The Daily for Friday Apr 16, 2021

richwmn

19 minutes ago, kazu said:

Tea is too hot and will aggravate my stitches so I guess I have to stick to wine 😂 and 🥂 

When I had my dental implant surgery, the dental surgeon suggested using warm salt water the next day to rinse my mouth to help relieve the pain from the stiches and from the shots.  Just rinsing once or twice did the trick.  And just barely warm water did not bother the area with stitches. The day it was done, I was only supposed to have cold liquids.  I think wine counts.

This is just a suggestion, as we all have to listen to our dentist and our bodies to know what is best.

I know the relief of getting though these procedures and having it behind you.  Enjoy your wine.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 14

29 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

When I had my dental implant surgery, the dental surgeon suggested using warm salt water the next day to rinse my mouth to help relieve the pain from the stiches and from the shots.  Just rinsing once or twice did the trick.  And just barely warm water did not bother the area with stitches. The day it was done, I was only supposed to have cold liquids.  I think wine counts.

This is just a suggestion, as we all have to listen to our dentist and our bodies to know what is best.

I know the relief of getting though these procedures and having it behind you.  Enjoy your wine.

Lenda

Thanks Lenda 🙂 

My periodontist said I should be fine with that and my water pick.  I can’t floss the area for a week because of the stitches.  

I’m a pro at the water pick now after 4 months of this so I did it very gently.

And, I am enjoying my wine 😉.  I figured it was well deserved and it has a soothing feeling on the stitches.

I’ll take take the minor pain happily knowing that it was a success.  I finally stopped shaking an hour ago 😉 

I thank you all for your prayers, hopes and kindness.  There was a lot of money invested in this and if it failed, I would have been devastated.

Many thanks for all of you for understanding my concern, worries and fears.

Tomorrow I’ll be a good doobie again 😉 

• Like 18

49 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks Lenda 🙂 

My periodontist said I should be fine with that and my water pick.  I can’t floss the area for a week because of the stitches.  

I’m a pro at the water pick now after 4 months of this so I did it very gently.

And, I am enjoying my wine 😉.  I figured it was well deserved and it has a soothing feeling on the stitches.

I’ll take take the minor pain happily knowing that it was a success.  I finally stopped shaking an hour ago 😉 

I thank you all for your prayers, hopes and kindness.  There was a lot of money invested in this and if it failed, I would have been devastated.

Many thanks for all of you for understanding my concern, worries and fears.

Tomorrow I’ll be a good doobie again 😉 

Glad the surgery went well and is OVER. Wam salt water is always a help with dental procedures, but nothing beats a glass of wine for comfort. 😂

Speaking of wine, I met my friend for lunch, such a wonderful time. We shared some wine and I explained about my friends online with Cruise Critic and we offered a toast to all of you. 

Continue to take care,

St Louis Sal

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, St. Louis Sal said:

Glad the surgery went well and is OVER. Wam salt water is always a help with dental procedures, but nothing beats a glass of wine for comfort. 😂

Speaking of wine, I met my friend for lunch, such a wonderful time. We shared some wine and I explained about my friends online with Cruise Critic and we offered a toast to all of you. 

Continue to take care,

St Louis Sal

Isn't it wonderful to be getting out and seeing people a bit again!  Something we always took for granted.  I have a friend from high school who for many, many years I've met once a month for lunch.  I have trouble driving distances, so she drives the 60 miles and then I treat for the lunch.  We haven't seen each other for over a year, but next week it's game on again.  And it was so sweet...the restaurant where we meet saw our reservation and sent an email welcoming us back.  They are just getting back on their feet, too.

Happy days 😍

• Like 15

4 hours ago, kazu said:

Just to show the difference in tastes - one of our starting tapas in Spain and other Mediterranean countries is OLIVES.  They are so delicious there.

We love them especially the really good ones.

Those are really good.  I think because they aren't the briny ones we have.  The taste is totally different.

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, Overhead Fred said:

And the alcohol in the wine will have beneficial disinfectant properties!

Great minds.  I was going to say the same thing.   

Many moons ago when I had my wisdom teeth out I had ice cream drinks.  Vanilla ice cream with kalua, etc.  I got the pain relief from the ice cream and alcohol while disinfecting the area as well.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

A late Happy Friday to all! I'm looking forward to this weekend because DS is coming to visit from Iowa! We haven't seen him in person  since Christmas 2019! Unfortunately, he's visiting because DH is back in the hospital, which is delaying the start of his new cancer treatment yet again. Sigh! Stay well, everyone!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Thanks for the daily reports, photos and humour.

Visited Liverpool when we lived in England, attended the wedding of friends in Liverpool Cathedral.

A sunny day here, but a cool wind.

@NextOnevery best wishes for your husband to be discharged from hospital very soon.  Are you permitted to visit him in Hospital?

Take care everyone.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, kazu said:

Wow!  Thanks kindly for all the good wishes @summer slope, @StLouisCruisers, @cat shepard, @ger_77, @Horizon chaser 1957, @Quartzsite Cruiser, @JazzyV, @cruzn single

They must have worked as the implants have completely healed and I am good to go.  In a bit of pain from the final minor surgery but it will fade quickly.  @St. Louis Salit was helpful hearing your story yesterday 👍 

I’ll definitely be doing some bean counting to pay for today’s procedure and plan for the final finish in June 😉 

But today I am...

094E3247-DA8C-4E8F-B000-BAEAE93DDDC8.gif.d503a84742fdea3ff2abe8b2e0a5143b.gif

Thank you for letting us know your wonderful  news, am really pleased for you.

