Jump to content

DeSantis could sink our chances of cruising out of Florida


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

I don't think a vaccine should be mandatory to go on a ship.  I have my vaccine, and in my last year I have decided to live my life based on my own risk assessment, not some CNN fear mongering report.  But whatever you do, don't ask me to show medical records at your door.......not going to happen. 

 

 

Please do live your last year of life to the fullest!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I will wait a couple of months to see what will be the final outcome.  Meanwhile, will be visiting grand canyon next month for my 4th child's 21st birthday and also plan on visiting TX and FL in upcoming months to see family.  2 of my favorite places to go other than Alabama and the Ozarks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

After watching the documentary on HBO last night called “ The last cruise” about the princess cruise that had over 700 cases and 14 dead I am in no hurry to get on a cruise ship that Is not fully vaccinated. My wife was horrified.

Our choice and I respect anybody else’s decision to give it a try.

watch the show and let me know your thoughts. If there is one thing I learned from it I can now respect the delay these companies have implemented. An unvaccinated cruise ship can spiral out of control in a couple days.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, florida eagle said:

We are a divided nation and we will never unify again unless by force of a despot leader. No so called red state owes no so called blue state a damn thing. Time will change more of the red states who are being purposely invaded... blue. 

 

Yikes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joseph2017China said:

  Plus both the CDC and the WHO already said

 

 

let me stop you right there

 

Both of these organizations don't know what they hell they are doing

 

They cannot interpret their own data

 

WHO should be held criminally responsible for some of their actions

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

After watching the documentary on HBO last night called “ The last cruise” about the princess cruise that had over 700 cases and 14 dead I am in no hurry to get on a cruise ship that Is not fully vaccinated. My wife was horrified.

Our choice and I respect anybody else’s decision to give it a try.

watch the show and let me know your thoughts. If there is one thing I learned from it I can now respect the delay these companies have implemented. An unvaccinated cruise ship can spiral out of control in a couple days.

 

Literally a time when no one even knew what was going on. In the beginning there wasn't any mitigation taking place. They literally late people off to free roam in port.

 

The documentary was ok for a fly on the wall look at the experience of a few people on Diamond Princess but otherwise wasn't worth much.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Not to split hairs, but if the CDC says that the cruise lines can only sail from U.S. ports with fully vaccinated and negative tested passengers, and leave the method of documenting compliance up to the passenger and the cruise line, then technically the CDC and not the cruise lines are mandating proof of a vaccine. The new language in the cruise contract is really clear on who bears liability for testing positive once a passenger is on the ship if the CDC's rules are violated. State policies cannot constitutionally overrule federal rules, so regardless of what Florida's governor says, if the Feds say it is required, the discussion is ended.

The executive order in Florida is so broadly worded that it is too problematic to split hairs on. Compare the Florida order to the Texas order, which is more precise and limited in scope. I agree the cruise lines could argue that they are not imposing the requirement and therefore the order doesn't apply to them. But who knows how this will play out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, NightOne said:

 

let me stop you right there

 

Both of these organizations don't know what they hell they are doing

 

They cannot interpret their own data

 

WHO should be held criminally responsible for some of their actions

May I ask where you received your medical degree? And where you did your fellowships in epidemiology or a similar specialty? It would help to know your credentials to ascertain whether your assessment of the knowledge of the CDC and the WHO personnel is backed by your actual expertise in virology.

Edited by cured
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cured said:

May I ask where you received your medical degree? And where you did your fellowships in epidemiology or a similar specialty? It would help to know your credentials to ascertain whether your assessment of the knowledge of the CDC and the WHO personnel is backed by your actual expertise in virology.

 

You may not

 

Keep listening to an 80 year doctor who doesn't even work for the CDC as well as the academics at both those organizations

 

Do the same stupid things and get the same stupid results

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, cured said:

May I ask where you received your medical degree? And where you did your fellowships in epidemiology or a similar specialty? It would help to know your credentials to ascertain whether your assessment of the knowledge the CDC and the WHO is backed by your actual knowledge of viruses.

There is a lot of mistrust in government and science that leads people to make risk assessments based on their own personal knowledge. The problem with a virus like this is that we can't know what the risk actually is. We may carry the virus and communicate it to another person without knowing it. The debate then is what social responsibility do we have to protect each other, and not everyone agrees on that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pratique said:

There is a lot of mistrust in government and science that leads people to make risk assessments based on their own personal knowledge. The problem with a virus like this is that we can't know what the risk actually is. We may carry the virus and communicate it to another person without knowing it. The debate then is what social responsibility do we have to protect each other, and not everyone agrees on that.

