apply cruise credit to already booked cruise?

Wondering if I book a cruise prior to May 31 (to qualify for the 48 hr cancel policy) for an April 2022 cruise and need to cancel, can I then apply the cruise credit to pay off an already booked cruise for Sept 2022? Or does the cruise credit have to be for a new booking only? 

1 minute ago, elaine5 said:

Wondering if I book a cruise prior to May 31 (to qualify for the 48 hr cancel policy) for an April 2022 cruise and need to cancel, can I then apply the cruise credit to pay off an already booked cruise for Sept 2022? Or does the cruise credit have to be for a new booking only? 

You can apply the FCC’s to existing bookings. 

Am I the only one having problems with FCC's being applied.  RCC has continued to have problems in their  IT department applying the full amount( a portion has been applied,yet the remaining balance is an issue they must resolve). I have received FCC's that are incorrect. I have been told they will get back with you. I have been told not to worry about it, the credits will be applied. I have been told to call back after 14 days so they can get their resolutions desk to process a workflow . I still have not received our FCC for cruise from 12-2020. I currently have 4 outstanding problems they can't resolve!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, travelingbums said:

Am I the only one having problems with FCC's being applied.  RCC has continued to have problems in their  IT department applying the full amount( a portion has been applied,yet the remaining balance is an issue they must resolve). I have received FCC's that are incorrect. I have been told they will get back with you. I have been told not to worry about it, the credits will be applied. I have been told to call back after 14 days so they can get their resolutions desk to process a workflow . I still have not received our FCC for cruise from 12-2020. I currently have 4 outstanding problems they can't resolve!

We’re having the problem in re-using the bonus +25% part of the FCC after it was used for a cruise this year that RCI has cancelled.  We’ve tried applying the FCC for new cruises later this year (basically using the FCC a second time since the first time was cancelled) and the amount they’re saying we have available isn’t matching up to what we originally received for FCC from cruises cancelled in 2020. 

We’re several months away from final payment so I’m not pushing it right now.  The only way I can think to get it resolved is to have a supervisor review the use/application of our FCC for cruises booked, then cancelled by RCI, and re-booked to where hopefully they will see their error.   

Edited by atgood

I am also several months away from cruising, but they (Royal) do not follow up. I just logged in to my Royal account to show our pending cruises and I see a balance due on a cruise I paid off back in November 2020 (this is for a cruise in 9-5-2021). Add this one to my list. I guess I am just frustrated with Royal. I have had supervisors review as well as an email to Mr. Michael Bayley/President and Chief Excutive officer.My reply was from Stephanie Campos/Executive Office who basically said sorry if you feel we fell short in this process (creating fcc credits), rest assured you will receive your credits.