I Don't Want To Be Pessimistic....But....

I have the Gem booked...Bahamas....1/2022...out of NYC.  It's a 7 day cruise; DH and I decided "let's go on the 10 day Gem" to the Caribbean....same month 1/22.

So, I called NCL to change the reservation.  The rep said the only thing that came up for the Gem in January 2022 was the cruise I am booked on.  Nothing for the Caribbean.  When I search...a lot more sailings come up than my current one.  I rechecked to make sure I was not hallucinating about Gem to the Caribbean...checked the dates etc....and I still see those sailings listed.

I don't want to be pessimistic...but I think my bubble may burst.

I hope the rep is wrong since I'm booked on the 1/19/2022 but there is still that 7 day cruise rule from the CDC floating around from 10/2020

Screenshot 2021-04-11 190708.jpg

1 minute ago, JIMESOPUS said:

I hope the rep is wrong since I'm booked on the 1/19/2022 but there is still that 7 day cruise rule from the CDC floating around from 10/2020

Well, I hope to see you on board.  As I stated in my second post, the second rep had no problem finding it.

12 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

You bring up a very good point....and that rule may stay in effect for ?????

I have a strange feeling that the reps had different data bases.  I mean....she saw nothing other than the Jan 2 Gem sailing.

Oh well, something for me to do tomorrow!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Crisis averted....another NCL Rep has no idea of what they are doing.  But, the nice guy who found it in a minute is going to report her.

Happy for you! Whether it is 10 days or 7, hopefully you (and all of us) will get to cruise.

Edited by Arzeena

I think we need to be a bit forgiving of the reps on the phone right now.  Some are Brand spanking new, and have never ever booked a cruise, certainly never been on a cruise and never had to deal with some pax who have their own agendas in play as far as their wants and needs for their cruises. 

Kindness works wonders... 

3 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

2 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

You bring up a very good point....and that rule may stay in effect for ?????

I have a strange feeling that the reps had different data bases.  I mean....she saw nothing other than the Jan 2 Gem sailing.

Oh well, something for me to do tomorrow!

The rule limiting cruises to 7 days is part of the Conditional Sailing Order that expires on November 1. Of course that doesn't guarantee anything, but as currently written the rule doesn't impact a 2022 cruise.

13 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

I think we need to be a bit forgiving of the reps on the phone right now.  Some are Brand spanking new, and have never ever booked a cruise, certainly never been on a cruise and never had to deal with some pax who have their own agendas in play as far as their wants and needs for their cruises. 

This is exasperating... we need to stop cutting NCL so much slack.

Imagine if you went into Starbucks, and the barista just shrugged and said "It's my first day, I don't know anything about coffee, and you can't imagine all these people coming in with their weird customized orders!" You wouldn't be sympathetic, you'd be annoyed that Starbucks hadn't thought to train their employee correctly before putting them behind a $18,000 espresso machine.

NCL is a company with the resources and capabilities to do proper training, and the fact that their front-facing, landslide customer service staff is consistently bad is a major issue. It doesn't matter how great the staff and officers onboard a sailing are, if the experience off the ships is so hit or miss. 

On 4/11/2021 at 6:56 PM, MsTabbyKats said:

I have the Gem booked...Bahamas....1/2022...out of NYC.  It's a 7 day cruise; DH and I decided "let's go on the 10 day Gem" to the Caribbean....same month 1/22.

So, I called NCL to change the reservation.  The rep said the only thing that came up for the Gem in January 2022 was the cruise I am booked on.  Nothing for the Caribbean.  When I search...a lot more sailings come up than my current one.  I rechecked to make sure I was not hallucinating about Gem to the Caribbean...checked the dates etc....and I still see those sailings listed.

I don't want to be pessimistic...but I think my bubble may burst.

Then don’t. 

8 hours ago, Paphillyguy said:

One thing I have noticed the Pandemic has become a great excuse for just bad customer service. 

Agree, I have noticed that across a lot of industries.