The Daily for Friday Apr 16, 2021

richwmn

1 hour ago, HAL4NOW said:

Is this a texture thing, Roy?

I prefer to have most food without fungus, and I find olives to have a similar texture to mushrooms and have never really liked them either. Although, I enjoy a good pizza with olives and/or mushrooms if it has enough other toppings to distract my mouth.

My DD, a  known  mushroom disliker(?),told  me  it  is  the  texture  of  the  fungi  that  drives  her away.

• Like 9

22 minutes ago, kazu said:

Wow!  Thanks kindly for all the good wishes @summer slope, @StLouisCruisers, @cat shepard, @ger_77, @Horizon chaser 1957, @Quartzsite Cruiser, @JazzyV, @cruzn single

They must have worked as the implants have completely healed and I am good to go.  In a bit of pain from the final minor surgery but it will fade quickly.  @St. Louis Salit was helpful hearing your story yesterday 👍 

I’ll definitely be doing some bean counting to pay for today’s procedure and plan for the final finish in June 😉 

But today I am...

094E3247-DA8C-4E8F-B000-BAEAE93DDDC8.gif.d503a84742fdea3ff2abe8b2e0a5143b.gif

Great news Jacqui!

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, kazu said:

Wow!  Thanks kindly for all the good wishes @summer slope, @StLouisCruisers, @cat shepard, @ger_77, @Horizon chaser 1957, @Quartzsite Cruiser, @JazzyV, @cruzn single

They must have worked as the implants have completely healed and I am good to go.  In a bit of pain from the final minor surgery but it will fade quickly.  @St. Louis Salit was helpful hearing your story yesterday 👍 

I’ll definitely be doing some bean counting to pay for today’s procedure and plan for the final finish in June 😉 

But today I am...

Wonderful that everything went so well.

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, kazu said:

But today I am...

What  a  relief! Glad  to  hear  it          Terry

• Like 6

Thank you Rich for the Daily. I have been running around like a crazy person the past few days and missed alot of posts. 

Great news Jacqui on your healing. Roy you are in my prayers. Sending love and hugs to my sisters. Denise must be having a "hula va" time in Maui. The weather looks beautiful. 

A bit of good/bad. All the plants were finally in yesterday. The windows finally got washed yesterday. All in time for a huge thunderstorm and pelting rain on every window. AND I left a bedroom window open and the chair and nightstand got soaked. The tender plants were bent over and soggy.:classic_sad:

So.. I LOVE mushrooms and make them all the time. Mushroom soup is my favorite. I like eggs Benedict but without bread. The chicken with olives.. no. We were in London 3 years ago and spent a week touring. Liked Liverpool and we walked across the zebra crossing near our flat in Marylebone. 

Wishing y'all a lovely weekend. Prayers, Cheers and Peace.

• Like 20

Good morning everyone!  Thank you for the Daily Rich and thank you for your lists Roy. 

@kazu  I am very behind telling you that I’m thinking and praying for good results with your dental appointment today and now see that you posted all went well. Such great news!!  So much happens here when you miss a day and a half of posts. 

I love mushrooms and Eggs Benedict and olives, just not all together. 😉 I occasionally make Eggs Benedict at home and it is always a favorite on board a BHB but I always order a half order. 

We have not been to today’s port. We’ve only been to the London airport to change planes. I would love to do a British Isles cruise someday. And the Beatles museum really looks like fun. 

Even though I love olives I’m going to pass on the meal suggestion. My plan is to make a Potato Torte with a ham steak. The Potato Torte makes the best leftovers. 

@Vict0riann and @kazu your Chicken with Artichokes Bake looks really yummy. Jacqui, did you cook your mushrooms first before adding them to the sauce mixture?

@rafinmd I know your doctors will have the best solution for you. Please remember you are in my thoughts and prayers. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 19

53 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

A friend posted this on FB, so I thought I'd share it here.  I'm sure we've all had days like this over the past year . . .Yesterday.jpg.0fa89bc6f22c5ff6176b0e425caebcd8.jpg

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

That’s perfect!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Jacqui, did you cook your mushrooms first before adding them to the sauce mixture?

Yes, I did.  I cooked both the mushroom and onions first.  

• Like 6

@rafinmd and @richwmn Thank you for another TGI Friday Daily.

I don't like the fruit olives, but really like them when squeezed and the resulting oil mixed with some Balsamico de Modena and poured generously over a salad.  Love mopping up the left overs with bread.

@rafinmd sincerely trust that your medical team can decide on a successful treatment for you.

@kazu happy that your implants are successful.

