2 hours ago, johng75370 said:

Will Mama Lee be returning to Serenity?

No Mama Lee will not live on the ship anymore.

I would not surprise me if Mark goes to Endeavour. He was the entertainment director (and done a fabulous job) on the Esprit and Mozart inaugural seasons. 

6 minutes ago, claudiaYVR said:

I would not surprise me if Mark goes to Endeavour. He was the entertainment director (and done a fabulous job) on the Esprit and Mozart inaugural seasons. 

That's what I'd expect as well.  Wherever he goes he'll do a great job.  

56 minutes ago, vistaman said:

I never understood why C did not appoint Mark Farris  as cruisedir on one of the ocean ships when Paul retired 

My understanding is that Crystal would not have a cruise director on the ocean ships that was also an entertainer. Gary Hunter was the last CD/entertainer in that roll. If Mark were appointed cruise director on either Symphony or Serenity, he would not be able to entertain anymore. Different protocol on the river ships. Not certain the protocol on the expedition ship.

Rob

1 hour ago, ryndam said:

My understanding is that Crystal would not have a cruise director on the ocean ships that was also an entertainer. Gary Hunter was the last CD/entertainer in that roll. If Mark were appointed cruise director on either Symphony or Serenity, he would not be able to entertain anymore. Different protocol on the river ships. Not certain the protocol on the expedition ship.

Rob

So Raphael can no longer play his trumpet on board? Too bad, we enjoyed him.

25 minutes ago, suzeluvscruz said:

So Raphael can no longer play his trumpet on board? Too bad, we enjoyed him.

Possibly not. When Russ Grieve was CD with Azamara, he also was also part of the entertainment ensemble onboard. He joined Crystal with CD responsibilities only; no more singing/dancing on stage.

Rob

3 minutes ago, ryndam said:

Possibly not. When Russ Grieve was CD with Azamara, he also was also part of the entertainment ensemble onboard. He joined Crystal with CD responsibilities only; no more singing/dancing on stage.

Rob

On last year's WC Raphael played with the stage band a number of times in the evening, and many evenings, usually after 11:00, he would play in The Cove with whomever was playing the piano. It was never "publicized" in the daily program, so perhaps he doesn't get paid for these "gigs".

I think it could happen on very rare occasions.  On the 2018 World Cruise Shane sang and danced in a couple of special productions.

Roy

1 minute ago, rafinmd said:

I think it could happen on very rare occasions.  On the 2018 World Cruise Shane sang and danced in a couple of special productions.

Roy

On our February 2020 Symphony cruise-to-nowhere in the South China Sea, Shane also was part of 2 week's worth of improvised entertainment. That cruise could certainly be classified as a very rare occasion!

Rob

4 hours ago, ryndam said:

Rob

2 hours ago, ryndam said:

On our February 2020 Symphony cruise-to-nowhere in the South China Sea, Shane also was part of 2 week's worth of improvised entertainment. That cruise could certainly be classified as a very rare occasion!

Rob

Yes, some of those smaller ships, Oceania too, have the CD as the headline entertainment. Some are better than others.

Posted (edited)

I doubt that Endeavor would have a CD.  It would likely have an ED (Expedition Director) that would organize and lead the expedition team.

On the Bahamas Serenity cruise - Rick Spath is listed as the CD.

Edited by PaulMCO
Posted (edited)

I really have no idea where Mark is or will be, but every Crystal ship we board - there to our delight, is Mark. So, look for him on the Debussy next April. 

Edited by 5waldos
  • 2 weeks later...

For anyone wondering, Mark just posted to Facebook that he will be entertaining on American Cruise Lines river cruise from Memphis to New Orleans. Lucky passengers!!