New "Have It All" Promotion

Crazy For Cats

This announcement just crossed my FB feed.  I will have to check pricing after it starts next week.

Holland America Line is launching a new “Have It All” premium package that includes shore excursions, beverages, specialty dining and Wi-Fi in the ticket price, offering a new all-inclusive experience. 

Available year-round on all itineraries six days or longer except Grand Voyages, “Have It All” is valued at $99 per guest, per day, for a seven-day cruise, and “Have it All” cruise fares represent savings of 50% or more off the included amenities compared to purchasing them individually, the company said, in a press release.

Have it All” fares will be available for booking April 21, 2021.

“We conducted extensive research with experienced cruisers and travel partners to understand what they find most valuable when purchasing a cruise and the results overwhelmingly pointed toward one simple fare that included our top amenities,” said Gus Antorcha, president of Holland America Line. “Our past promotions that offered these perks have been extremely popular, so we created a premium package that is available all the time and on nearly all our cruises.”

“Have It All” also includes four high-value extras in the fare with more amenities as the length of cruise increase.

Cruises of 6 to 9 days:

• One shore excursion up to $100 value or $100 off any one tour for all guests in a stateroom. 
  • Signature Beverage Package for all guests in a stateroom. Enjoy a large selection of wine, beer, spirits, cocktails, soda, coffee and more. Up to 15 drinks per day allowed, and bar service charges are included.  
  • One night of specialty dining for all guests in a stateroom.
  • A Wi-Fi package for the first and second guests in a stateroom.

Cruises of 10 to 20 days: 

• All of the extras included in the package for six- to nine-day cruises, plus an additional $100 shore excursion or tour credit ($200 per guest total)

When guests book a Holland America Line cruise, the "Have It All" fare is presented as an option with the included perks already factored into the price across all stateroom and suite categories. 

The company said that those who prefer to cruise without all of the extras have the option of a standard fare when making a booking. Each guest in a stateroom must book the "Have it All" cruise fare to receive the extras

The link to the article:  https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/24795-holland-america-line-includes-alcohol-and-more-amenities-in-base-fare.html?fbclid=IwAR3QnXMet3aaRsIRUX-7mfnjDCfvYhS1VydSbb-heOehq68IvPcJecNOxxo

• Like 3

The big miss here is not including gratuities like Princess does with "Princess+" and Celebrity with "Always Included".  Also no mention of if this will be a flat cost per guest/day differential like Princess+ is or whether the amount per guest/day will vary by individual sailing/category.  It will be interesting to see how this plays out

• Like 6

I have been looking at 3 cruises for 2022/2023 - 7 days, 10 days and 11 days - and waiting for a good promo to book.

Using the most recent HAL prices, at $99 per guest per day, the "Have It All" promo cost is $60, $70 or $100 more per person. Of course the most recent prices are over a year old, so this may not hold true once sailing begins.

Since the value to us of most items is less than what HAL figures, we'll probably not be taking advantage of this promotion. We normally share one Surf Wi-Fi plan and our TA gives us dinners in Pinnacle Grill and Canaletto. We also do not take full advantage of the Signature Beverage Package, so we value it at a lot less.

Do wish it included HSC, that's a big included perk for us. In the past, we have taken advantage of some promos because the added cost was less than what we valued the perks.

I know some of the older forum members remember the discussions on cruise forums about how the cruise lines would "Nickle and Dime" us while all the time wishing they would come up with an all inclusive package.. I guess it took 2 decades but they are finally coming around! hahaha

Joseph

• Like 7

For me it's a "no go" without included gratuities .. I personally would never buy the beverage package in the past, so why with out paid gratuities would I pony up and extra $99.00 a day for the marginally valuable/important internet and maybe a couple of drinks during the entire cruise.

Also IMO the single shore excursion is a joke at a $100.00 truthfully, when was the last time you picked a HAL  $100.00 excursion as your first choice off the excursion list ? 

Unlike Princess or Celebrity's straight forward valuable all included packages , this like the View & Veranda promo comes off as a  money grab by HAL who appears to be the only winner with this promo 

Edited by srpilo
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, srpilo said:

For me it's a "no go" without included gratuities .. I personally would never buy the beverage package in the past, so why with out paid gratuities would I pony up and extra $99.00 a day for the marginally valuable/important internet and maybe a couple of drinks during the entire cruise.

