Should vaccine passports be required for travel?

commodoredave

Has everyone forgotten, recently an entire ship of staff and cruisers who were "fully vaccinated", STILL resulted in two guests coming down with COVID.   The pharma companies all admitted that the "shot" does not protect anyone from getting COVID, but only makes you feel "better" if you should get it.    Even the top virologists in the world, pro-vaxxers themselves, are calling these non FDA approved "shots", a mistake.  

And the face mask that 99% of the people put on does absolutely nothing.  No science has ever backed that up.  Wake the heck up people and use that thing call a brain.

On 6/14/2021 at 4:08 PM, seamus69 said:

I'm not sure what area you are from where Republicans are the ones that are anti-vaxers but it certainly isn't the case in my area with me, my family and friends, all conservatives and virtually all have had their vaccines.  Many Democrats are still fearful in my area because of the misinformation the democratic party and main stream media spread when Trump got the vaccine approve and set up the infrastructure in place to vaccinate quickly.  then as soon as Biden was sworn in they all did an about-face and pretended they never said anything negative and now trying to get people to ignore what they said 6-12 months ago.

The liberals I know are a mixed bunch, many have been vaccinated but many just spout off they have the RIGHT NOT to get vaccinated and don't usually point to any scientific reason though some are still afraid from the early hysteria spread by their own party.

In the end I just wish ALL people from ALL parties would just do a little research on their own from respectable medical sources and not just take the word of one friend, one case, one article from 6 months ago that may or may not have bias in either direction.  Gather as much info from multiple good sources and make an intelligent decision based on facts that is right for them.

Please, non of the vax are FDA approved.  There is NO scientific proof that the so called vax are going to protect you from getting COVID.  The pharmas have all admitted that it does not, only make you "feel better" if you do.  There is a reason why they carry no responsibility if you die from the vax (and yes, many have died because of the vax).   The top virologists in the world (pro-vaxxers themselves) are calling these "shots" a mistake, but everyone seems to be deaf to that.

Meanwhile, there is no scientific proof that even suggest mask offers "any" protection either.  I would challenge anyone to provide that.   Talk about following the sheeple....

In the US the airlines have been flying people before and during the pandemic.  There is no vaccine passport to fly domestically.  Airlines are now flying full capacity and middle seats are booked.  NOBODY knows if contact at the airline has created infections, but I suspect so.  But, I could go to grocery stores and become infected, and they did not do anything in terms of changing their filtering systems.  There are people that will just not be able to be vaccinated, and not just because they have a personal religious exemption.  However, I do respect their right to their religious exemption, although I do know some legislators would love to eliminate this (corrupt legislators with an agenda).  So, no I do not think there should be a vaccine passport; there has not been before, and there should not be now.  Now, in saying that, the cruise lines are in a precarious position and not just due to the Diamond Princess, but some people bring that up in their posts which is ridiculous.  Temporarily, and until the pandemic is over, I don't think the cruise lines have any other option other than to require the CDC card and a vaccine attestation in addition to providing response protocols which they have and that already has been proven out.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2021 at 10:13 AM, AKJonesy said:

In the US the airlines have been flying people before and during the pandemic.  There is no vaccine passport to fly domestically.  Airlines are now flying full capacity and middle seats are booked.  NOBODY knows if contact at the airline has created infections, but I suspect so.  But, I could go to grocery stores and become infected, and they did not do anything in terms of changing their filtering systems.  There are people that will just not be able to be vaccinated, and not just because they have a personal religious exemption.  However, I do respect their right to their religious exemption, although I do know some legislators would love to eliminate this (corrupt legislators with an agenda).  So, no I do not think there should be a vaccine passport; there has not been before, and there should not be now.  Now, in saying that, the cruise lines are in a precarious position and not just due to the Diamond Princess, but some people bring that up in their posts which is ridiculous.  Temporarily, and until the pandemic is over, I don't think the cruise lines have any other option other than to require the CDC card and a vaccine attestation in addition to providing response protocols which they have and that already has been proven out.  

I agree with requiring proof of vaccination for cruises where people are in the same environment for days on end. Most flights are six hours or less. Airplanes have had HEPA filtration systems for decades to prevent the spread of most diseases. Most cruise ships do not. These systems can filter out virus particles such as those which cause COVID. It’s the most they can do unless they want to half empty the planes and require vaccination.

Can’t understand why anyone would want to put themselves in an environment that risks their lives without all additional protections? The Delta variant is much more contagious, it’s like playing Russian roulette.