Jump to content

Bahamas Visa and negative covid tests.


Recommended Posts

This is all about priorities. If getting on a ship is a high priority for you, none of this sounds difficult or scary. 

 

We reserved the first Crystal cruise leaving on July 3. We made our reservations about 12:30am the day they opened reservations. For us it was and is a high priority. My husband's and my spirits have been elevated ever since.  That alone is a great health tonic. 

 

I live in the boonies and just Googled "24 hour PRC testing near me" and found 3 places within a 1/2 hour drive, which here is nothing, because they are all near where we go for our weekly big shopping. 

 

My assumption is that testing will be even easier to get in June and July.  I think this is a reasonable assumption to make. If there's money to be made, and there is, more places will be doing testing.  If I have to endure a swab test (ewwww) it will be uncomfortable for a few seconds (ewwww) but I'll be on the Serenity for a week in the Bahamas. Fair trade in my mind. 

 

I have 80 or so days before I have to get the tested and things might change. I know how to use Google, I have the Bahamian Health Visa phone number. It'll work out.

 

I don't have to know today what will be needed in late June. If it's doable today, it will be doable then. Don't worry, be happy. 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cancun01 said:

I questioned about admin fees vis a vis 3.0 last week but I am still waiting for an answer. On our actual booking for 2021 and 2022 it does not mention administration fees.  However if you press on the link under the highlighted  “This reservation is subject to terms and conditions“: it reads


CANCELLATION & PENALTY FEES 


2021 - 2023 Voyages of 13 days or less 
121+ days prior to first date of service:  $100 (thru 2021) / $200 (begins 2022) Administration Fee*  

 

However  there is not a link to the Asterisk.

 

My TA’s cancellation fee is listed elsewhere and not on this document.

Under Terms and Conditions on "Sunshine and Serenity in the Bahamas" webpage it says

"Waived Admin Fee only applicable to new bookings made under Crystal’s Easy Book — All other bookings default to standard Admin fees. Program offers a limited-time reduced deposit of 15% and waives the standard per person administration fee for a full deposit refund when booking is cancelled prior to published cancellation/final payment schedules. These temporary policies may change occasionally as conditions and events evolve. All offers may not be combinable with other promotions, are capacity-controlled and subject to availability and may be withdrawn or changed at any time without notice. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 OMG confusion reigns! 😂.   Thank you for bringing this to my attention.  It is not a deal breaker but It was my understanding that admin fees were waived for any new booking for all voyages from 2021 through 2024 as long as the deposit was paid within the set parameters.  I am going by this email I received from Crystal.  There were previous identically worded emails with earlier dates as they slid the “no money down” date.  Maybe I need another coffee but what am I missing?
 

For all voyages from 2021 through 2024, enjoy an extended No Money Down deposit window through April 5, 2021 on new and existing bookings. Plus, reduced deposits of only 15 percent (normally 25 percent) and waived administration fees apply to all new bookings as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2021 at 8:14 PM, bonnieg said:

 

I would also Google "rt-pcr covid test for travel". I found plenty of local labs near me that perform this test with quick results. 

 

Looks like Vault is out of the running...must be nasal swab so saliva is OUT.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 2 Mates said:

Here is a tool, from Castlight Health, that lets you search by zip code for the nearest testing sites:

https://my.castlighthealth.com/corona-virus-testing-sites/

I hope this is helpful.

 

Most every location specifies "screening required" in that these tests are not just done on request but as a tool to diagnose sick people vs traveler testing. Be careful!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope we don’t have problem......

started checking the Covid testing we need for the Bahamas health passport. 
I phoned several pharmacies. They advised that we might have to wait three days for the results to be emailed to us. 
if we take the test on a Monday, and don’t get results until Friday, we are enroute to Bahamas in the morning. 
problem?..

sheila

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

I hope we don’t have problem......

started checking the Covid testing we need for the Bahamas health passport. 
I phoned several pharmacies. They advised that we might have to wait three days for the results to be emailed to us. 
if we take the test on a Monday, and don’t get results until Friday, we are enroute to Bahamas in the morning. 
problem?..

sheila

Unfortunately I hate to be repetitive...

CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid  etc. will not be your answer to get this test.  They have to send it out and cannot even guarantee a 3 day turn around.

 

 

 

You will either have to go to a lab or urgent care center that specializes in this and/or has an on site lab. Many of the quick labs will charge you $150-200. I have one here in Florida I use (for business travel) and they do it within 6 hours, you just have to search.

 

Presume you are in NJ in the summer and not baking like us fools in FL.

Google the search "RT PCR Test for Travel XXXX New Jersey"   Where XXX X is your city.

 

I did one for Jersey City --- 1 hour turnaround but it does cost money.

https://rapidtestingjerseycity.com/

 

Also Quest Diagnostics can do it also but times can vary.

 

Lastly Passport Health is a widely located testing and vaccination center for travelers.  Well the Yellow Fever vaccines was in short supply they were one of the few places you could find that stocked it.

 

https://www.passporthealthusa.com/locations/nj/?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=internal&utm_campaign=covid&utm_term=location-link

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, PaulMCO said:

Unfortunately I hate to be repetitive...

CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid  etc. will not be your answer to get this test.  They have to send it out and cannot even guarantee a 3 day turn around.

 

 

 

You will either have to go to a lab or urgent care center that specializes in this and/or has an on site lab. Many of the quick labs will charge you $150-200. I have one here in Florida I use (for business travel) and they do it within 6 hours, you just have to search.

 

Presume you are in NJ in the summer and not baking like us fools in FL.

Google the search "RT PCR Test for Travel XXXX New Jersey"   Where XXX X is your city.

