Carnival Breeze: which do you prefer..

I'm having a hard time trying to decide if I want a spa balcony cabin on deck 12 or aft extended view on deck 8.  I've had an aft extended view before.  My husband loves them.  But I'm wondering if a spa cabin is worth it?  I'm afraid I won't utilize it.

Posted (edited)

Well if you like the spa this is the class to do them. Dream class has best spa cabins. There is a T pool which I'm told has salts or minerals. Some love the T pool which is rare actually.

Before someone corrects me I know that's their name. Thalosopy or something I'd have to look up. Only 3 dream class ships that have these.

I love the aft myself. 

Edited by firefly333

I have had both aft-extended and a spa cabins on the Breeze.  My preference is the spa balcony but on deck 11.  The balconies on deck 12 aren't covered.

The view from the aft-extended balconies is awesome and the extra space is awesome.  Downside is there is hardly ever a breeze.  The cabins on deck 9 get some shade from the overhang of deck 10.  These are my favorite.

Bottom line, I prefer spa balcony on deck 11.

Happy sailing.

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Well if you like the spa this is the class to do them. Dream class has best spa cabins. There is a T pool which I'm told has salts or minerals. Some love the T pool which is rare actually.

Before someone corrects me I know that's their name. Thalosopy or something I'd have to look up. Only 3 dream class ships that have these.

I love the aft myself. 

It's the Thallasotherapy Pool. Fantastic!  Also available on the Splendor. The Mardi Gras and Celebration will also have one, but the renderings do not look impressive. 😎

1 hour ago, camijo said:

I'm having a hard time trying to decide if I want a spa balcony cabin on deck 12 or aft extended view on deck 8.  I've had an aft extended view before.  My husband loves them.  But I'm wondering if a spa cabin is worth it?  I'm afraid I won't utilize it.

What month?

Just now, camijo said:

October.

I like that Aft facing option in October as it won't be unbearably hot back there.

I prefer shade and privacy anyway and would take a deck 9 aft extended if it were my choice.

The actual spa cabin itself isn't significantly different than a regular balcony cabin. The aft extended ones are.

8 minutes ago, NightOne said:

I prefer shade and privacy anyway and would take a deck 9 aft extended if it were my choice.

I said deck 8 because, 9 puts you under the lido.  Didn't know if it would too loud.

3 minutes ago, camijo said:

I said deck 8 because, 9 puts you under the lido.  Didn't know if it would too loud.

That deck 9 one has a nice shady overhang though and no one can see down on you.

We are not sensitive to noise. I've heard people talk about hearing people dragging deck chairs and the staff re-arranging them at night but I think it is not an issue to worry about.

I had a deck 8 aft extended on Magic and I talked to the guy above us on 9 and asked him about noise and he said it wasn't an issue.

6 minutes ago, NightOne said:

That deck 9 one has a nice shady overhang though and no one can see down on you.

We are not sensitive to noise. I've heard people talk about hearing people dragging deck chairs and the staff re-arranging them at night but I think it is not an issue to worry about.

I had a deck 8 aft extended on Magic and I talked to the guy above us on 9 and asked him about noise and he said it wasn't an issue.

That's great to know! Thanks!