Cruising resumes July 2nd to the Bahamas on the Classica.

Here we go! You can start booking with the great deal offer.  Buy one get one and 5 free drinks. Starts at $269.00 for an OV cabin. Calling Monday to book on deck 5, I hope.. Closed on the weekends. You need to fill out the Bahamas Travel Visa. I did it on line for me and my wife. You can book on line but you get whatever state room they give you. I read where they needed to close down two decks to resume the cruises. Anyone know which two decks?

Not sure, but I did a mock booking on-line and it wanted to put me on deck 7.

This was for an October cruise.

If they actually do sail, we will book a cruise as a warmup to our longer cruises, hopefully starting in November.

• Like 1

I just looked at the website.  It doesn't look like they will be requiring the vaccine to board.  It is just suggested you be vaccinated.  In that case, I will not be going until the vaccine is a requirement.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, keeponcruising said:

I just looked at the website.  It doesn't look like they will be requiring the vaccine to board.  It is just suggested you be vaccinated.  In that case, I will not be going until the vaccine is a requirement.

Click way at the bottom and see what the Bahamas requires.

• Like 1

You MUST get a covid19 test before you are allowed to board. It must be less than 5 days before boarding. The day you get the test is day zero. There is a form to fill out to enter the Bahamas they require the test results also. On the web site they have a live talk.

• Like 1

I took a leap of faith and booked two junior suites for July 30th. I put $50 down per pax. Just going to sit and wait and see who gets to sail first. I’ve already got my $4,300 back from Norwegian. I live in Palm Beach County so it’s not that much of a gamble. I was told about the Covid-19 tests that were required but my family has already be vaccinated so no big deal on the COVID-19 tests. Just sitting on the dock of the bay...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pinkie60 said:

I took a leap of faith and booked two junior suites for July 30th. I put $50 down per pax. Just going to sit and wait and see who gets to sail first. I’ve already got my $4,300 back from Norwegian. I live in Palm Beach County so it’s not that much of a gamble. I was told about the Covid-19 tests that were required but my family has already be vaccinated so no big deal on the COVID-19 tests. Just sitting on the dock of the bay...

Not so fast. A friend of my daughters (She is 45) had received both vaccine injections. She had to take the covid19 test again for her job. She tested positive. Do not know anything more than that. So we will all cross our fingers and hope we do not test positive.

9 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Not so fast. A friend of my daughters (She is 45) had received both vaccine injections. She had to take the covid19 test again for her job. She tested positive. Do not know anything more than that. So we will all cross our fingers and hope we do not test positive.

I’ve heard about that happening but I’m not sure what you’re point has anything to do about my situation. We aren’t supposed to sail in July and my point is that we aren’t even sure if the CDC will allow us to sail. 

On 4/13/2021 at 2:14 AM, pinkie60 said:

I’ve heard about that happening but I’m not sure what you’re point has anything to do about my situation. We aren’t supposed to sail in July and my point is that we aren’t even sure if the CDC will allow us to sail. 

I think they are just pointing out that the vaccinations don't prevent you from getting covid they just make the case minor if you do get it. A lot of people think you can't get covid if you've been vaccinated. I'm sure when cruises return several vaccinated people will be shocked to find out they have covid and might be denied boarding. 

On 4/13/2021 at 3:14 AM, pinkie60 said:

My point is because you said: "I was told about the Covid-19 tests that were required but my family has already be vaccinated so no big deal on the COVID-19 tests. " Just replying to the no big deal part.

Well, we booked for August 17th. Ocean view. Total was $501.00 pre paid gratuities in that.

Got the cabin we wanted also. Called right at 10:00AM Tuesday and it was answered as soon as it was transferred to bookings. So we shall see what happens. Getting the covid19 tests just before sailing might not be as easy as I thought it would be. Trying to find a place that will do the correct test and let me know within the hour the results and take my insurance to cover it. IF the insurance covers a second test without a doctors orders.

7 hours ago, ohioNCLcruiser said:

I'm sure when cruises return several vaccinated people will be shocked to find out they have covid and might be denied boarding. 

If that does happen, it will be another negative for getting cruising resumed.  Being denied boarding would probably lead to no refund of money paid.  

There is still so much that we don't know about Covid and the vaccines.  Moderna reported today that their tests show that their vaccine provides excellent protection from contracting the disease for 6 months.  Great.  But, then what?  And, the question of those fully vaccinated, are they able to carry and spread the virus?  That question is unanswered thus far.  

18 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

If that does happen, it will be another negative for getting cruising resumed.  Being denied boarding would probably lead to no refund of money paid.  

