honestly I'm in the room so little that it bothers me not at all- any cruise is a good cruise, lol. When I've done a suite it's at the behest of traveling companions. It's nice but not being in one would never stop me from hitting the water. 😄

3 minutes ago, Jasonsterling said:

I've done several inside rooms as well and honestly I'm in the room so little that it bothers me not at all- any cruise is a good cruise, lol. When I've done a suite it's at the behest of traveling companions. It's nice but not being in one would never stop me from hitting the water. 😄

We just save the extra money for the next cruise.

Posted (edited)

Congratulations on your 30th anniversary! I truly hope that you enjoy your suite!

Even though the "Suite Life" on Carnival is somewhat limited (extra square footage and having access to the VIP lounge on embarkation), it's still very nice to have a suite, specially for a special occasion. It's definitely enjoyable to arrive early at the port, have a dedicated check-in area, and proceed onboard and straight to your suite without having to wait. So the best tip I can give you is to arrive early to take advantage of that.

About become "addicted" to suites, I personally didn't find it hard to go back to a standard stateroom after sailing on a suite on Carnival. Besides a fleeting thought, I adjusted well back to more "meager" accommodations, LOL. But I did find it hard to go back on other cruise lines where the "Suite Life" comes with an impressive and extensive list of suite perks and where you truly feel pampered. Some of those perks can be reeeeeeally addictive. 

Edited by Tapi
18 minutes ago, Tapi said:

Congratulations on your 30th anniversary! I truly hope that you enjoy your suite!

Even though the "Suite Life" on Carnival is somewhat limited (extra square footage and having access to the VIP lounge on embarkation), it's still very nice to have a suite, specially for a special occasion. It's definitely enjoyable to arrive early at the port, have a dedicated check-in area, and proceed onboard and straight to your suite without having to wait. So the best tip I can give you is to arrive early to take advantage of that.

About become "addicted" to suites, I personally didn't find it hard to go back to a standard stateroom after sailing on a suite on Carnival. Besides a fleeting thought, I adjusted well back to more "meager" accommodations, LOL. But I did find it hard to go back on other cruise lines where the "Suite Life" comes with an impressive and extensive list of suite perks and where you truly feel pampered. Some of those perks can be reeeeeeally addictive. 

Yes, I know that NCL has the best suite perks around (or at least they did, back when we still sailed with them) but I doubt I could snag a suite on any NCL ship for 7 days for $2800 for two. 🙂

2 hours ago, Jasonsterling said:

We do enjoy the coffee or the cocktail on our balcony. I am the frugal one that would sail an inside in a minute but DW insists on at least a balcony.

41 minutes ago, Tapi said:

Not sure I’d book a suite again on Carnival. The perks really aren’t there and I didn’t find the room to be anything special. Other cruise lines seem to handle these accommodations better. Between that and land based upgrades, I’d say I was very underwhelmed. 

25 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

We do enjoy the coffee or the cocktail on our balcony. I am the frugal one that would sail an inside in a minute but DW insists on at least a balcony.

Ha ha- same here, the balcony is always great for coffee and light breakfast as well but I'd take a spare bunk on the crew level truth be told if that's what it came to. 

33 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

but I doubt I could snag a suite on any NCL ship for 7 days for $2800 for two. 🙂

Add price as one of the suite perks on Carnival! Hard (or nearly impossible) to find accommodations with the word "suite" on any other cruise line at Carnival prices! 

10 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Not sure I’d book a suite again on Carnival. The perks really aren’t there and I didn’t find the room to be anything special. 

I hear ya. The main reason for me to book a suite on Carnival would be for the extra space, which can be heaven sent when traveling as a family. In fact, we have an OS suite on the Carnival Pride for our upcoming Panama Canal cruise for that same reason. We have a bunch of sea days on that itinerary, including the day that we transit the canal, so I know that we will spend much more time than usual in our stateroom. 

Even though the suite perks on Carnival are lacking, it's nice to have the ability to book a suite on Carnival for the purpose of getting extra space without having to pay real suite prices. 

22 hours ago, jfunk138 said:

-The included FTTF

Just to clarify, suites DO NOT include FTTF. If you want FTTF you have to purchase that separately. We always purchase FTTF with our suites so that way we can go straight to our cabin when we embark. Otherwise you have to wait until 1:30 like everyone else. We also like the priority line at guest services and priority luggage delivery, something you do not get with a suite unless you purchase FTTF.

22 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

Just to clarify, suites DO NOT include FTTF. If you want FTTF you have to purchase that separately. We always purchase FTTF with our suites so that way we can go straight to our cabin when we embark. Otherwise you have to wait until 1:30 like everyone else. We also like the priority line at guest services and priority luggage delivery, something you do not get with a suite unless you purchase FTTF.

Priority embarkation, debarkation, and tendering are included.  And they do mark bags with suite tags and deliver them through some expedited process.  Though its true the rooms are not first to open unless you add on the full FTTF.  I definitely would not bother with FTTF on top of a suite purchase.

4 minutes ago, jfunk138 said:

Priority embarkation, debarkation, and tendering are included.  And they do mark bags with suite tags and deliver them through some expedited process.  Though its true the rooms are not first to open unless you add on the full FTTF.  I definitely would not bother with FTTF on top of a suite purchase.

FTTF is not for everyone (see the 9,083,987,432 threads about "is FTTF worth it?") however for us, it is. We like to embark early (which suites embark before FTTF guests) and head straight to our cabin. I don't want to embark early and have to carry my luggage & cases of soda around), We want to go unpack and be settled in before half of the pax have even made it to the terminal. That way we can grab lunch and relax. 

Then on the last night of our cruise, I go to guest services and pay our balance with gift cards and I don't want to stand behind the eleventy bazillion people that are in line at guest services to dispute that $0.85 charge they can't figure out. It's quick and easy with the dedicated line. So for us, FTTF is worth it to us even when we have our suites. 

As far as luggage being marked, you may have just been lucky with that because priority luggage is not a perk with suites. 

1 hour ago, sparks1093 said:

Yes, I know that NCL has the best suite perks around (or at least they did, back when we still sailed with them) but I doubt I could snag a suite on any NCL ship for 7 days for $2800 for two. 🙂

Proves that our beloved Carnival still provides the most economical and affordable vacation experience.

2 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

Hahahaha happy wife happy life lol

Splurge you have a reason to a very good reason.

IMO, the suite itself is really nice.  You have a lot more space and extra space on the balcony.  But we did not like being right over the lifeboats.  Minor trade off I guess.  Enjoy!  Happy 30th Anniversary!