Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, HxFx said:

I don't remember any of my vaccines in the military being a bad experience but I did get my arm butchered one time when blood was drawn (and I have been complimented on my easy access veins many times😄!) It has definitely made me apprehensive of needles since. That being said, I just got back and they were extremely organized and efficient! 

You might want an extra blanket, I did get chills in the middle of the night about 12 hours after the vaccination, I kept ignoring it until I reawakened with teeth chattering.  Last night wasn't the best experience after a great yesterday, but after I put the blanket on I think the rest of the night went fine.  And today is warm with low humidity so I've spent a lot of wonderful time gardening, having lunch out with my daughter, and walking the dog.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's so awesome seeing so many getting vaccinated!  As a nurse, I got mine back in January.  Got the first dose of Moderna, and proved the science that two doses are needed by getting Covid 10 days later.  I'm just lucky like that!  Doc said to go for it on the second dose, I think mostly just because they weren't very available back then, and whew...that was a doozy.  I was pretty sick for a day.  Definitely would do it again though!  My shot card is tucked safely in my passport book!

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TooManyWakeUpsTilWeSail said:

Sorry but that’s a bad idea & I am progressive on many topics.  Make it easily available & accessible.  I would say mandate time off from work but the largest vaccination site near me already runs 8am-6pm 7 days a week & is open to anyone 18 & over.  

I agree the $50 is too little. We should give everyone a nice chunk of the $2.4 trillion Biden is handing out! Call it vaccine infrastructure. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stallion said:

United States reported 4.6 Million vaccinations in last day-destroying the old record. 3-3.5 Million a day adds up quickly over the next few months

 

COVID Shot Count

I got jabbed - but I think the point is at some point they will run out of arms of people willing to take it and then the issue of how to pay/convince/force people to take will come out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was one of the unlucky ones. 

 

My first Pfizer shot felt like someone sticking a glowing hot needle in my arm.  A few minutes later my arm went numb and that lasted a couple of hours.  The nurses didn't seem concerned about it.

 

After my second shot, I woke up in the wee hours of the morning drenched in sweat, with chills, fever, and vomiting.  I felt ill for 3 or 4 days.

 

Totally worth it if it gets me on our January 2022 cruise!  lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think as time goes on, many people who said they would never get the vaccine may feel comfortable enough about the safety that they will get it.  I know a couple of people who were dead set against getting it because they didn't feel comfortable with a new vaccine, but they got their first  Pfizer dose last week.  Even my mom got the vaccine.  She was so afraid of an allergic reaction because she does have some allergies to certain medications. She did develop a rash, but is fine now.  My mom got the J&J so she wouldn't have to deal with a second dose and possible reaction.

A bribe might get certain people to get the vaccine, but the reasons people are not getting it are mostly based on people who aren't afraid of getting covid or people who are concerned about possible health implications of the vaccines.  I think people will feel more comfortable with the vaccines in the next few months.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

You might want an extra blanket, I did get chills in the middle of the night about 12 hours after the vaccination, I kept ignoring it until I reawakened with teeth chattering.  Last night wasn't the best experience after a great yesterday, but after I put the blanket on I think the rest of the night went fine.  And today is warm with low humidity so I've spent a lot of wonderful time gardening, having lunch out with my daughter, and walking the dog.

I woke up a little after midnight (about 12 hours after shot) with a low grade fever and a headache. I woke up several times throughout the night and drank a bunch of water. When I woke up this morning I took some medicine and feel okay now. Not sure how much of the headache was allergies vs. the shot but the fever felt related to the shot. After a hot shower my arm feels better too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, HxFx said:

I woke up a little after midnight (about 12 hours after shot) with a low grade fever and a headache. I woke up several times throughout the night and drank a bunch of water. When I woke up this morning I took some medicine and feel okay now. Not sure how much of the headache was allergies vs. the shot but the fever felt related to the shot. After a hot shower my arm feels better too.

