Anybody been to Mooloolaba?

Trash Queen

Mooloolaba is a lovely place to visit. Yes the main attractions are the beaches but a visit into the Sunshine Coast hinterland is interesting. Australia Zoo is a half hour drive from Mooloolaba.

When are hoping to cruise here?

Leigh

• 11 months later...

Loved Mooloolaba!  Relaxing, easy to get around, beautiful and not the typical port of seen it before souvenir store after souvenir store.

It's not a port of call on most AU cruises and that very likely keeps it so low key and relaxing.

I'd go back in a heartbeat!  

1 hour ago, vinonme2 said:

Loved Mooloolaba!  Relaxing, easy to get around, beautiful and not the typical port of seen it before souvenir store after souvenir store.

It's not a port of call on most AU cruises and that very likely keeps it so low key and relaxing.

I'd go back in a heartbeat!  

Thanks.  That's what I hoped it would be,

Charlotte

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mooloolaba is part of the Sunshine Coast popular with locals.  It is a beautiful place so I hope your ship gets in.  Things we do - we walk along the beach to The Spit and walk along The Spit.  We eat fresh seafood from one of the popular seafood places and eat it in the park opposite.  We then drive back to Mooloolaba and walk along the beach and on the rocks in the other direction and use the Loo with the View.  Afterwards we enjoy a refreshing drink at the beachfront Life Saving Club,  A perfect day the beach.  (If we are staying longer than a day, we do a drive to the Hinterland (Maleny, Montville, etc.) and a drive to Noosaville and Noosa Beach, the northern end of the Sunshine Coast..)  

• 2 weeks later...

Heads up, Australia Zoo in the hinterland, amazing place.  Mooloolaba is not the usual cruise ship stop and only a short distance from Brisbane so you will love the relaxed atmosphere, the beautiful beach,

the underwater aquarium, just a few of the charms of Mooloolaba on the Sunshine Coast