Jump to content

Scarlet Lady 9 Aug 2021 (Cruise to nowhere)


Recommended Posts

Yup..... Just booked but awaiting confirmation.

 

After 6 cruise cancellations in the past year and another meant for this august, hopefully this is going to sail. Hope I'm not a jinx!

 

Hadn't ever even given this CL a second thought. Ship looks nice, even if a little bigger than I like. Max capacity is 65% i was told.

Link to post
Share on other sites

All now done. Booked through my agent, looking through the receipt, I can't see any mention of the $200 OBC we should get for booking and paying in full before 30 April. I looked in the app and it's not showing there either.

 

Should I be worried?

Link to post
Share on other sites

The credit is showing up now. Will buy the $300 loot thingy before the the 30th, when I'm told the extra $100 offer dies.

 

Anyone driving there, this parking will be off interest. I just booked and its a special off for Virgin sailings @ £30 for the duration which is pretty good and fully refundable should the ship not sale. Its adjacent where the ship is docked. Ive set the time for 12 on the 9th and 10am on the 13th - if thats ok, then use that link, if you want to arrive and depart at different times, hit the home button and input your selection.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the link, currently I'm trying to decide whether to drive or get the train (it's on a direct line from where I live). I did look at the loot thingy, but I'm travelling solo & whilst, in all honesty, I could probably put away that much alcohol, it's probably not a great idea if I still want a functioning liver afterwards.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2021 at 12:42 PM, lee8553 said:

Thanks for the link, currently I'm trying to decide whether to drive or get the train (it's on a direct line from where I live). I did look at the loot thingy, but I'm travelling solo & whilst, in all honesty, I could probably put away that much alcohol, it's probably not a great idea if I still want a functioning liver afterwards.

 

If I was on a direct line, I'd certainly let the train take the strain. I'd need to get into London and then a 2 hour plus drag to get there as opposed to 90 mins in the car - which is fine going..... but not so keen to do it in reverse.

 

The $400 for us, is split, so equates to just 5 drinks per day, so its a question of if we need 2 lots! lol I'm looking at it as being 4 nights and first time to let hair down in nigh 18 months!

 

I did ask the question on when this needs to be bought - and told the promotion does end on 30th April - else $300 will mean $300.... Actually £225 will mean £215! Bit of a cheek to demand a poor rate - I'd prefer to pay in $US

 

We now have 4 new members to the party......... Eldest with GF and youngest with a friend. Its our 25th Wedding anniversary in May (and should have been on Silver Spirit out of Venice!) .... so have decided to treat the kids..... and would be a bit unfair for the youngest to sail as Billy no mates! Luckily it all works well and they all will have had their 2 vaccine doses before June. All booked to take them along - I doubt we will see them for the duration. Hopefully anyway.... oops I said that out loud didn't I lol

 

Its selling quickly now I think. I expect its dawned on people that it will represent good value compared to trying to get away to a hotel in the UK.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Booked the first day this sailing opened but forgot about a roll call! Had never considered this cruise line but was so tempted by the suites. Taking my 88 year young mum with me - she can’t wait! We’re flying to Gatwick and taking the train the day before.

Wendy

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Adamoz73 said:

Wendy, thats fantastic, brilliant that your 88 year old mum is so looking forward to it, Adam

 

She is pretty amazing for her age and has so missed her cruises. We’ve booked a cheeky corner aft suite but I think she will give the hammock a miss! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2021 at 1:29 PM, les37b said:

 

If I was on a direct line, I'd certainly let the train take the strain. I'd need to get into London and then a 2 hour plus drag to get there as opposed to 90 mins in the car - which is fine going..... but not so keen to do it in reverse.

 

The $400 for us, is split, so equates to just 5 drinks per day, so its a question of if we need 2 lots! lol I'm looking at it as being 4 nights and first time to let hair down in nigh 18 months!

 

I did ask the question on when this needs to be bought - and told the promotion does end on 30th April - else $300 will mean $300.... Actually £225 will mean £215! Bit of a cheek to demand a poor rate - I'd prefer to pay in $US

 

We now have 4 new members to the party......... Eldest with GF and youngest with a friend. Its our 25th Wedding anniversary in May (and should have been on Silver Spirit out of Venice!) .... so have decided to treat the kids..... and would be a bit unfair for the youngest to sail as Billy no mates! Luckily it all works well and they all will have had their 2 vaccine doses before June. All booked to take them along - I doubt we will see them for the duration. Hopefully anyway.... oops I said that out loud didn't I lol

 

Its selling quickly now I think. I expect its dawned on people that it will represent good value compared to trying to get away to a hotel in the UK.

 

 

 

Hotel stay is part of the reason I went for the 4 night rather than the 3, I plan to stay in Portsmouth or the area for a couple of nights pre or post cruise (can't remember the last time I was there) & the extra night on board was more VFM, plus I want to try out as many of the restaurants as possible. I booked thro an agency that specialises in solo cruises & from their FB page it looks like there's at least another 3 on this sailing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The last time I was in Portsmouth was aged 10 on a school trip to see HMS Victory. I did think about making a day of it and arriving the previous day (as it's my birthday), but as we've now got a bigger group, decided not to.

 

I'm surprised, but pleased they've opened up for a few solo's. Are you a frequent cruiser?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wahoo .. myself and my husband have just booked for this. It's a bit random as there are no stops but I think it'll be fantastic to just get onboard and relax. I'm especially looking forward to just chilling out and not having to get up and off at a port every day.

 

Virgin wouldn't be our first choice of cruise line as I think we are a bit old (45&55) but for 4 nights it is worth a try and the food looks amazinggggg 🤩😊🥳 

 

I have been watching YouTube videos and it looks a bit different and I think no table cloth policy makes everything look a bit sparce however I'm sure once I'm onboard I won't even care! Plus it's a great idea for laundry savings etc. 

 

I have downloaded the app which also looks really good.

 

Boop Boop!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2021 at 3:46 PM, les37b said:

The last time I was in Portsmouth was aged 10 on a school trip to see HMS Victory. I did think about making a day of it and arriving the previous day (as it's my birthday), but as we've now got a bigger group, decided not to.

 

I'm surprised, but pleased they've opened up for a few solo's. Are you a frequent cruiser?

Hi again, I thought I was getting updates when anyone posted, but doesn't seem to be working. Looking at their deck plans there seems to be a few solo cabins, certainly more than some ships.
I don't think I'd say frequent, I did a couple when I was much younger (one in my late teens, which was nothing like they are now). Went on a med cruise in 2013 & kinda caught the bug, I like the idea of going to several places (well normally anyway) without having to keep un/re packing, (I did a coach tour in Cuba & that aspect got on my nerves a bit, I was forever looking for things), the real drawback is the solo supplement which on some lines is 100%, think I've done 5 or possibly 6 since then.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree, Solo Sups can be outrageously expensive. My preferred CL often has a large selection at +25% which is more bearable, but still a nasty extra IMHO. 

 

Agree on the coach thing. I'd hate all the unpacking stuff - but worse is that I just dont like coaches. Ships I love, especially in rough (but not too rough!) seas. Something relaxing about watching swells - unless you need to tender of course!

 

Have now had 6 cruises cancelled for Covid. The first of those was meant to sail in August last year and ended at Tower Bridge - paid in Full in May 2018.... I used the credit to book for Venice in May 21 and when that was cancelled, used it for a booking in Mar 23. Can you imagine paying in full for a cruise 5 years out! Thats whats just happened.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Crystal Cruises - New! Luxury Bahamas Escapes
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...