MSC Seaside - on the move (hopefully in preparation for 1st May cruise)

8420PR

MSC Seaside has been docked in Trieste since February (I think since arriving from US), but has now left Trieste this morning sailing to Sicily according to the below website.

https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/MSC-SEASIDE-IMO-9745366-MMSI-248392000

A couple of weeks ago we have booked the first cruise from Genoa on 1st May .  I have my fingers crossed that everything works out!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So we've been welcomed back onboard Seaside and are having a great time!

@Preziosa  Regarding the concerns about getting to Italy from your other thread - we took the bus from Germany to Genoa,  the bus driver briefly checked our covid test certificate but that was it.  At the Austrian and Swiss borders we didn't have have to stop.   At the Italian border the entire bus was checked, but they were only interested in passports and didn't check the test certificates or Italian self declaration.   There was nothing materially different than pre-COVID times, in terms of border checks.  We arrived in Genoa Friday afternoon, had a nice meal (outside dining only, except in hotels) and slept well.   

• Like 1

8420 PR Thank you so much for your Update, it was so Nice to Read. Then I Think We Will not have problems arriving by flight. Did you have a speciel time for check in. Our papers say only 3 hours before sailing, but Maybe We Will have a speciel time when We come closer to the 8. Th of May. Is it throu that there is Starwalker show on Seaside. Our app say so. Have a wonderful evening. And Take Care of you and your family and Our ship.

• Like 1

8420, Thank you for posting!  I hope you have a wonderful cruise.  We sailed on Seaside last year, and loved it.  Beautiful outdoor spaces.

What is your itinerary?  I would love to track the cruise on port webcams.

Thank you, Preziosa!  Exactly what I want, and different from what I had found for later in the season.

I'll be tuning in.

I wish you a happy cruise next week!

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the updates.  Hopefully as the cruise progresses they will pick up more passengers.  It was raining when Seaside left Genoa but the ship looked almost empty.

Edited by Até
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

Watching the Valletta port webcam.  Two open-top sightseeing buses have just brought passengers back to the ship.

It’s still there now and I think it departs at 6PM local time. 

2 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

She's pulling out.  271 watchers!

Great to hear. If all the stars align, we will be on-board in August. Still feel like it's a 50/50 call. Definitely would want to see Italy on the UK green list by end of June before final payment is due. 

would much prefer Malta to remain in the itinerary rather than be replace in August with Marseille.

8420 Can you check if it is possible to make PCRtest aboard before Living the ship. We need it for Our return flight back to Denmark Via Amsterdam. Thank you. Have a wonderful Cruise.