I don't think the charge is $99 a day -it's "value" is by Holland's definition  as $99/day. I thought that initially as well - which would be outta wack...the phrasing is ...

“Have It All” is valued at $99 per guest, per day,

and it remains to be seen yet (until next week) but they will charge for the package.

• Like 1

At least HAL includes gratuities (and bottled water) on the beverage package.  NCL adds a $20 per day tip on their promo beverage package, which does not include bottled water.  Several years back Celebrity announced it was going to charge for gratuities on its promo beverage package, but quickly backtracked after an uproar.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rodndonna said:

I don't think the charge is $99 a day -it's "value" is by Holland's definition  as $99/day. I thought that initially as well - which would be outta wack...the phrasing is ...

“Have It All” is valued at $99 per guest, per day,

and it remains to be seen yet (until next week) but they will charge for the package.

It says the savings will be 50 percent or more, so the cost should be $50 or less.

• Like 1

I wonder if the per person price will be the same for a solo or will I be charged double for it like the current "View and Verandah" type promos.  When charged double, the cost for a solo is more than the "value" of those perks so I have always just paid the base price and added the beverage package separately.

~Nancy

• Like 2

I'd FAR rather they included gratuities than the shore excursion credits, but obviously HAL marketing/revenue feel this better fits their business model going forward.

On a devils advocate note - with gratuity NOT included in the offering they, and travel agents, can continue to offer it as a limited time booking perk when/if they wanted

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KAKcruiser said:

Solos used to be charged double for promos like View & Verandah but recently they have only issued a single charge for the promo portion.  I was very happy to see this change.

Wow, thanks for letting me know!  I'll have to look at that when I book my next trip.  After five cancelled cruises I have decided to wait until cruising actually starts to book again.  

~Nancy

• Like 1

For our cruise in July 2022 our TA included gratuities we don't drink enough to pay for a drink package and water you can get at any bar on the ship or from any tap for free why pay for water?

Interesting that HAL is now promoting shore excursions in its packages (much more than in the past).  While this may be a good move for them (offering high markup items), it often is not for us, even though we do take HAL excursions a fair amount of the time.  

For example, on our next cruise we are primarily stopping at private resort islands, which we have been to before, so we very likely will not be taking ANY shore excursions.

Same goes for the Internet package - we seldom use it now with our good cell phone coverage plan, so not worth much to us.

Even the drink package is not worth anywhere near the "value" HAL places on it, to us anyway.

I know, we can take the fare only plan, and we likely will.

2 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

Interesting that HAL is now promoting shore excursions in its packages (much more than in the past).  While this may be a good move for them (offering high markup items), it often is not for us, even though we do take HAL excursions a fair amount of the time.  

I thought it interesting, too, that they added Shore Excursions to a Package.  My thoughts were maybe because they weren't going to allow anyone to do Independent Shore Excursions or go off the Ship on their own (at least not for awhile).  🤔

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, idiebabe said:

I thought it interesting, too, that they added Shore Excursions to a Package.  My thoughts were maybe because they weren't going to allow anyone to do Independent Shore Excursions or go off the Ship on their own (at least not for awhile).  🤔

My thoughts exactly.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, idiebabe said:

Haven't all the previous promo's had a 10% discount on excursions? Depending on the itinerary,10% discount  might be a better benefit for  folks who do a number of ship based excursions (especially for something like Alaska)

My thoughts were it was more beneficial to the 'one of' ship excursion people (we fall in that category).

1 hour ago, rodndonna said:

Haven't all the previous promo's had a 10% discount on excursions? Depending on the itinerary,10% discount  might be a better benefit for  folks who do a number of ship based excursions (especially for something like Alaska)

My thoughts were it was more beneficial to the 'one of' ship excursion people (we fall in that category).

I have seen that offered, but not within any promos we've had.   We have 4 bookings with good promos now with HAL and none of them have discounted shore excursions. I would much rather have gratuities covered.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

I have seen that offered, but not within any promos we've had.   We have 4 bookings with good promos now with HAL and none of them have discounted shore excursions. I would much rather have gratuities covered.

Us, too, on the Grats especially on a longer Cruise!  My Have It All on a Cruise I booked on 2/27 for August, 2022 doesn't include the Discount on Ship Excursions but includes Grats, Bev Pkg and Dining Package.  

• Like 3