Are carnival commissions being paid?

So i had 2 cruises from may that were cancelled but my customers paid in full. I my Agency about the commissions and was told that carnival sent the commission but then took it back. The letter i received from carnival a few months ago said "As we have done throughout this challenging time in our industry, we are protecting your commission on bookings paid in full.  Travel agent commissions are protected on the original fully paid booking either cancelled by Carnival, or given the option to cancel for full refund, and on the final booking that sails using a redeemed Future Cruise Credit (FCC)."

So is my agency jerking me or is carnival lying?

I have received protected commissions from my agency on a couple of cruises that Carnival cancelled. The key details are that the sailing must have been paid in full AND they only protect the first sailing. So, if this was a rebooked cruise, you don't get another commission. For example, I have one client that is on their 6th cancellation/rebook... only got commission for the very first cancellation. 

4 hours ago, tm_aw_love said:

I have received protected commissions from my agency on a couple of cruises that Carnival cancelled. The key details are that the sailing must have been paid in full AND they only protect the first sailing. So, if this was a rebooked cruise, you don't get another commission. For example, I have one client that is on their 6th cancellation/rebook... only got commission for the very first cancellation. 

This is the correct answer. Only the first cancelation and the last cruise that sails. The middle ones, all commission gets recalled. 

So agents basically work for free on the middle ones.

5 hours ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

So agents basically work for free on the middle ones.

How has this changed morale? In an already dying industry, is this commission issue causing travel agents to seek alternate employment options? 

6 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

How has this changed morale? In an already dying industry, is this commission issue causing travel agents to seek alternate employment options? 

And how close to bankruptcy are many agents? How long can they basically work for free?

I know I e-mailed a question (based on something I read on the cc boards to the agent I usually work with), and he called back. He (he is the president of his agency) sounded distraught. He said he is working for free, and has already lost his savings and hopes not to lose his house. I later sent him a small check as a token of friendship and all he has done for us. Also he had not made a commission on our last booked cruise as after reading the situation I had cancelled before final payment. He had also done extra work on that one as he helped us work through Princess EZ Air.