I have tried to remember how many times I have been to Liverpool, but it is impossible.  Probably around 20 times.  Living in Belfast and having many family members living in UK, we used the overnight ferry from Belfast to Liverpool many times.  Reminiscing today of smells!  The smell of the docks, the smell of Lime Street railway station.  Horses, straw, superheated steam.  My last visit to Liverpool was 1968 to go to a concert in the Liverpool Empire with Sam & Dave,  Lee Dorsey, Eddie Floyd etc.  Took the ferry from Belfast on Saturday night, went to the two shows (matinee and evening show), took the ferry back to Belfast on Sunday night and went to straight to work on Monday morning.  aaah the energy!

• Like 22

I do enjoy mushrooms.  In our area we have chanterelle mushrooms available for picking in the Spring.  Been a couple of years since I have hunted them, though.  I have a kind of irritating eye procedure this afternoon.  Every four weeks I have a shot in my left eye for wet macular degeneration.  Been doing it for more than a year and not sure it is improving, but definitely not getting worse.  The shot itself doesn't hurt much, but the antiseptic they use (betadine) doesn't get fully flushed out and will be irritating for a few hours.  DW is cooking salmon tonight, so it will be a white wine with dinner.

• Like 19

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Yes, I did.  I cooked both the mushroom and onions first.  

Okay I’m going to try this next week. This definitely sounds like a chicken dish that I might like, nice and saucy. Thank you to you both for the suggestion. 

• Like 8

😉It's been 10 years since we were in Liverpool for the day off the Crown Princess.🛳️ My husband and I just bought our own tickets from the The Beatles Story Museum when we arrived and loved the whole story about their rise in music.🎵 We did stop at the historical Royal Albert Dock, too. I'd like to go back someday without the rain, LOL! ☂️

FB_IMG_1618601702206.jpg

FB_IMG_1618595180973.jpg

• Like 21

7 hours ago, ger_77 said:

I know I'm in the minority here, but whenever there's an olive in a dish, the flavour seems to permeate throughout the entire dish. 

I'm with you.  I can eat most anything but I have never developed a taste for Olives and I find they are overpowering.

• Like 9

Just to show the difference in tastes - one of our starting tapas in Spain and other Mediterranean countries is OLIVES.  They are so delicious there.

We love them especially the really good ones.

• Like 15

Sea day #1 and #2 on Amsterdam while heading south between Hong Kong and Phu My, Vietnam. Nice smooth ocean/South China Sea, Chinese hitch hikers; SAFCOM meeting in the upper dining room at 0930 hrs, this time incl. a nice cake made by the pastry chef for a SAFCOM member's birthday, plus an Indonesian lunch in the Lido incl. Sate Ayam in peanut sauce, fried rice, Krupuk, beef Sumatra and other delicacies from the islands; Enak Sekali! / Delicious! SAFCOM stands for safety committee. This is a group of mostly managers led by the staff captain with minutes taken by the safety officer (one of the 'deckies"), who deal with everything safety-related  on the ship, in this case Amsterdam, and meets on a monthly basis. Just about every ship's department is represented and it's up to the SECO (security officer), who investigates and documents all shipboard accidents (pax and crew) to present those accidents (in synopsis form) to the committee and look for #1, trends, and #2, if those particular accidents can be avoided in the future. The SAFCOM meetings take about one hour.   

075.JPG

071.JPG

073.JPG

074.JPG

069.JPG

070.JPG

072.JPG

1229_w.gif

Edited by Copper10-8
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone.

I'm heading out to the pool very shortly, so I'll get right to the point.   Today's meal has mostly good comments.  One commenter mentioned that it was too salty.   I guess that could be the case given all the olives pictured.  I'd probably use some black olives as well.  And chicken breasts.   @Cruising-along this is one for us because of the low carbs.

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/skillet-chicken-with-olives/

1 serving (calculated without capers): 237 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 571mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat.

Chicken skillet with olives.jpg

16 minutes ago, bennybear said:

@kazu.  glad the implants were successful,  perhaps we should specify dental😉🤷‍♀️

thanks Brenda.  You have no idea how relieved I am and exhausted from shaking in the chair for two hours.  But it’s done.  and the pain is starting to subside, thankfully.

• Like 14

1 minute ago, kazu said:

thanks Brenda.  You have no idea how relieved I am and exhausted from shaking in the chair for two hours.  But it’s done.  and the pain is starting to subside, thankfully.

Time for a nice glass of wine or at least a cup of tea.  It’s always good to get things over! 

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Time for a nice glass of wine or at least a cup of tea.  It’s always good to get things over! 

Tea is too hot and will aggravate my stitches so I guess I have to stick to wine 😂 and 🥂 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1