 

Here is what we do know from the CDC data: (https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/covid19/mortality-overview.htm)

 

80.4% of Covid Deaths are people 65 years or older

94% had identified comorbidities and the other 6% had suspected unidentified comorbidities

 

So if you are under 65 and have no comorbidities you have an exactly 0% chance of dying.

 

Moreover, there is currently no published evidence that anyone who was vaccinated had died as a result of Covid. (aka vaccinated people are not dying)

 

And finally, 1.8% of people who got Covid have died (yet see above) but 91% of the has not gotten Covid. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, NightOne said:

 

You may not

 

Keep listening to an 80 year doctor who doesn't even work for the CDC as well as the academics at both those organizations

 

Do the same stupid things and get the same stupid results

 

 

 

Ahhh, so I thought.  Perhaps you graduated from that esteemed university, OAN, whose mascot is the fox.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, NightOne said:

 

Here is what we do know from the CDC data: (https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/covid19/mortality-overview.htm)

 

80.4% of Covid Deaths are people 65 years or older

94% had identified comorbidities and the other 6% had suspected unidentified comorbidities

 

So if you are under 65 and have no comorbidities you have an exactly 0% chance of dying.

 

Moreover, there is currently no published evidence that anyone who was vaccinated had died as a result of Covid. (aka vaccinated people are not dying)

 

And finally, 1.8% of people who got Covid have died (yet see above) but 91% of the has not gotten Covid. 

 

So no one under 65 has died of covid?  Because you need a number of 0 deaths to get a 0% chance of dying.  Perhaps I should tell that to the family in our neighborhood who lost their 15 year old with no comorbities that it could not possibly have been covid because there was 0% chance of him dying.

 

Did you know that the most recent studies have shown that 1 in 3 covid survivors suffers some mental illness or neurological disorder within 6 months of contracting the disease? Did you say you had already had covid?

Edited by cured
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, NightOne said:

 

You may not

 

Keep listening to an 80 year doctor who doesn't even work for the CDC as well as the academics at both those organizations

 

Do the same stupid things and get the same stupid results

 

 

 


Instead of listening to the professionals, who do you believe everyone should listen to?

 

22 minutes ago, Pratique said:

There is a lot of mistrust in government and science that leads people to make risk assessments based on their own personal knowledge.


Personal ‘knowledge’ or personal opinion? (Or the loud opinion they hear and then repeat).

 

I am baffled at the people who dismiss scientific evidence when science advice adapts. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, cured said:

So no one under 65 has died of covid?  Because you need a number of 0 deaths to get a 0% chance of dying.  Perhaps I should tell that to the family in our neighborhood who lost their 15 year old that it could not possibly have been covid because there was 0% chance of him dying.

 

Did you know that the most recent studies have shown that 1 in 3 covid survivors suffers some mental illness within 6 months of contracting the disease? Did you say you had already had covid?

 

"So if you are under 65 and have no comorbidities you have an exactly 0% chance of dying."

 

Maybe that college you attended didn't require reading comprehension.

 

I'm sure the 15 year old had other issues. Just because you don't know about them doesn't mean they didn't exist. 

 

Healthy young people are NOT dying from Covid.

 

I'm fully vaccinated and do not have Covid nor will Covid kill me at this point.

 

Argue the data if you think you can.

 

Edited by NightOne
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Missusdubbya said:


Instead of listening to the professionals, who do you believe everyone should listen to?

 


Personal ‘knowledge’ or personal opinion? (Or the loud opinion they hear and then repeat).

 

I am baffled at the people who dismiss scientific evidence when science advice adapts. 
 

 

 

How about listening to the CDC's own data for a start. MATH not science.

 

I'm baffled by people who cannot look at statistics and take away the obvious points.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, NightOne said:

 

"So if you are under 65 and have no comorbidities you have an exactly 0% chance of dying."

 

Maybe that college you attended didn't require reading comprehension.

 

I'm sure the 15 year old had other issue. Just because you don't know about them doesn't mean they did exist. 

 

Healthy young people are NOT dying from Covid.

 

I'm fully vaccinated and do not have Covid nor will Covid kill me at this point.

 

Argue the data if you think you can.

 

Show me a link where it shows that people under 65 with 0 comorbidities have not died. Just because you say so doesn’t mean it’s true. 

