I booked flights on Air2Seas for our upcoming sailing on Adventure.

It's my first time booking flights with Royal directly, since like the 1990's.

How do seat assignments work?

I am a picky person about wear I sit on the plane, I always pay extra for the exit row or seats up front with more legroom.    Can I do that with Air2Sea, or am I stuck with wherever Royal's pre-selected seats are?

If the Air2Sea bookings are fully paid for, and the airlines issue legal tickets, then you should be able to reserve seats on the airline website. If neither of the above are so, then you generally can not reserve seats.

1 minute ago, NavArch64 said:

If the Air2Sea bookings are fully paid for, and the airlines issue legal tickets, then you should be able to reserve seats on the airline website. If neither of the above are so, then you generally can not reserve seats.

Lots of people have reported being able to select seats before having paid for the flight.  It totally depends on the airline. 

We booked JetBlue through Air2Sea for our June Adventure cruise and after receiving our confirmation email, we were able to call JetBlue and get seats assigned and pay for our checked bags. Talked to Air2Sea this afternoon about our July cruise, flying on BahamasAir and they said I can call back 60 days pre-cruise to get seat assignments. 

My reservation already is showing on my American AAdvantage account, but the option for seats isn't there....  it's grayed out.

I just bought and paid for tickets this afternoon, so I'll wait until tomorrow and hopefully it will pop up without me having to call Royal. 

Thanks so much!

1 hour ago, NavArch64 said:

Most airlines will let you reserve the seat without full payment with air2sea.   I just did it in the last week or two with United airlines that i booked thru air2sea and final payment isn't due till November.     American airlines is one that usually won't let you reserve the seat but you can ask Air2sea to reserve your preferred seat.  

11 minutes ago, RCCL Fan said:

My reservation already is showing on my American AAdvantage account, but the option for seats isn't there....  it's grayed out.

I just bought and paid for tickets this afternoon, so I'll wait until tomorrow and hopefully it will pop up without me having to call Royal. 

Thanks so much!

As you already made final payment you should be fine with reserving your seat with AA, but like you said give it a day to go thru the system with air2sea to AA.    You should be able to select seats tomorrow.   If not, then call A2Sea.

They are always very helpful.    

2 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

The ability to choose seats sometimes depends on the kind of fare purchased - some really cheap rates don't allow seat selection.

I also am very picky about seats. Have had no problem picking my seats with first/business class at the time I make the booking with the cruiseline...paid for or not. Also can change seats directly on the carrier's website.

My Air2Sea flights in first on American show as "pending ticket", but our seats have already been assigned.  However, I can not yet change them, even if I wanted to.

8 minutes ago, HUNKY said:

My Air2Sea flights in first on American show as "pending ticket", but our seats have already been assigned.  However, I can not yet change them, even if I wanted to.

We too had our Air2Sea American economy seats auto-selected.  From our prospective they were some of the worst seats on the plane.  We called American and we were told Air2Sea needed to request the seat change.  We called Air2Sea and were helped by a super efficient agent who got our seats switched in 2 minutes.  EZPZ

5 hours ago, molly361 said:

Never mind

Just wondered do you have about 10,000 of your 20,000 posts just like this one................:)

For Barbados and Nassau the A2S agent could assign me seats. 

They were visible under my AA account and showed "pending" with the seat assignments that I requested on the phone with the A2S agent but I couldn't view a seat map or change the assigned seats.

None the less I had the seats I wanted for the aircraft type.

Former frequent flyer so I understand all too well the desire for specific seats.

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Just wondered do you have about 10,000 of your 20,000 posts just like this one................:)

I couldn't find the website for Air2Sea and was asking for it but then I found it and deleted my question

6 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I couldn't find the website for Air2Sea and was asking for it but then I found it and deleted my question

Google search is your friend.

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Google search is your friend.

You'd think that Royal Caribbean might actually make it easier to find things like links to book air travel for your cruise sailing. But then, they seem to find it difficult even to provide a link to make final payment on a booking that doesn't require you re-enter all the info about the sailing that was displayed on the page where you click the link to make payment.

🙂

so i dont open another thread

In the past ive been able to do dummy bookings on cruises 

Now checking a few European cruises and a couple TA's for next year

When I check it says

There are no flights for input parameters correlationID:

Any ideas? Too far out?

40 minutes ago, jonbgd said:

so i dont open another thread

In the past ive been able to do dummy bookings on cruises 

Now checking a few European cruises and a couple TA's for next year

When I check it says

There are no flights for input parameters correlationID:

Any ideas? Too far out?

You can normally only book ~330 days in advance.

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

You can normally only book ~330 days in advance.

Also worth noting for those that search for premium economy, business class or first class is that some airlines don't have a premium economy booking category but instead sell economy and you upgrade your seat separately, so those options won't appear at all when you pick premium economy. And there's usually not a business class for US flights so when you pick such a thing for US departure and arrival segments, you also may not see anything; you need to pick first class. But when you pick first class on international flights, you'll get the supremely high priced first class and not the business class you probably expect/want.

In other words, the booking system online via Air2Sea is vary archaic and leaves a whole lot to the person searching to figure out. If you're not comfortable "knowing" this level of detail, best to call Air2Sea and let them help. 🙂

1 hour ago, dswallow said:

In other words, the booking system online via Air2Sea is vary archaic and leaves a whole lot to the person searching to figure out. If you're not comfortable "knowing" this level of detail, best to call Air2Sea and let them help. 🙂

Thanks for sharing. I noticed when looking for flights to Nasssu for the Adventure sailings and to Barbados for the Grandeur sailings, no selections appear when searching for first/business class.

I like booking Air2Sea for flights outside the US, but their system is archaic as you stated. Many times the best options are to book two one-ways in order to secure desired departure times when leaving home and disembarking the ship. Some of their combo departure/return options are too early - especially when leaving the ship - and connecting times are too short; i.e. 35 min to change plans at O'Hare!

I like traveling relaxed and not rushing off the ship to catch a very early flight or running tween airport terminals to make a tight connection!

"But when you pick first class on international flights, you'll get the supremely high priced first class and not the business class you probably expect/want."

I've found that booking flights thru Holland America, their international first class are often much less than buying directly from the airlines.  In 2017, almost 60% less.