Day 2, Night 2 and morning 3 are all back to normal.  😃

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LoungingMcCoy said:

I was one of the unlucky ones. 

 

My first Pfizer shot felt like someone sticking a glowing hot needle in my arm.  A few minutes later my arm went numb and that lasted a couple of hours.  The nurses didn't seem concerned about it.

 

After my second shot, I woke up in the wee hours of the morning drenched in sweat, with chills, fever, and vomiting.  I felt ill for 3 or 4 days.

 

Totally worth it if it gets me on our January 2022 cruise!  lol

My sister-in-law had almost the same experience, without the arm numbness with her Pfizer.  First shot = migraine, vomiting, muscle aches and pains within 6 hours of vaccine.  2nd shot was same as your experience, without vomiting.  3 days in bed - said it felt like the worst flu ever.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Moderna here.  First shot no reaction.  My arm wasn't even sore.  Second shot, arm a tiny bit sore at injection point, but only if I touched it.  Second day a feeling of fatigue and loss of appetite, but no fever,  aches, or pains.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Prismism said:

I believe everyone has the right to choose for themselves what's best for them and their bodies. With that being said, I would never pull up to a stranger in my car and have them inject me with some unidentifiable liquid. That just sounds like madness to me. 

 

I completely agree everyone has a right to choose whether to get the vaccinations.

 

I go even farther in believing every cruise line and every country has the right to choose whether to allow passage on their ships or entry into their country.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Within our little circle of traveling friends , the last couple  got their second jab. Friday april 9th. One reported some body aches that lasted 12 hrs , all gone by sat evening. Non of our group reported anything serious , most had Pfizer.

WE are all waiting for their 14 day and we have 6 couples scheduled for a check in at a local beach resort .

first time for all of US since this virus hit us .

light at the end of tunnel continues to get brighter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bitemyfly said:

Within our little circle of traveling friends , the last couple  got their second jab. Friday april 9th. One reported some body aches that lasted 12 hrs , all gone by sat evening. Non of our group reported anything serious , most had Pfizer.

WE are all waiting for their 14 day and we have 6 couples scheduled for a check in at a local beach resort .

first time for all of US since this virus hit us .

light at the end of tunnel continues to get brighter.

 

Awesome! We have several, what I like to call "vaccine parties/socials" scheduled over the next few weeks as well. Vaccinated folks are eager to get out and get some social interaction time in. Hope you have a great beach trip!   

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got the shot! Been over 24 hours since getting the Jansen/J&J single dose shot yesterday. Happy to say it was totally painless and zero side effects. Was a little leery prior to that due to reports of fainting in North Carolina related to the Jannssen vaccine. Even passed on a weekday appointment a week ago so I could schedule for a Saturday in case I had to deal with any side effects.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone tell me the probability of someone getting fatally sick on a vaccinated cruise.

 

99% survival rate pre vaccination.

Vaccines 75-95% effective against contracting covid. 

 

So what's the actual % chance of someone dying from covid onboard a vaccinated cruise??

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

By the time a patient contracts the virus I would expect they would die after the cruise. The bigger problem Is nobody wants to see an outbreak aboard a ship and return to port expecting to offload an untold number of infected pax.

sorry, I see you said vaccinated cruise. Natives in all the cruiseports visited may not have access to vaccines like we do. Unknown about much chance of spread if vaccinated pax become infected.

Edited by mondello
Correction/addition
Link to post
Share on other sites

Get our second shot on Tuesday

That first was given by an LVN student not much confidence and the next day felt like i got tagged

Since i wasnt too good a giving shots in the beginning i wonder how many arms i left hurting😬 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Vaccinated and ready to cruise!!!

First Moderna shot left me with a sore arm the next day,

Second shot left me with chills the next day but the ibuprofen kicked in after 30 minutes and all was well!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Azamara - We are back with New Greece Voyages
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...