Edited by ReneeFLL
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NightOne said:

 

"So if you are under 65 and have no comorbidities you have an exactly 0% chance of dying."

 

Maybe that college you attended didn't require reading comprehension.

 

I'm sure the 15 year old had other issue. Just because you don't know about them doesn't mean they did exist. 

 

Healthy young people are NOT dying from Covid.

 

I'm fully vaccinated and do not have Covid nor will Covid kill me at this point.

 

Argue the data if you think you can.

 

Hmmm...there goes that diarhea of uniformed knowledge again, made without proper credentials. You are SURE the deceased 15 year old had comorbidities?  How could you be sure? Have you read his medical record?

 

Sorry to burst your little misinformation bubble, but he had absolutely no comorbidities or any underlying disease. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ReneeFLL said:

Show me a link where it shows that people under 65 with 0 comorbidities have not died. Just because you say so doesn’t mean it’s true. 

 

I literally posted the CDC link in the my earlier post but here it is again:

 

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/covid19/mortality-overview.htm

 

From "Most Frequently Listed Comorbidities with COVID-19 Deaths" section

Read the NOTE that says 94% had comorbidities and the other 6% were due to a lack of detail 

 

I don't make this stuff up. This is there for everyone to see every day.

 

However, most people choose to live in fear and listen to the same news idiots, pundits, and "experts" and don't look into anything themselves.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TMLAalum said:

 

Please do live your last year of life to the fullest!

Now that’s pure fear talking.  I already survived 14 months without a vaccine.  Now I have it.  And I still go maskless!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Missusdubbya said:

Personal ‘knowledge’ or personal opinion? (Or the loud opinion they hear and then repeat).

 

I am baffled at the people who dismiss scientific evidence when science advice adapts. 
 

Yes, well I was trying to be nice by saying knowledge when it is probably opinion (sometimes seeded by a trusted source) masquerading as knowledge. There's that phrase, "I know just enough to get me in trouble." There is a lot of research that has shown that we are our own worst risk assessors. We carry a bias that is not always well-informed that causes us to make bad decisions. For example, not a week goes by without our state patrol posting on social media that they have stopped a motorist driving in excess of 100 MPH. That driver made a risk assessment (probably a bad one) that doesn't account for public safety. Usually no one is hurt but it's just a matter of time before the odds catch up. I know from conversations here that some people are playing the odds with Covid and have decided, on their own, that the risk is low enough (to themselves) to take the chances that they take.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cured said:

Hmmm...there goes that diarhea of uniformed knowledge again, made without proper credentials. You are SURE the deceased 15 year old had comorbidities?  How could you be sure? Have you read his medical record?

 

Sorry to burst your little misinformation bubble, but he had absolutely no comorbidities or any underlying disease. 

 

You seen his medical chart? 

 

According to the CDC data such a person does not exist.

 

Covid does NOT kill healthy 15 year olds. That is a FACT.

 

Prove otherwise. (and not with my cousin's friend's Dad down the street knew a guy named BIlly Bob who said blah blah blah)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, NightOne said:

 

You seen his medical chart? 

 

According to the CDC data such a person does not exist.

 

Covid does NOT kill healthy 15 year olds. That is a FACT.

 

Prove otherwise. (and not with my cousin's friend's Dad down the street knew a guy named BIlly Bob who said blah blah blah)

Yes I seen (sic) his medical chart.

 

I find it rather amusing that in one post you say that the CDC does not know what they are doing, yet in multiple other posts, you use the CDC's statistical data as your covid bible.

 

So which is it? Is the CDC a bunch of idiots not to be believed, or do they know what they are doing and you believe their information, so much so that you link to their page each time you want to prove your point?  

 

Time to follow Mark Twain's wise advice in regards to this particular poster.🤣

 

Edited by cured
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NightOne said:

 

I literally posted the CDC link in the my earlier post but here it is again:

 

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/covid19/mortality-overview.htm

 

From "Most Frequently Listed Comorbidities with COVID-19 Deaths" section

Read the NOTE that says 94% had comorbidities and the other 6% were due to a lack of detail 

 

I don't make this stuff up. This is there for everyone to see every day.

 

However, most people choose to live in fear and listen to the same news idiots, pundits, and "experts" and don't look into anything themselves.

 

 

 

 

This is misleading because the virus by itself never causes death, it weakens our immune systems so that other conditions such as cardiac arrest or pneumonia occur.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...