Air2Sea Seats

Perhaps I got the wrong agent.....

When I called Air2Sea, asking to purchase "Main Cabin Extra" seats for my crew, I was told no.

I was told my ticket shows "pending" because it has not yet been issued and that won't happen until about 30 days prior to cruise. 

I said, well the seats I want may be gone by then.   I was told "Sorry"

Maybe I'll try again.

19 minutes ago, RCCL Fan said:

Perhaps I got the wrong agent.....

When I called Air2Sea, asking to purchase "Main Cabin Extra" seats for my crew, I was told no.

I was told my ticket shows "pending" because it has not yet been issued and that won't happen until about 30 days prior to cruise. 

I said, well the seats I want may be gone by then.   I was told "Sorry"

Maybe I'll try again.

I have had similar bad luck with choosing seats.  I couldn't even reserve First Class for our trip from MIA-BGI.  I only had a choice of coach and could not choose seats...and if I try and go online to AA I also see "pending" as status and cannot choose seats.  I will probably end up booking on my own once the itins for our 20 Feb 2022 are released and cancelling the A2S rezzies.  At least I have SOMEthing for now.

I actually checked AA.com again today while on hold with Air2Sea and the ability to book seats was there and I was able to get what I wanted.   Guess it just took 2-3 days to pop up fully.    Better than 45 I was told I'd have to wait.

I guess patience is the key 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

I actually checked AA.com again today while on hold with Air2Sea and the ability to book seats was there and I was able to get what I wanted.   Guess it just took 2-3 days to pop up fully.    Better than 45 I was told I'd have to wait.

I guess patience is the key 

I should have read through the end of the thread. I'm on the phone with Air2Sea now. Thankfully, the agent has been able to book my preferred seats. One more thing checked off my list! Getting more and more excited!

What a timely thread for me. I tried to book a Caribbean cruise today in the UK for next Jan on the Grandeur of the Seas and I found it impossible to add flights.  Yet,  when using a well known ‘Eskimo house’ travel agency I could..! Is this normal as I’m sure I’ve booked a flight through the UK Royal Caribbean site in the past?

On 4/11/2021 at 6:44 PM, devonuk said:

What a timely thread for me. I tried to book a Caribbean cruise today in the UK for next Jan on the Grandeur of the Seas and I found it impossible to add flights.  Yet,  when using a well known ‘Eskimo house’ travel agency I could..! Is this normal as I’m sure I’ve booked a flight through the UK Royal Caribbean site in the past?

Is the choiceair.com website available for you to book through air2sea?  

On 4/14/2021 at 2:03 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

Is the choiceair.com website available for you to book through air2sea?  

Thank you... I looked but the flights involved 2 stops and were 2-3 times the price of the cruise 😞

On 4/9/2021 at 5:27 PM, RCCL Fan said:

I booked flights on Air2Seas for our upcoming sailing on Adventure.

It's my first time booking flights with Royal directly, since like the 1990's.

How do seat assignments work?

I am a picky person about wear I sit on the plane, I always pay extra for the exit row or seats up front with more legroom.    Can I do that with Air2Sea, or am I stuck with wherever Royal's pre-selected seats are?

We do air to sea and fly Delta- with RC and Cel.  We add the reservation to our Delta pending flights when we get the reservation number.  If you book- economy comfort, regular seats and first class you can pick your seats on the Air to Sea call.  Some classes of flights are not assigned- those of course you have to wait until you are at airport waiting to board.  We have changed our seats many times- but not with the Run of the airplane  airfare.

We like air to sea as you do not have to pay until you pay your cruise fare- also if the rates go down and you call Air2Sea you can have the fare lowered.

Edited by Cruise a holic

5 hours ago, devonuk said:

Thank you... I looked but the flights involved 2 stops and were 2-3 times the price of the cruise 😞

I guess you got a great price on your cruise!   I usually find the pricing on air2sea to be very competitive, most times cheaper than booking direct with airlines.   Especially for international flights.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, devonuk said:

Did you try all airports in driving distance?

I.e.  closest airport for me is phl and flights to barbados were expensive and also had stops but when I searched flights out of Ewr I got a direct flight at a great price.  Ewr is another 45 minutes away but I can take train.

the price for Bahamas Air is a special price, the the tickets are blocked out for RCCL.  I doubt seat selection will be possible, and most likely the flights are going to be solid.  With that in mind, it is 90 days to your destination.  I would not be surprised if the entire flight is blocked out, and that at 60 days, they fill the seats up, and release any other seats

I just booked my flights to the Bahamas for the July 17, 2021 cruise through Air2Sea. I was able to select my seats (economy). Once my flight showed up on my American Airlines account, I was able to use miles to upgrade our seats. The entire process was very easy. Better than other cruise lines' air programs IMO. 

Sometimes picking seats has to do with direct bookings and indirect bookings. For example, we looked at a flight on British Air to Italy booked through American. Since is was not directly booked with American we could not book seats until 24 hours prior to flight. I cant recall all of the partner sites that are like that but I think Alitalia with Delta might be one. So I had to wait for the right price directly with American so I could pick seats ahead of time.......... and then of course the world shut down and we didnt get to go, but that was my experience and might also be why someone gets a snag on booking seats.