Specialty Restaurant Prices

Teppanyaki has been $39 for quite some time -

Since there have been no recent cruises no telling what the bill will be at NCL check-out.

Always have burned the Specialty dinners at Teppanyaki and Cagney's - no extra charge.

Maybe Le Bistro has raised - but Moderno La Cucina and not in the same class of dining

warranting a price increase - but then the whole Specialty dining theme maybe in for a

adjustment.

On the biggie - AWAY and AWAY + class ships there are other restaurants that may have

or will have price adjustment when cruising resumes.

Hard to gauge anything since it has been over a year without oars into test the waters.

3 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Always have burned the Specialty dinners at Teppanyaki and Cagney's - no extra charge.

Maybe Le Bistro has raised - but Moderno La Cucina and not in the same class of dining

We haven't done any specialty dining, but if we go on some cruises early next year, 3 or 4 times specialty dining will be included.   So you're saying Teppanyaki and Cagney's are best.  Then Le Bistro and Moderno La Cucina.  Well if we get 4 (11day cruise), we can try all 4.  If we get 3 (10d cruise) I guess we can try the first three.

4 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

warranting a price increase - but then the whole Specialty dining theme maybe in for a

adjustment.

Funny I feel exactly the opposite, I can't eat at Teppanyaki because it is loud and I can't enjoy my dinner while the chefs are busying trying to get your attention and get reactions out of you, and while I like Cagney's my 2 favorites are....you guessed it Moderno and La Cucina.

What I would say to the OP is to try them all and then go with what you like.  Lot's of folks will try to turn you away from certain places but at the end of the day you have to make the decision yourself.

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, step78 said:

Teppanyaki was €39 in 2019 (Baltic)... maybe $39 for US-Cruisers?

I erroneously responded to your post.  sorry, meant for dexddd

Edited by WarfRatWA
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, dexddd said:

Did I miss it or did they jack up Moderno and Teppanyaki to $39 pp recently?  I'd have to check the ala carte.

woops..responded to wrong poster.

Yes they did.  Good catch.

I only know this because a month or so ago, I was doing the math in regards to purchasing an additional 3 day specialty dining package and I used a spreadsheet to make the determination.  I recorded Teppanyaki at $29.95 on my spreadsheet.  I just looked now at our next cruise and they now list Teppanyaki at $39.00.  So you're right!

That said, if you want to get the most bang for your buck from a purchased 3 meal specialty dining package, Ocean Blue, Cagney's and Le Bistro are the way to go (at least in my very unscientific analysis).  I did the analysis for the NCL Joy, so no Moderno

Edited by WarfRatWA