The Daily for Wednesday Apr 21, 2021

richwmn

Teas - I’m not a fan of a lot of the already bagged teas.

I prefer mine in the “raw” and put them into my tea bags.  Mind you those are mainly herbal teas.  I like them cold or hot.  Favourite is mango lemon from Java Moose here and yes, you can buy the concoction.

But anything with hibiscus in it is +.  The thing I like about the herbal ones is they are good cold or hot.  Perfect for planting. 😉 

• Like 12

National Tea Day is definitely my day! I don't drink coffee or wine at all, soda maybe once or twice a month, but I  drink tea morning, noon and night.  Flavored tea or herbal tea is not for me.  Not green tea either.  Just plain black tea.  Perhaps it is my English and Scottish heritage.  But the American part prevails as I prefer iced tea to hot tea.  

• Like 15

Happy Wednesday!

Thank you Rich for the Daily, and Roy, the keeper of the lists. 

I am a HUGE tea fan. I drink it by the potfuls! I usually have green tea, and, while I grew up on orange Pekoe, nowadays, if I have black tea, I have mostly water with a hint of tea. I have some favourite herbal teas, as well. Strawberry rhubarb parfait is just like dessert. Mmmm 😋

Both of my daughters teach kindergarten, and are fantastic teachers. Not saying that as the proud mama, but as the retired teacher I am. I wish I could have taught with either (or  both!) of them.

Cheers and celebrations for those celebrating birthdays especially, HM Queen Elizabeth and @sailingdutchy , and Happy Anniversary to @bennybear

Prayers for those who are on the list, and those that need them, especially @superoma@mamaofami @Cruzin Terri @durangoscots and anyone else that I have missed.

I did it. I booked the Baltic Jewels/150th Anniversary TA today. I even splurged for a Vista Suite. I figure that with two years of NOT cruising, I'm going all out when I go!  Now all the research will begin.

Blessings to all. Stay safe! Don't let your guard down!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Himself said:

Chicago had an amusement park named RIVERVIEW when I was growing up.  It closed when I was 28.  They had a rollercoaster called the BOBS.  Anytime I have had a Martini my head spins like it did when I was riding the BOBS,

I remember Riverview, I got to go once every summer.   left Chicago for Calif. in 1957 but remember the city fondly .  I lived in Rogers Park.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, hazelmaye said:

I remember Riverview, I got to go once every summer.   left Chicago for Calif. in 1957 but remember the city fondly .  I lived in Rogers Park.

Welcome to the Daily.

Roy

• Like 4

10 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I am hoping this will not be restricted to Canadian IP addresses as the film has been in the past.  At least I did get to view the trailer and recognized a number of people and voices.

Roy

Sadly, this is what I got.

Capture.JPG.c3305c9bef54210dbf27b78eef6189fd.JPG

At least I did get to see the trailer.

Roy

• Like 3

Tea day!  Finally a day for me -- haven't had one since Aviation Day.

Does anyone remember when coffee was "unhealthy"?  So I got rid of all of my coffee-making stuff and went to tea exclusively.  Since then, "they" decided that coffee was healthy again.  Since the dietary oracles are always changing their assessments about what is healthy and what is not, I'm eagerly looking forward to the day when they decide that bacon is healthy 😄.

Anyway, I use only Harney & Sons loose tea and brew it the old-fashioned way.  And generally only the many varieties of black, even though green is supposed to be more beneficial.  H&S is the tea that is only available in the Neptune Lounge and the PG.  So I bring my own aboard.  On a cruise is the only time that I use tea bags.  Really miss the HAL-branded darjeeling that they used to have.

Edited by Av8rix
  • Like 13
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Av8rix said:

Tea day!  Finally a day for me -- haven't had one since Aviation Day.

