Iceland's Natural Beauty General - 2022

TayanaLorna

34 minutes ago, FoggyEthan said:

Weird that they aren't available for July 13th sailing. Also the Heimaey boat nature tour (not the whale one) is also missing.

Yes, I want to email them and ask if they think this might be added later so they know some people are interested in it. I can't find the "tellus" address that everyone speaks of. 

44 minutes ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

And other Iceland slots opened today, too.  I made Manfredi and Chef's rezzies.  No problems. And spa treatment slots opened also. 

LOL, this morning in anticipation of needing one hour between spa or dinner reservations and the return of desired shores, I cancelled some.  Then I could not get them back.  That's okay.

So, on another subject:  after my call to Delta yesterday telling them that the Moderna vaccine was not listed on their website as one acceptable to go to Iceland, I just checked.  Today it has been added!!  So now there is written proof!

2730A137-17BB-4555-AB10-4D6DAF3C4245.thumb.png.e970ee3b662ec52e177741249a91293a.png

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shipster60 said:

Yes, I want to email them and ask if they think this might be added later so they know some people are interested in it. I can't find the "tellus" address that everyone speaks of. 

TellUs@vikingcruises.com

Edited by MN2Cruise
  • Like 1

It looks like after a lot of trial and error most of us got what we wanted. I finally was able to reconcile the various credit card charges with the shoreX we believed we had booked, and I see everything in its place on our calendar. That said, it didn't have to be this difficult, frustrating, or time-consuming. And I suspect it was an equally trying day for the folks at Viking. As someone new to Viking Cruises, I feel that Viking lost some good will today. Those unfamiliar with Viking may suspect this is their normal way of doing business but those experienced Viking cruisers like Peregrina651 assure us that this is a one-off.

Hopefully once we are all on board the positive experiences will wash away today's memories. We are looking forward to our July 13 cruise. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, SantaFe1 said:

So, on another subject:  after my call to Delta yesterday telling them that the Moderna vaccine was not listed on their website as one acceptable to go to Iceland, I just checked.  Today it has been added!!  So now there is written proof!

2730A137-17BB-4555-AB10-4D6DAF3C4245.thumb.png.e970ee3b662ec52e177741249a91293a.png

Brilliant work!  All Delta fliers (including us) thank you!

• Like 3

Just now, SteelCity Cruiser said:

Brilliant work!  All Delta fliers (including us) thank you!

I have to admit, I was absolutely flabbergasted to see it listed today!  But glad they acted so quickly.  It really was a bad omission!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, anaco_angler said:

It looks like after a lot of trial and error most of us got what we wanted. I finally was able to reconcile the various credit card charges with the shoreX we believed we had booked, and I see everything in its place on our calendar. That said, it didn't have to be this difficult, frustrating, or time-consuming. And I suspect it was an equally trying day for the folks at Viking. As someone new to Viking Cruises, I feel that Viking lost some good will today. Those unfamiliar with Viking may suspect this is their normal way of doing business but those experienced Viking cruisers like Peregrina651 assure us that this is a one-off.

Hopefully once we are all on board the positive experiences will wash away today's memories. We are looking forward to our July 13 cruise. 

It’s our first Viking and I was this close to calling our TA and canceling.  An online chat with Viking saved us! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

I don't think @Viking.com will get it where it needs to get.

If it doesn't, try this:  TellUs@vikingcruises.com

Peregrina651 - Thank you so much - you are correct (I edited my previous entry so as to not confuse anyone - so much for trying to help!!).  This also explains why Viking did not reply to my last email (sent to the incorrect address)!!

Mark

1 hour ago, SantaFe1 said:

Good to know.

After a very trying day we were able to book all the excursions that we had on our list except the included walking tour "Heimaey on foot" which was not a big deal (we're doing the other included tour instead and skipping the follow up hike).  It took 2 chat sessions with some incredibly helpful agents to straighten everything out and to get a refund for double charges.   I really hope Viking learned something today and gets things fixedd for the future.  This was not Viking at their best by a long shot.  And after all that, I'm finally getting very excited for our July 20 sail date to get here!  I think its time to head to the explorers lounge.

• Like 1

Traveling with another couple and trying to coordinate times was fun! 11am CT it was a mess, but then waited till 1:30pm and all went great - got everything the 4 of us wanted:) The booking "mess" just kind of added to the suspense...LOL.  

2 hours ago, SantaFe1 said:

Thanks for making that call! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cruiser1854 said:

Did anyone find out about the Westman Island excursions starting prior to the official ship arrival time of noon?

Is that heimay?  For us they (online chat)  said book the “1045” hike and then a later walking included excursion. - doesn’t make sense but it was the only way to book.  

2 hours ago, MN2Cruise said:

Peregrina651 - Thank you so much - you are correct (I edited my previous entry so as to not confuse anyone - so much for trying to help!!).  This also explains why Viking did not reply to my last email (sent to the incorrect address)!!

Mark

Wow.  Timing is everything. Cruise Critic has a 20 minute editing window and you made it!

A cruiser on the site that shall not be named just posted the email she received after emailing TellUs expressing frustration about today’s fiasco.  Glad to hear that they at least recognize they had a problem. 

FC26B6DD-A9FC-440C-9447-8ABD9635657F.jpeg

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

A cruiser on the site that shall not be named just posted the email she received after emailing TellUs expressing frustration about today’s fiasco.  Glad to hear that they at least recognize they had a problem. 

FC26B6DD-A9FC-440C-9447-8ABD9635657F.jpeg

That's a positive note to end the day.  Thank you for sharing.

Wow - am I dreaming or did we just receive an apology email from Viking?  

One sentence I found amusing - they did not expect the volume they got today.

I think any of us on these roll calls could have told them everyone would have been trying to book as soon as they opened  since we have no other alternative given the "bubble" situation.  And a number of us in fact predicted system crashes.

But at least we got an  acknowledgement from Viking that this was not well played!

• Like 1

The acknowledgement letter, or apology or substitute whatever you wish- was nonsense.  As stated here over many pages, this was a FBAR from the beginning.  And Viking apparently doesn't respond to what is written on these boards like they did pre-Covid.

I lost over 2 hours of my life that I will never get back for something that should have taken 15 minutes.

And Viking addresses this over 9 hours later with a "I'm so sorry" letter.

Viking- Not well played.

4 hours ago, SantaFe1 said:

Welcome to my world 😉 This is  how things get done; can't tell you how many time  have called a supplier to say , hey did you know this is on your site  and you need to fix it. Then they say, well nobody told us. 

• Like 1