Getting ready to cruise use to be throwing some shorts, t-shorts, flip flops, and a passport into a bag and driving to the port. Now, any misstep will leave you standing on the dock watching the ship leave you stranded in a foreign country. 

02F2A90F-FE72-408F-8C6F-BE8BF6FB1542.thumb.jpeg.87c943bec64b4497ded488c50830a5b9.jpeg

C63C54AE-EB2C-4F1B-8ACD-15B98571198F.thumb.jpeg.5f10e4befc8b30d064bc280d2d78cf46.jpeg

5F5568A9-2D67-4ADF-8514-FA35684D663C.thumb.jpeg.3a8a136c5f941884bedb4547a0a96492.jpeg

FAE528D0-2548-41AD-BDA7-82281F57EF8A.thumb.jpeg.5af6095d6301c59bf6928e5e9683facd.jpeg

CA2AB607-3066-4159-A25A-5E9501024DF5.thumb.jpeg.b5d3295b20c5687393ac836bad84b993.jpeg

C05E1DF8-EC89-431B-B979-2ECBB9E3426B.thumb.jpeg.58bb235c3a7b650c88a38408d9c888dc.jpeg

I have a November Oasis cruise booked and I can totally eliminate the possibility of being stranded in a foreign port by simply not getting off the ship. 

I'm determined to go on this one if it sails.  There is plenty to do on board, I have a balcony, and I've been  to all of the ports more times than I can count - so enough good times to last for 7 nights.

The bigger question is - will I continue to sail if protocols continue that prevent me from enjoying the cruise and only time will tell if that happens or not.

In Canada you need to isolate after arriving by air  in a specified hotel for 3 days

at a cost of 2000.00 per person while awaiting covid test results . A brutal cost to attach to the end of the cruise. I wont be considering a cruise any time soon. 

BirdTravels, where did you find this information?  Is it on Royal" website or was it sent to you on a cruise you are taking in the near future?  We are on Adventure June 12 out of Nassau and haven't receive any communications regarding what info Royal would want us to supply.

5 hours ago, loman said:

In Canada you need to isolate after arriving by air  in a specified hotel for 3 days

at a cost of 2000.00 per person while awaiting covid test results . A brutal cost to attach to the end of the cruise. I wont be considering a cruise any time soon. 

There's a few massive loopholes. First, on the return home you can always land in the US and rent a car to drive across the border, you can isolate at home for that and the government will even provide you with mail out test kits. 

And you can always refuse to go to the hotel and take the 850 dollar ticket and go home. 

5 hours ago, mek said:

I have a November Oasis cruise booked and I can totally eliminate the possibility of being stranded in a foreign port by simply not getting off the ship. 

I'm determined to go on this one if it sails.  There is plenty to do on board, I have a balcony, and I've been  to all of the ports more times than I can count - so enough good times to last for 7 nights.

The bigger question is - will I continue to sail if protocols continue that prevent me from enjoying the cruise and only time will tell if that happens or not.

That's the million dollar question. Or rather, the multi billion dollar question for the cruise lines.

17 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

There's a few massive loopholes. First, on the return home you can always land in the US and rent a car to drive across the border, you can isolate at home for that and the government will even provide you with mail out test kits. 

And you can always refuse to go to the hotel and take the 850 dollar ticket and go home. 

Yes , i was aware of the options but guess i forgot as i wouldnt consider the hassle of flying into Detroit and renting a car to drive back to Toronto .

My wife would not be amused if i added a 3 hour drive to the end of the vacation. 

I always take a  3 hour direct flight to Florida and direct flight back .

Thats about all i can handle with travelling .

I think i will wait this covid thing out until things settle down .

Cheers 

4 hours ago, loman said:

Yes , i was aware of the options but guess i forgot as i wouldnt consider the hassle of flying into Detroit and renting a car to drive back to Toronto .

My wife would not be amused if i added a 3 hour drive to the end of the vacation. 

I always take a  3 hour direct flight to Florida and direct flight back .

Thats about all i can handle with travelling .

I think i will wait this covid thing out until things settle down .

Cheers 

Oh I hear you. Here's to hoping that things settle down and open up again soon. By soon now I mean by 2022. 

On 4/13/2021 at 1:57 PM, gadaboutgal said:

BirdTravels, where did you find this information?  Is it on Royal" website or was it sent to you on a cruise you are taking in the near future?  We are on Adventure June 12 out of Nassau and haven't receive any communications regarding what info Royal would want us to supply.

This was an email that I received for our upcoming cruise from Nassau on the Adventure. 

Thanks for your reply, BirdTravels.                                                                                      As I said, we are on the AD June 12 also and have not received any emails or communication from Royal.  Guess I'll give them a call and make sure someone puts us on "the list."

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, gadaboutgal said:

Thanks for your reply, BirdTravels.                                                                                      As I said, we are on the AD June 12 also and have not received any emails or communication from Royal.  Guess I'll give them a call and make sure someone puts us on "the list."

We also got this email on Saturday (specifically for our Adventure cruise)

C3E59CE3-77AA-47F9-B9C7-92FA97AC0278.thumb.jpeg.38ff020bfdd3cedaac7ed74d46e93dd2.jpeg

And a Royal Up invite on Tuesday

6F5EDEF1-0028-409F-A8E5-0BB592EDB212.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
On 4/13/2021 at 9:20 AM, mek said:

I think OP is referring to the cruises leaving from non-US ports. There should be a little to no additional risk of getting stranded in a port of call after the fact.

11 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

I think OP is referring to the cruises leaving from non-US ports. There should be a little to no additional risk of getting stranded in a port of call after the fact.

It seems to be a concern for some people on cruises with multiple stops, which my November cruise has.  My only point was if I'm lucky enough to actually cruise, I can happily stay on the ship for a week and not get off.

Right now, we're all just playing the waiting game.