Does anyone remember when coffee was "unhealthy"?  So I got rid of all of my coffee-making stuff and went to tea exclusively.  Since then, "they" decided that coffee was healthy again.  Since the dietary oracles are always changing their assessments about what is healthy and what is not, I'm eagerly looking forward to the day when they decide that bacon is healthy 😄.

Anyway, I use only Harney & Sons loose tea and brew it the old-fashioned way.  And generally only the many varieties of black, even though green is supposed to be more beneficial.  H&S is the tea that is only available in the Neptune Lounge and the PG.  So I bring my own aboard.  On a cruise is the only time that I use tea bags.  Really miss the HAL-branded darjeeling that they used to have.

Love the Harney Cinnamon!  Today  inspired me to place a big order.  Oh the joys of online shopping 😂

• Like 8

10 hours ago, St. Louis Sal said:

Haven’t been to Norway. Not to be a downer, but as my ALS progresses I am rethinking some of the cruises that were on my bucket list. I am still somewhat mobile although my travel scooter makes it easier (and safer) to get around. But it puts a lot on my DH and daughters to cope

Sadly you have every right to be a downer.  Your attitude is an inspiration.  I suspect your're familiar with OJ Brigance of the Baltimore Ravens, also a tremendous inspiration.  I do wish you the best between your drug trial and your positive attitude.

Roy

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Sadly you have every right to be a downer.  Your attitude is an inspiration.  I suspect your're familiar with OJ Brigance of the Baltimore Ravens, also a tremendous inspiration.  I do wish you the best between your drug trial and your positive attitude.

Roy

I agree completely with Roy.  @St. Louis Sal Your upbeat attitude and all you do is an inspiration.  Everyone is entitled to a down day once in awhile.

Lenda

• Like 6

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Sadly, this is what I got.

Capture.JPG.c3305c9bef54210dbf27b78eef6189fd.JPG

At least I did get to see the trailer.

Roy

I'm so sorry, Roy. I used the link and watched it yesterday. My DD said "Haven't you already seen that, like on regular tv?" Yes. Yes. I have. So good. It's on Crave here, so you might find in on one of the streaming apps. ( just talked to my tv and it pulled it up.🤷‍♀️ )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's another lovely sunny day, thanks for all the daily reports.

@sailingdutchy wishing you a very Happy Birthday.

@bennybearCongratulations on your 48th Anniversary.

@durangoscotssorry to hear about your dog.

@Sharon in AZhope that your ear will soon heal and you will be back to normal.

@mamaofami  hope you heal soon.

Take care everyone.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Overhead Fred said:

Mitzi just ordered a bunch of tea online from Ahmed Tea London (https://www.ahmadtea.com/). We have not tried too many since they just arrived, but so far they seem good. It might be worth checking out for our Daily tea lovers.

Thanks. According to the Website, they are carried by a grocery here in Ocala. I'll have to check it out.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Thanks for your kind words. I was not familiar with OJ Brigance. I am just getting to know some of the ALS patients that blog or have foundations set up. It is quite sad that so many of them are younger men with families. This gentleman is an inspiration, having made it for so many years. When you are diagnosed and they tell you 3-5 years is the average (and those are not all years of being just fine) it’s daunting. I am voice banking and that is through Steve Gleason’s foundation. Steve was a New Orleans Saints player. I have joined a support group (online) and that has been helpful. I really regret that we’ve had a whole year of no cruising when I was better able to get around. My daughters are looking at cruises to book next year and if anyone can “make” me get on board, it will be my oldest daughter. 

St Louis Sal

• Like 13

Dinner yesterday was a bit different.  A local Cub Scout Pack was having a fundraiser and it was Pizza.  I haven't had it since being on a ship over a year ago as most takeout is way too big but I found one that was my size and created the way I wanted.  I think I will enjoy MOD Pizza occasionally in the future.

631201901_DSCF8473(Small).JPG.e06ab70802924f24d039bd3529cedbf9.JPG

Roy

• Like 8

10 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

I so agree with Roy @St. Louis Sal

• Like 4