There is still so much that we don't know about Covid and the vaccines.  Moderna reported today that their tests show that their vaccine provides excellent protection from contracting the disease for 6 months.  Great.  But, then what?  And, the question of those fully vaccinated, are they able to carry and spread the virus?  That question is unanswered thus far.  

I would think that the 6 months is because it has only been 6 months. There have been those that have received the vaccine that still got the covid19 virus. Very few vs the millions that received the vaccine. A person can procrastinate about anything. Example. Do not walk on the side walk. You might get killed getting hit by a car. That has happened. So I guess you cannot be safe walking on the side walk. That is only one example. Agoraphobia, those who would never leave there home and go outside for a given fear. Yes, much still needs to be learned about what will happen to us later. Personally, I am not one to just sit in a rocker and wait to die. I am 75 and my wife is 73 and we want to continue as we did. Enjoy each and every day we have left in our lives. No matter how it ends. We will cruise as long as we can. Usually 4-6 a year every year. Not including the 2 day quickie.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

I would think that the 6 months is because it has only been 6 months.

Backing this up is an article in the Wall Street Journal on April 12:

Some people have incorrectly concluded that means that those vaccines offer only six months of protection, says Scott Hensley, a professor of microbiology at the University of Pennsylvania. “That’s false,” says Dr. Hensley. “We only have six months of data...Six months from now it’s likely we’ll learn we have one year of protection.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-long-do-covid-19-vaccines-provide-immunity-11618258094?page=1

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Backing this up is an article in the Wall Street Journal on April 12:

Some people have incorrectly concluded that means that those vaccines offer only six months of protection, says Scott Hensley, a professor of microbiology at the University of Pennsylvania. “That’s false,” says Dr. Hensley. “We only have six months of data...Six months from now it’s likely we’ll learn we have one year of protection.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-long-do-covid-19-vaccines-provide-immunity-11618258094?page=1

I think that is what I said.

It appears that new data is already coming in:  "Pfizer Chief Executive Albert Bourla said it is likely that people who receive Covid-19 vaccines will need booster shots within a year afterward, and then annual vaccinations, to maintain protection against the virus as it evolves...  More research is required to confirm the need for annual booster shots, Mr. Bourla said. But he added that the need appeared likely given research so far."

[published on the Wall Street Journal website April 15, 2021]

https://www.wsj.com/articles/annual-covid-19-vaccine-booster-shots-likely-needed-pfizer-ceo-says-11618520527?mod=latest_headlines

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

More research is required to confirm the need for annual booster shots, Mr. Bourla said. But he added that the need appeared likely given research so far."

We are going to need annual, at least, Covid booster shots just like we need annual flu shots.

Reports are starting to appear that the United States, in some areas, is beginning to reach a "vaccine wall" when we have plenty of vaccines available and those who don't want to accept the vaccine.  If this indeed does happen, we, in the United States--and I expect in the rest of the world--will never, ever achieve "herd immunity" from Covid.  

4 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

It appears that new data is already coming in:  "Pfizer Chief Executive Albert Bourla said it is likely that people who receive Covid-19 vaccines will need booster shots within a year afterward, and then annual vaccinations, to maintain protection against the virus as it evolves...  More research is required to confirm the need for annual booster shots, Mr. Bourla said. But he added that the need appeared likely given research so far."

[published on the Wall Street Journal website April 15, 2021]

https://www.wsj.com/articles/annual-covid-19-vaccine-booster-shots-likely-needed-pfizer-ceo-says-11618520527?mod=latest_headlines

Well we get our flu shot every October. What's one more to hopefully stay healthy.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Well we get our flu shot every October. What's one more to hopefully stay healthy.

That is precisely how I feel.  I hope that individual medical practices will be able to offer such an annual shot.  Maybe when the time for this to need to occur, data will be available as to whether the covid vaccine received from--let's say--Pfizer, will the booster shot need to also be a Pfizer product.  

A concern for me is the very cold temperatures that the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines need to be kept.  If this cannot be changed, then individual medical practices would have a difficult time of being able to provide those vaccines for their patients, i suspect.  

Just found out the Bahamas health Visa that is required before stepping foot on the island is $40 per person if your stay is less than 5 days. So you can add that to your cost of the cruise.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Just found out the Bahamas health Visa that is required before stepping foot on the island is $40 per person if your stay is less than 5 days. So you can add that to your cost of the cruise.

And, the additional costs to cruise continues to increase.  Not surprising to me whatsoever.  

Thank you for the information.