Scarlet Lady (UK sailing) - August 6th 2021

We are booked too. 😁

I have checked and you may well have a point about maiden voyage. I can't find anywhere that says anyone has actually taken a fare paying cruise on her.

Have you booked your car park? According to the website spaces are limited and there are special rates for each cruise, this one is £25 for the cruise.

I'm on this sailing as well! 

I had originally booked the 20th August but changed to this date as I reckon it is the maiden.  I'm referring it to the maiden anyway!

See you onboard!

I think the “official” maiden is when they go out of Miami, so unfortunately don’t think there’ll be any special recognition… but still cool to be on the first paying passengers sailing! 

I understand that all passengers will have had 2 vaccinations and a covid test . Anyone know if the tests will be provided or do we arrive with proof of  negative test ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've had an email this afternoon telling me that my cabin has been changed from deck 14 to deck 11 because it "is in the process of getting in ship-shape".  Bit disconcerting that at this stage the ship isn't fully ready!

On 7/16/2021 at 9:28 PM, Shallwe123 said:

Hi Pops7272,  what cabin are you in, a Sea Terrace ? 

Correct -  a Central Sea Terrace cabin on the starboard (Z) side

• Like 1

Anyone managed to book a restaurant yet?  We have Razzle Dazzle on Friday and Pink Agave on the Sunday night but can't find any available slots for Gunbae on the Saturday so hoping they keep a certain amount back for foot traffic.

Been trying to book restaurants, but have now given up. Wanted the Wake, but have only manage the Italian and Test Kitchen neither at the times I wanted. Nothing for Saturday yet . Hoping there will be more availability onboard

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, suejok said:

Hoping there will be more availability onboard

Me too. Ship is on;y sailing at 50% capacity so what is it going to be like with a full ship?

Edited by Wansbrough

Managed to get Pink Agave on Friday night, The Wake on Saturday and Gunbae on Sunday. 

I read on the VV web site that they are carrying out COVID testing at Tipner Lane car park which is about 3 miles from the port.  

Posted (edited)
On 5/6/2021 at 10:37 AM, TAP Cruiser said:

I understand that all passengers will have had 2 vaccinations and a covid test . Anyone know if the tests will be provided or do we arrive with proof of  negative test ?

Reading the Embarkation Prep (As Virgin say) as shown 24 Jul 2021

Covid Test will be done at W4 Tipner Ln, Portsmouth PO2 8RD, UK at Virgins expense.

Complete the COVID-19 antigen test prior to boarding

In order to board at port in the UK, every Sailor will be tested for COVID prior to getting on the ship, and the rapid antigen tests take about 15 minutes to get a result. We will pick up the cost of the tests so that they are free of charge to all Sailors. Testing will take place near the port at W4 Tipner Ln, Portsmouth PO2 8RD, UK, and transport Sailors over to the port afterwards. Please see below for details about arriving at our testing site. No matter how you plan on getting there, Sailors must arrive at the testing site no more than two (2) hours prior to your selected boarding time (selected in the app in Ready-to-Sail). Early arrival at the testing site will not result in an earlier embarkation; so please adhere to your selected embarkation time.

For Sailors arriving in their own car:

• Drive to the testing site at W4 Tipner Ln, Portsmouth PO2 8RD, UK
  • Park your car (temporarily) at the site, and go inside to the testing marquee
  • Once inside, you’ll get your COVID-19 antigen test, and be asked to show proof of your COVID-19 inoculation
  • Once you’re cleared to sail (having passed the tests), you’ll be given your luggage tags, your Band (the wearable), and an additional band to indicate that you’ve been cleared
  • Afterwards, you can return to your car and drive to the port terminal where you can park and leave your car for the duration of your voyage

For Sailors arriving by public transportation or being dropped off:

• Arrive at the testing site at W4 Tipner Ln, Portsmouth PO2 8RD, UK
  • Head inside to the testing marquee
  • Once inside, you’ll get your COVID-19 antigen test, and be asked to show proof of your COVID-19 inoculation
  • Once you’re cleared to sail (having passed the tests), you’ll be given your luggage tags, your Band (the wearable), and an additional band to indicate that you’ve been cleared
  • You’ll then be transported to the port terminal via bus, where you’ll be able to board the ship

We’ll have additional details to share with you the week of July 19th — after the planned UK Step 4 COVID Response update has been announced. Please check back then for more detailed information.

Edited by LifeonMars

2 hours ago, LifeonMars said:

Reading the Embarkation Prep (As Virgin say) as shown 24 Jul 2021

Covid Test will be done at W4 Tipner Ln, Portsmouth PO2 8RD, UK at Virgins expense.

Complete the COVID-19 antigen test prior to boarding

In order to board at port in the UK, every Sailor will be tested for COVID prior to getting on the ship, and the rapid antigen tests take about 15 minutes to get a result. We will pick up the cost of the tests so that they are free of charge to all Sailors. Testing will take place near the port at W4 Tipner Ln, Portsmouth PO2 8RD, UK, and transport Sailors over to the port afterwards. Please see below for details about arriving at our testing site. No matter how you plan on getting there, Sailors must arrive at the testing site no more than two (2) hours prior to your selected boarding time (selected in the app in Ready-to-Sail). Early arrival at the testing site will not result in an earlier embarkation; so please adhere to your selected embarkation time.

For Sailors arriving in their own car:

• Drive to the testing site at W4 Tipner Ln, Portsmouth PO2 8RD, UK
  • Park your car (temporarily) at the site, and go inside to the testing marquee
  • Afterwards, you can return to your car and drive to the port terminal where you can park and leave your car for the duration of your voyage

For Sailors arriving by public transportation or being dropped off:

• Arrive at the testing site at W4 Tipner Ln, Portsmouth PO2 8RD, UK
  • Head inside to the testing marquee
  • You’ll then be transported to the port terminal via bus, where you’ll be able to board the ship

We’ll have additional details to share with you the week of July 19th — after the planned UK Step 4 COVID Response update has been announced. Please check back then for more detailed information.

So how did you come by all this information, I've received nothing? 

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Wansbrough said:

So how did you come by all this information, I've received nothing? 

All on the Virgin Voyages app , scroll to "A new Wave of Health Measures" then Sea our full plan,  scroll Health and Wellness TO DO's, the details,  then  read item 2 Complete the COVID-19 antigen test prior to boarding.

Edited by LifeonMars

1 minute ago, LifeonMars said:

All on the Virgin Voyages app " Before you sail "

Ahhhh. Thanks 👍🏼

Just need the bloody thing to work again so I can see it. Its been okay for the last 2/3weeks and since yesterday I keep getting the whoops page.  Its not very stable is it.

Just now, Wansbrough said:

Ahhhh. Thanks 👍🏼

Just need the bloody thing to work again so I can see it. Its been okay for the last 2/3weeks and since yesterday I keep getting the whoops page.  Its not very stable is it.

no, when it fails I just reinstall it.

We will be in an electric car and looking for parking. Anyone have ideas?

We could use CPS but they do not have  charging points. Are there charging points in a local car park  for after the cruise. Thanks in advance.