Welcome to all of us Canadians on Cruise Critic!

CRUISINGCANUCKS99

14 hours ago, lostinparadise999 said:

. If you want to taste the real Nanaimo bar visit Nanaimo

Yes, this dessert loving family will definitely treat ourselves! Not sure yet which ferry we’ll be taking, but will be sure to book in advance.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, karebare22 said:

Yes, this dessert loving family will definitely treat ourselves! Not sure yet which ferry we’ll be taking, but will be sure to book in advance.

You may want to check out the Tsawassen to Duke Point (Nanaimo) route as opposed to the Horseshoe Bay to Departure Bay Route. The Tsawwassen terminal is much better than Horseshow bay for access and parking. If you have any Vancouver Island questions feel free to ask.

• Like 2

Good morning from the Right Coast.  I have been back to nosing around cruise critic for a few weeks, having just booked a December cruise, and came across this Board.  With the current world situation its more useful then ever for us Canadians to be sharing our recent experiences as cruising restarts. 

I am a Princess loyalist - once you get the free laundry it's hard to go elsewhere!  Booked on a B2B2B on the Regal Princess.  My second cruise over Xmas (2019 on Regal as well) and my first cruise over New Years. 

Looking forward to reading your incites. 

Don from Halifax

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How ya’ doin’ from the east coast? Had to cancel 2020 cruise like most others, now scheduled for April 2022. Looking forward to it as it is our first TA and longest to date (21 days).

Cheers from NB.

Guess I'm a little late to the party.  Great to see a forum for Canadians!  (and anyone else).  We're in Winnipeg.  I don't usually come to CC unless we have a cruise planned, but given the craziness of the past year and a half, it's nice just to begin thinking of one again.  We are fully vaccinated and ready to go!

On 7/4/2021 at 2:18 AM, Rockit said:

How ya’ doin’ from the east coast? Had to cancel 2020 cruise like most others, now scheduled for April 2022. Looking forward to it as it is our first TA and longest to date (21 days).

Cheers from NB.

Cheers from the wet coast although it hasn't been very wet here lately. We will be on your end of the country in September next year.

Just found this and happy there is a section for Canadians.   Read the first 10 pages and I was getting tired of the politics of the vaccinations  and borders etc.   Decided to skip to the last page  so I could read other topics. 

We have a cruise booked for November that departs from Fort Lauderdale and we are concerned about the rules for cruisers and having to be vaccinated etc.     We want to cruise if all passengers and crew have to be vaccinated.  We have had both our vaccinations and hope the cruise happens.   We will be 4 star Mariners with HAL and now we get free laundry so that will be a nice perk.   The cruise is 21 days so having free laundry will help with packing less.

• 2 weeks later...

I, too, am late to realize that there is a forum just for us Can cruisers, but it is a great idea. I have stuck to the forums for the cruise lines that I have booked in the past, but I will visit here regularly now. I just read the whole 10 pages even the ones that got bogged down in vaccine discussion. One last word: Canada needs to get facilities to manufacture our own drugs, such as we used to have before globalization, and never again have to go begging foreign gov'ts for vaccines. I'll vote for any political party that gets on that. 

I got the cruising bug in 2009 when I was talked into going on a 7 day Caribbean to celebrate my retirement, and the only thing I found to criticize was that it was too short. Since then we have stuck to Celebrity, but I am willing to try others, especially river cruises. We have optimistically booked 3 for 2022, and I can't wait to board my first RC in Feb in Cape Liberty, which my son-in-law will drive us to. I will be interested to hear how those of you who are booked for this year make out. As for this year, we will be visiting Vancouver in Sept and boarding the "Rocky Mountaineer" as part of a tour that will end in Edmonton, flying home from there. Got to get travelling again!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

It's great to see so many people finding our Canadian page. Welcome to you all, I haven't been here since page 2. We are booked on Sky Princess, for the end of January, and we are still hoping there is smooth sailing (pun intended), on the protocols front, until then. We don't have final payment until October so we will see if things go uphill or downhill between now and then. We are also both fully vaxed (with the same vaccine) and ready to travel.

We are soooo looking forward to getting away.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CRUISINGCANUCKS99 said:

It's great to see so many people finding our Canadian page. Welcome to you all, I haven't been here since page 2. We are booked on Sky Princess, for the end of January, and we are still hoping there is smooth sailing (pun intended), on the protocols front, until then. We don't have final payment until October so we will see if things go uphill or downhill between now and then. We are also both fully vaxed (with the same vaccine) and ready to travel.

We are soooo looking forward to getting away.

We are booked on Celebrity Millennium in Feb 2022 & it was a great price way back when but right now in Ontario I’m not sure it’s a go but we have until Nov to get things better. Sure looking forward to cruising.

• Like 1

I am also pleased to see a place for Canadians to discuss cruising. We had to cancel a booking (or rather it was cancelled) and it seemed discouraging whether or when cruising would resume. We have a booking for October 2022 (Vancouver-Hawaii-Vancouver) on Holland America. We have a number of friends who liked HA.

I would like to see cruises that go from Canada's west coast to Canada's east coast with some stops along the way. We took a cruise to Hawaii from Vancouver and the large number of Canadian passengers seemed to change the tone somewhat. Thanksgiving happened during the cruise and Princess made extra effort to celebrate with Turkey dinners and a huge Canadian flag in the lobby.

1 minute ago, CalgaryMac said:

I would like to see cruises that go from Canada's west coast to Canada's east coast with some stops along the way. We took a cruise to Hawaii from Vancouver and the large number of Canadian passengers seemed to change the tone somewhat. Thanksgiving happened during the cruise and Princess made extra effort to celebrate with Turkey dinners and a huge Canadian flag in the lobby.

That sounds like a great idea now if we could only convince a cruise line to do it!

• Like 1

On 5/7/2021 at 8:16 PM, Blackduck59 said:

I think it is quite logical to avoid inviting the virus into our country from an area that is a raging hot spot. I also think that those people who choose to purposely circumvent the health precautions that are in place to keep try and stabilize our Canadian infection rate are very selfish. We seem to finally be able to get a large number of vaccinations per day and the supply of vaccine seems to be keeping up.

There needs to be more limitations on Americans if we want to select countries that are experiencing high rates of spread. No country seems to be spared so best to get vaccines spread as widely as possible.

• Like 2