Hope you have plenty of wine in the house.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, NextOne said:

A late Happy Friday to all! I'm looking forward to this weekend because DS is coming to visit from Iowa! We haven't seen him in person  since Christmas 2019! Unfortunately, he's visiting because DH is back in the hospital, which is delaying the start of his new cancer treatment yet again. Sigh! Stay well, everyone!

Praying for a speedy release.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, erewhon said:

@NextOnevery best wishes for your husband to be discharged from hospital very soon.  Are you permitted to visit him in Hospital?

Thank you. I was allowed to be with him in the ER -- 9 hours before he was admitted -- and for an hour to get him settled after he was moved. Today I got in because we met with the Palliative Care team. Don't know about tomorrow or Sunday - that's up to the hospital. After that, we can rely on the PC team to get us access. Complicated!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

As always a bit late to responding.Was really nice here on the Oregon coast today. 77 degrees on our deck earlier this evening.  But way too dry.  Fire warnings already.  We need rain! 
have a great weekend everyone.  
Thanks for all the news, and updates. 
Stay well and safe! 

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, NextOne said:

Thank you. I was allowed to be with him in the ER -- 9 hours before he was admitted -- and for an hour to get him settled after he was moved. Today I got in because we met with the Palliative Care team. Don't know about tomorrow or Sunday - that's up to the hospital. After that, we can rely on the PC team to get us access. Complicated!

It will be such a blessing to have your son there with you for support during this challenge.  It makes so much difference!  Sending prayers for you and your family.  Stay strong!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NextOne said:

Sorry your DH is back in the hospital.  Hope he’s back home soon.  Enjoy your visit with your DS.

Lenda

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NextOne said:

I will keep your husband and your family in my prayers.  At least you will have your son with you. Stay safe and here’s hoping for the best.

Terri

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, erewhon said:

Thank you for letting us know your wonderful  news, am really pleased for you.

Hope you have plenty of wine in the house.

Thank you.  While I wasn’t up to much after the procedure, I did pick up some wine 😉 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, NextOne said:

Oh no 😔 So Sorry to hear that your DH is back in the hospital.  I hope it is a very short stay and he recovers quickly to start his new treatment. 🙏🏻 

So glad your son is with you during this difficult time.  

Ron and you are in our prayers 🙏🏻 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 4/16/2021 at 8:33 AM, cunnorl said:

Good Morning Everyone from a warm and cloudy day at the beach.

Interesting quote. Been to England but not Liverpool.

This weekend will be interesting here. The big Air show will be taking place. Although I do enjoy air shows, not sure I agree it should be held now. So we have gathered all supplies and will stay put. Not going to venture out. Just tooo many people. We can watch safely from our patio. Just look up!

Off to water aerobics this am, then home.

Stay safe and enjoy today

The air show in Fl where we use to live drove me nuts.  They would be there days before (I think the Blue Angels) and be flying over our home for a few days.  One time they came so close over the condo I could see all bottom of the plane so clear.  We lived not far from you in Indian Harbour Beach.   They were so loud.  Nice to watch, but I always prayed for their safety.

• Like 4

Cunnori,

Was that plane that went down in the ocean in Cocoa Beach from your air show?  The new said it was from a air show.

https://www.wesh.com/article/cocoa-beach-plane-water-air-show/36153004#

https://www.theledger.com/story/news/2021/04/17/air-show-plane-makes-soft-water-landing-near-patrick/7269612002/

Edited by geocruiser
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, NextOne said:

Thanks for your reply.

Hope you will be able to visit regularly.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, geocruiser said:

The air show in Fl where we use to live drove me nuts.  They would be there days before (I think the Blue Angels) and be flying over our home for a few days.  One time they came so close over the condo I could see all bottom of the plane so clear.  We lived not far from you in Indian Harbour Beach.   They were so loud.  Nice to watch, but I always prayed for their safety.

Yes it was from the Cocoa Air Show. He landed in the water by Patrick Air Force (sorry Space Force) Base. They were very lucky no one was hurt, as there were a lot of people on the beach and in the water. You would not be happy as we live just west of Indian Harbor Beach on the main land and besides the planes we have had helicopters flying over head for three days every four to five minutes. I timed them yesterday. They are flying right above the trees. I am not sure if it is because of the air show or has something to do with the crew rocket launch later this week. And yes they can be very loud at times.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Lcubed said:

Yes it was from the Cocoa Air Show. He landed in the water by Patrick Air Force (sorry Space Force) Base. They were very lucky no one was hurt, as there were a lot of people on the beach and in the water. You would not be happy as we live just west of Indian Harbor Beach on the main land and besides the planes we have had helicopters flying over head for three days every four to five minutes. I timed them yesterday. They are flying right above the trees. I am not sure if it is because of the air show or has something to do with the crew rocket launch later this week. And yes they can be very loud at times.

You are right , I would not like it.

We were on Regal Princess March 2019 when the ship made a u-turn to go back and search for a small plane that went down in the Eastern Caribbean.  We were on our way to St Thomas, if I remember correctly.  It was around lunch time because I was at the buffet.  The Captain came over the loud speakers with a "man over board"  Started giving all kinds of orders to the staff and crew.  He changed course and was going back from where we came it looked like.  After he was on his way and orders were in place, he came back on the loud speaker and told us what had happen.  He said that they use "man over board when anyone is in the water."  I never saw anything like this.  About 45 minutes later to a hour he brought the ship a safe distance to where they were in the water.  Both men were safe and not hurt.  Their small plane had a parachute. So their landing in the water was better for them.  They were in a life raft.  Then a airplane came and was circling them and us.  Both men gave a interview on Princess TV after they went to medical.  They were let off in St. Thomas. The job that the Captain and staff and crew did was amazing! 

• Like 2