A FUN FOOD AND DRINK THREAD

I thought I would start a fun thread that would help out all of us cruisers that can't wait to get back on a ship and those new to Crystal cruises.

What are your favorite dishes and/or drinks on Crystal? Pictures would be appreciated but not necessary.

1 hour ago, islandchick said:

Tried to view your attachment but can't. 

Sorry it was a short video of the Prego carpaccio that doesn't want to upload properly.

1 minute ago, Texas Tillie said:

Hadn’t they discontinued the Nobu Box at Umi Uma?? 

Yes they have - but I believe you can still order the three components separately on request 

I’m smiling at the irony that most of the favourites posted so far are no longer offered in the format that has been posted or the venue no longer exists 

5 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

Hadn’t they discontinued the Nobu Box at Umi Uma?? 

Patty

I was not aware.  Photo is from my 2017 Serenity cruise.  The soup was fabulous also.  Hoping that still exists....

378B6676-39B0-4AE2-A120-1F9A61ABF699.jpeg

Sorry, no photo but....Portuguese tarts, an ice cold Bellini-tini and a fresh juice Cadillac Margarita at the pool. Not necessarily in that order, but I'll take them any way they come!

10 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

Yes they have - but I believe you can still order the three components separately on request 

I’m smiling at the irony that most of the favourites posted so far are no longer offered in the format that has been posted or the venue no longer exists 

That's a good point...  I was originally thinking of all-time favorites (as I'm guessing others did based on the messages), but the OP's question is probably more relevant to dishes during 2019-early 2020.

Vince

1 minute ago, Mudhen said:

Sorry, no photo but....Portuguese tarts, an ice cold Bellini-tini and a fresh juice Cadillac Margarita at the pool. Not necessarily in that order, but I'll take them any way they come!

What is a portuguese tart?

2 minutes ago, islandchick said:

OMG....it's a long time Crystal favorite, usually found in the Bistro around 10-11am. In a vague, poor description, it's like a flakey croissant around the outside edges with a custard filling.

I'm sure there are folks out there who can give a better description or better yet maybe a photo...picture worth a thousand words...haha!

4 minutes ago, islandchick said:

I'll see if I can get a better picture, but this was the first one I found in my my collection.  They're served warm in the Bistro each morning and go quickly usually.  They're a Crystal tradition.

42266363212_1cf736b2c5_z.jpg

Vince

3 minutes ago, ryndam said:

From February 2020 Symphony, roaming the South China Sea.

Portugese tart in the Bistro.

02 Bistro vanilla tart.JPG

MMMMMM! That's it!!!

1 minute ago, Mudhen said:

OMG....it's a long time Crystal favorite, usually found in the Bistro around 10-11am. In a vague, poor description, it's like a flakey croissant around the outside edges with a custard filling.

I'm sure there are folks out there who can give a better description or better yet maybe a photo...picture worth a thousand words...haha!

You and Rob are so much quicker than me!  🙂