Barcelona - Storing a bag between 2 Cunard Cruises Sept 2022

lissie

We have 2 tentative booking for 2022 SF-Barcelona arriving 29 Aug 2022  and Barcelona - Singapore departing 10 Oct 2022 Both the Queen Elizabeth - we even have the same cabin!  What I'm wondering is will Cunard have any options to store one bag (probably about 26"  wheeled), which we don't need while we travel Europe carry-on only.  I would normally just come to an arrangement with a hotel  but if Cunard would keep it that would be even better! Or is there left-luggage at Barcelona cruise terminal? 

Or is this sort of thing you discuss with cabin steward and what size tip would be appropriate? (I've left bags for a day at a fancy hotel we weren't staying at in the USA by tipping the bell hop - but I'm not from a tipping culture - I have no clue!) 

12 hours ago, lissie said:

We have 2 tentative booking for 2022 SF-Barcelona arriving 29 Aug 2022  and Barcelona - Singapore departing 10 Oct 2022 Both the Queen Elizabeth - we even have the same cabin!  What I'm wondering is will Cunard have any options to store one bag (probably about 26"  wheeled), which we don't need while we travel Europe carry-on only.  I would normally just come to an arrangement with a hotel  but if Cunard would keep it that would be even better! Or is there left-luggage at Barcelona cruise terminal? 

Or is this sort of thing you discuss with cabin steward and what size tip would be appropriate? (I've left bags for a day at a fancy hotel we weren't staying at in the USA by tipping the bell hop - but I'm not from a tipping culture - I have no clue!) 

Just ask your Steward, they will be happy to assist.  A US$10.00 tip (more if you feel generous) would be greatly appreciated.

PS

Your Duty Free alcohol, purchased on board et al, can also be stored for your arrival along with your suitcase

Additional.

If your second cruise is WC section,then there is the ‘Thursday Voucher” from the Alchol Duty Free, enabling you to purchase liquor to take back to your stateroom 

Edited by PORT ROYAL
PS
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Just ask your Steward, they will be happy to assist.  A US$10.00 tip (more if you feel generous) would be greatly appreciated.

PS

Your Duty Free alcohol, purchased on board et al, can also be stored for your arrival along with your suitcase

Additional.

If your second cruise is WC section, then there is the ‘Thursday Voucher” from the Alchol Duty Free, enabling you to purchase liquor to take back to your stateroom 

Thanks PR! No I don't think the 2nd cruise is a WC - just a repositioning  down to Australia for our summer season. 

I hadn't thought about Duty Free - its no longer much of a deal in our part of the world - can usually get spirits cheaper on special than in duty free at the airport.   We are cruising via Maderia and Cadiz so we will probably bring back some port and sherry from those ports - but as we aren't exporting from the EU I don't think it will duty free prices - just local pricing - and availability - I love dry sherry from Spain - but its hard to get in Australian/NZ 

On 4/10/2021 at 11:29 PM, lissie said:

Thanks PR! No I don't think the 2nd cruise is a WC - just a repositioning  down to Australia for our summer season. 

I hadn't thought about Duty Free - its no longer much of a deal in our part of the world - can usually get spirits cheaper on special than in duty free at the airport.   We are cruising via Maderia and Cadiz so we will probably bring back some port and sherry from those ports - but as we aren't exporting from the EU I don't think it will duty free prices - just local pricing - and availability - I love dry sherry from Spain - but its hard to get in Australian/NZ 

Lissie - are you calling in Malaga on any of your trips? There is a wonderful sherry bar in the old town. I've spent many a (very) happy hour there! 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, elmsliebev said:

Lissie - are you calling in Malaga on any of your trips? There is a wonderful sherry bar in the old town. I've spent many a (very) happy hour there! 

Sadly the OP is only calling at Cadiz, where there are several excellent venues selling, also explaining, different styles of Sherry at various price points.  
Also in the centre of town, by the market, is a Carrefour, again with a wide variety.  

The OP might also consider a couple of bottles of Spanish Brandy, not bad, for the sail home along with her choice of Sherry for that evening balcony sip.  The room steward can supply the correct glasses on request.
Think the OP might even invest in a few very special bottles of Sherry, for those occasions that deserve them.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, elmsliebev said:

No - only Cadiz and Barcelona on the mainland, and Mayorica . But its OK I'm sure I'll find some drinking opportunities ! 

6 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Sadly the OP is only calling at Cadiz, where there are several excellent venues selling, also explaining, different styles of Sherry at various price points.  
Also in the centre of town, by the market, is a Carrefour, again with a wide variety.  

The OP might also consider a couple of bottles of Spanish Brandy, not bad, for the sail home along with her choice of Sherry for that evening balcony sip.  The room steward can supply the correct glasses on request.
Think the OP might even invest in a few very special bottles of Sherry, for those occasions that deserve them.

My partner loves brandy .... 

1 hour ago, lissie said:

My partner loves brandy .... 

if you and your partner wish to try a pure Jerez brandy, not trucked, mixed or messed about with,  then look at spoiling yourselves with a Lepanto OV or PX.  Please do not mix.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

if you and your partner wish to try a pure Jerez brandy, not trucked, mixed or messed about with,  then look at spoiling yourselves with a Lepanto OV or PX.  Please do not mix.

So that is Cadiz sorted!  I know most people will go to Sevilla for the day  - but we've been to Seville but not Cadiz and I've always thought it looked like a cool  town. 

6 hours ago, lissie said:

So that is Cadiz sorted!  I know most people will go to Sevilla for the day  - but we've been to Seville but not Cadiz and I've always thought it looked like a cool  town. 

Saw an old episode of a Rick Stein programme the other day, set in Cadiz - looked wonderful. Local specialty is a shrimp fritter...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Saw an old episode of a Rick Stein programme the other day, set in Cadiz - looked wonderful. Local specialty is a shrimp fritter...

Oooh - I'll have a hunt through netflix - love his travel/food  shows

25 minutes ago, lissie said:

Oooh - I'll have a hunt through netflix - love his travel/food  shows

Foodie?
Then you’ll love the main (large) central market, it has the sights, sounds, smells of Jerez.  The diversity of foods, wines etc is great.  Lots of small independent sellers.  Plus you can (just must) take a light lunch there, at any of  the small boutique cafés, with the freshest ingredients, direct from the market you’re actually in.

Been there...Done that...

• Like 2

14 hours ago, LittleFish1976 said:

oh yes, those shrimp fritters are wonderful. We ewent to the Rick Stein bar too. 

• Like 1