 

I did one for Jersey City --- 1 hour turnaround but it does cost money.

https://rapidtestingjerseycity.com/

 

Also Quest Diagnostics can do it also but times can vary.

 

Lastly Passport Health is a widely located testing and vaccination center for travelers.  Well the Yellow Fever vaccines was in short supply they were one of the few places you could find that stocked it.

 

https://www.passporthealthusa.com/locations/nj/?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=internal&utm_campaign=covid&utm_term=location-link

 

 

Thanks for being repetitive!

This year we are remaining in Florida, in Palm Beach country. Do you know of a rapid testing place here?

Look forward to your answer...

sheila

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Thanks for being repetitive!

This year we are remaining in Florida, in Palm Beach country. Do you know of a rapid testing place here?

Look forward to your answer...

sheila

My daughter lives in Jupiter. Urgent Care of the Palm Beaches in North Palm Beach off of US1. Walk in or Online appts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

My daughter lives in Jupiter. Urgent Care of the Palm Beaches in North Palm Beach off of US1. Walk in or Online appts.

Just called them. Three day turnaround. That’s fine. Problem solved. Will go there. 
you are the best!

sheila

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Just called them. Three day turnaround. That’s fine. Problem solved. Will go there. 
you are the best!

sheila

Was it a RT(reverse transcription)-PCR test you inquired about? I just went on their website and only saw PCR test available. I'm also looking for a local place to do this. I left a message at passport health which Paul mentioned. This place specifically mentions rt-pcr. 

 

Paul.. Can you please give me the name of the place you are going to?

 

I wish the Bahamas health ministry would change their requirements to a PCR test or rapid test. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My Company contracts with a lab in Stuart (close to home)

https://fgstuart.com/

 

You can try ARCpoint labs -- there is one in West Palm and Del Ray.  Their web site states they do the RT PCR  with 1 day.

https://www.arcpointlabs.com/covid-viral-testing/

https://www.arcpointlabs.com/find-your-location/

 

ARCpoint Labs of West Palm Beach 5601 Corporate Way Suite 108 West Palm Beach FL 33407 United States Phone: 561-420-0010

ARCpoint Labs of Delray Beach 4989 W Atlantic Ave Delray Beach FL 33445 USA Phone: 561-576-9700

 

 

Edited by PaulMCO
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have checked with a lab. The PCR test is the RT-PCR test. I also checked with some other lab sites and if you read the Bahamas requirements, in one spot, it is referred to as the PCR test. 
If this is incorrect...please explain

thanks

sheila

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • “Negative PCR test results must be uploaded in order to complete a Bahamas Health Visa application, and must be presented upon arrival in The Bahamas.”
    This is copied from a paragraph of the testing and applying section of Bahamas requirements.
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2021 at 6:23 PM, PaulMCO said:

Just google  "Houston quick travel PCR test" and you will get several --

including the first that does an RT PCR with next day if you do it before 2pm...

 

https://emergenttesting.com/houston-covid-19-testing/

 

5 day antigen is the test you must take in the Bahamas, 5 days after arrival. It is a quick rapid test with results in 30 minutes.  It will likely be done on board ship.

 

I just wanted to say how helpful I have found your posts to be on this thread and your suggestion for the Google Searches including the world "travel" is a big help to identify places which will provide the correct test with quick turn around time.

 

Keith

Link to post
Share on other sites

What about coming back into the US? Where would we get a test after disembarking the ship? Typically we go right from the ship

to the airport. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Keith1010 said:

I just wanted to say how helpful I have found your posts to be on this thread and your suggestion for the Google Searches including the world "travel" is a big help to identify places which will provide the correct test with quick turn around time.

 

Keith

Thanks been through the confusion with several COVID restricted overseas business trips since January.

 

The other issue is the return trip and satisfying the US test requiring a test 3 days prior. Presume since Crystal has an on board lab, this test would be done on ship prior to disembarkation (day before).

The test coming back is less stringent as the US accepts the Rapid Antigen test, which gives a result in 15 minutes.

 

CDC guidance is attached which shows which test and what has to be on the test result. Being the government one must have a check list.   There is a form that all passengers will fill out attesting to the result also.

 

Airline_Testing_Order_Checklist-p.pdf

Edited by PaulMCO
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, KarimaJ said:

What about coming back into the US? Where would we get a test after disembarking the ship? Typically we go right from the ship

to the airport. 

I checked with Crystal on this fairly recently and they indicated they will coordinate the test which will be needed for return to the USA along with tests for those from other countries.

 

Keith

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm somewhat surprised that people in FLorida are having an issue finding a place to get tested with the adequate turnaround time.  I thought every COunty was doing the same tests.  I got tested a month ago - went to the County run site, had both the rapid and the RT-PCR done. Although they said it could take up to 3 days, the RT-PCR test results were sent to me 27 hours after I was swabbed.  Others I know had similar experience.   The Rapid, of course, within 15 minutes.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Bahamas Live Chat Agent 3Sheila, yes, the PCR covid nasal swab test is fine.
Is there anything else I can assist you with?
 
As you can see, I asked the question and the answer is above.
My friend’s lab work for her Bahamas test last week stated...PCR nasal swab....and it was accepted for her health visa. She had no problem when she got to Harbour Island. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2021 at 3:03 PM, 2 Mates said:

Here is a tool, from Castlight Health, that lets you search by zip code for the nearest testing sites:

https://my.castlighthealth.com/corona-virus-testing-sites/

I hope this is helpful.

I just check my zip code. Several places but 2 or 3 days wait! 
if I want to,fly Monday the 23d whwn do I take the test? Friday?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company - Celebrate Your Freedom
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...