A FUN FOOD AND DRINK THREAD

• 2 weeks later...

Today is Mother's Day in the USA and some other countries celebrated on their Sunday such as Australia while others celebrate on other days/months of the year.

I thought I would post a photo from a Mother's Day Cake we had on board Serenity for my wife when we had our son and daughter in law on board almost seven years ago. Since that time our daughter in law is

a Mother to three of our grandchildren.

Anyway, Happy Mothers Day to all the Moms on Cruise Critic and the cake was delicious.

IMG_3413.jpeg

On 4/16/2021 at 3:39 PM, ryndam said:

Room service snacks. Symphony October 2019. With a special order of steak tartare.

Rob

003 Room service snacks (07).JPG

So based on this post you can order special requests for room service. Is this true? Has anyone else done it? 

25 minutes ago, islandchick said:

So based on this post you can order special requests for room service. Is this true? Has anyone else done it? 

Yes for Penthouses.

Patty

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, islandchick said:

I think that's more of a penthouse thing.  Butlers are happy to coordinate any special requests (with advance notice), and I have seen all kinds of things arranged in people's trip reports and pics.

In deluxe staterooms we're more bound by the menus.  We can order off of Waterside's menu during meal hours, and the room service menus the rest of the time, and there are basics stocked in some pantries, but arranging to have something off-menu delivered isn't something you can just call to request without having a butler to coordinate it.  Not saying it couldn't be done, but special orders for deluxe staterooms are really meant for Waterside, and to be arranged through the head waiters.

Vince

Edited by BWIVince

We are eagerly looking forward to our Crystal cruise this upcoming December.  

In the meantime, we will just have to reminisce back to our very first cruise with Crystal.

Champagne and Caviar... fabulous!

P1020500.thumb.jpeg.c1165925ea597ab3f219e929ab52476b.jpegP1020501.thumb.jpeg.40eb991a92ff8fca83cc5fd900a142d9.jpeg

4 minutes ago, ginzig said:

We are eagerly looking forward to our Crystal cruise this upcoming December.  

In the meantime, we will just have to reminisce back to our very first cruise with Crystal.

Champagne and Caviar... fabulous!

P1020500.thumb.jpeg.c1165925ea597ab3f219e929ab52476b.jpegP1020501.thumb.jpeg.40eb991a92ff8fca83cc5fd900a142d9.jpeg

I’m assuming this was from the Crystal Esprit

Nancy

Just now, nancygp said:

I’m assuming this was from the Crystal Esprit

Nancy

Yes, this was the Crystal Esprit in the Seychelles.  It was a magical cruise.

1 minute ago, ginzig said:

looks wonderful.

I didn’t want anyone new to crystal to think this was done on the Symphony or Serenity.

Nancy 

9 minutes ago, nancygp said:

looks wonderful.

I didn’t want anyone new to crystal to think this was done on the Symphony or Serenity.

Nancy 

Sigh....if only....!!!

13 hours ago, ginzig said:

I wish it will happen during my Christmas cruise on the Esprit end of 2021😁  - i hope C will not cancel further cruises on the Espirt   -  the cruises  was announced as full a few weeks ago , now it seems there are suites in 2 degrees  and she ( the Esprit ) is small 

Does anyone have any thoughts on the Stardust Supper Club?  We haven't experienced it before.  I thought I had read it was the same menu as Waterside, but then someone mentioned it was a limited menu. Impressions?  Thanks!

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Seahorse said:

Does anyone have any thoughts on the Stardust Supper Club?  We haven't experienced it before.  I thought I had read it was the same menu as Waterside, but then someone mentioned it was a limited menu. Impressions?  Thanks!

It's a lovely experience but right now on Serenity is not offered on Seven day cruises.  Only offered in the past with one or more black tie optional nights.  It has less choices than Waterside but has some items that would be on the Waterside menu.  One seating.  Very intimate.  And entertainment.  With that said even if there is a Black Tie Optional night I am unsure if the venue would be used as most table are four and you sit very close to one another and the room is pretty full with the tables.

Keith

Thanks, Keith!  We're booked on the pre-holiday and Holiday sailings and they are taking reservations for the Supper Club.  Realistically, we realize things may change between now and December--hopefully for the better!  Dear friends who haven't sailed Crystal before are joining us and I find myself describing Crystal experiences and then giving a disclaimer that I don't know how things will be under the new protocols.  Even though there may be some restrictions, we can't wait!  

Thanks again, Carla

Carla, I echo Keith’s comments. It was a very nice and elegant evening aboard Serenity when we experienced it in 2018.