Jump to content

BAHAMAS EXCURSIONS


islandchick
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just letting everyone know they have started to publish the excursions for the Bahamas. I am on the July 10 and July 17 cruise and both have excursions for Bimini and Exuma. I'm sure this is just the beginning so keep checking. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I only see Bimini listed. Also noticed that while transportation to the beach club is free, food and drink are not. I guess I'll go back to the ship for lunch.

 

Update -- I see Exuma when I login and check my reservation (I was checking the website pre-booking). Swimming with the pigs is listed as price TBD and it let me reserve it. I wonder how much it will end up being?

 

update 2 -- When I click on the detail for the pigs it tells me the price.

 

Excursion Code: EXU-D
Price: $169.00
Duration: 4.75 Hours
Have a squealing good time on this beach-hopping adventure through the postcard-perfect cays of Exuma. It's here amid the sparkling cerulean waters, emerald palms and dreamy soft sands that you'll find swimming pigs feel most at home!

A scenic drive of about 25 minutes takes you to the departure point for your fun-filled, half-day boating excursion through the tiny, secluded cays and sandbars of Exuma.

Edited by MisterBill99
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

I only see Bimini listed. Also noticed that while transportation to the beach club is free, food and drink are not. I guess I'll go back to the ship for lunch.

 

I would...  Lunch on the ship is most likely going to be a LOT better than at the Beach Club, regardless of cost.

 

Vince

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For the beach day at Resort World on Bimini they are selling three types of cabanas: Beach, Pool and Garden. Besides the obvious, does anyone know where these are located on the property? I don't see anything in the pictures I've looked at that I would call "the Garden". And there are several pools-would the cabanas be spread out among all the pools? Trying to decide what to spring for. Also, it appears that I can pre-reserve in one guest's name only. It won't allow me to reserve one for each of us which leads me to believe these are cabanas for two people. These are fairly basic questions but it would help a lot to have the answers. TIA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Same here Bimini and the Pig Swim are listed.  Nothing else.  

 

Same question --- Any idea what a "Cabana" is.  Looking from the photos on the resort site of the Pool area it is a large lounger with no cover or even an umbrella.

 

As far a per person -- it states in the description  Pricing is per cabana, and each cabana consist of a daybed that comfortably accommodate up to 2

Edited by PaulMCO
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oo

3 hours ago, PaulMCO said:

As far a per person -- it states in the description  Pricing is per cabana, and each cabana consist of a daybed that comfortably accommodate up to 2

I didn’t see a description on the website. Thanks for sharing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

FWIW if you’re up to it the “beach hopping” adventure will be spectacular ifmit’s a pretty day.  The Exumas are a water and sand paradise.  
 

It’s one of the top, expensive day trips from Nassau and well worth the usual price ... which in this case would be for a whole day instead of a half day, but hey, it’s a ship excursion!

 

Nyloc in Nassau

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

If I book the pig swimming excursion, do I pay when I'm on the ship so I could use the OBC that comes with the fare?

Yes, your shipboard account will be charged so you can use your On Board Credit.

 

You will receive tickets the first night and it will note on them should you wish to cancel when you have to turn them back in order to still get your money back.

 

Keith

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, TakingFlight said:

For the beach day at Resort World on Bimini they are selling three types of cabanas: Beach, Pool and Garden. Besides the obvious, does anyone know where these are located on the property? I don't see anything in the pictures I've looked at that I would call "the Garden". And there are several pools-would the cabanas be spread out among all the pools? Trying to decide what to spring for. Also, it appears that I can pre-reserve in one guest's name only. It won't allow me to reserve one for each of us which leads me to believe these are cabanas for two people. These are fairly basic questions but it would help a lot to have the answers. TIA

These are the descriptions:.  The important notes writeup is the same for each of the three types of cabanas.

 

Relax at The Beach Club in Bimini in the comfort of a cabana set back in the gardens of the Beach Club. 

Relax at The Beach Club in Bimini in the comfort of a cabana set back in the gardens of the Beach Club. 

Important Notes:
Pricing is per cabana, and each cabana consist of a daybed that comfortably accommodate up to 2 guests. Cabanas will be assigned when you arrive at the Beach Club. The rental of the cabana is for the day and guests can arrive at their leisure.

 

You do have to reserve one ticket per person.  I think you will pay the same price per person but share the cabana.

 

To confirm whether you are charged for one or both people in your party you could send an e-mail to the land programs department at:  

 

CrystalAdventures@crystalcruises.com

 

or  call:

 

 1-800-446-6620. 

 

And press number 8 on your phone.

 

Keith

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While you are all at the beach club overpaying and getting sand all over you, we will be at the pool -- in the shade.  Hope it's empty that day.  LOL

 

To each his own.  Hope you enjoy.  I just don't get the beach club thing.  I would just go to a resort for a week if I wanted that vibe.  Sunburn, sand, wrinkles, skin cancer are not on my bucket list.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, bitob said:

Don't miss swimming with the pigs on Exuma.

It will be the highlight the trip for me

 

Thanks, I booked it since i figure it will be popular. At least Crystal is paying for most of it with the included OBC. And $169 (assuming that is the correct price) isn't out of line with what I see companies charging for it online.

Edited by MisterBill99
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, TakingFlight said:

For the beach day at Resort World on Bimini they are selling three types of cabanas: Beach, Pool and Garden. Besides the obvious, does anyone know where these are located on the property? 

I have the same question. Has anyone been to this resort and know what the cabanas are like? (We know there are amenities on the ship; we know the excess sun exposure can cause health issues. That info. does not help answer this question.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/21/2021 at 9:50 PM, Nyloc said:

FWIW if you’re up to it the “beach hopping” adventure will be spectacular ifmit’s a pretty day.  The Exumas are a water and sand paradise.  
 

It’s one of the top, expensive day trips from Nassau and well worth the usual price ... which in this case would be for a whole day instead of a half day, but hey, it’s a ship excursion!

 

Nyloc in Nassau

Which excursion is this? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nyloc, since you are a native of the Bahamas, could you explain what are the tours to do on the other islands besides Bimini and Exuma.  Some of them describe the same tour to different beaches and I don't know the one to pick.

Thank you in advance.

Norma

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Here’s a link to another post of mine: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2775079-july-17-july-24-2021-crystal-serenity-rt-nassau/?do=findComment&comment=61034288

 

That’s mostly focused on Eleuthera.  In Exuma I’d catch the beach run ... besides the pigs there are some spectacular waters, cays and experiences along the way.

 

San Salvador (pronounce it Co-burn Town) the island tour seems a good idea.

 

Long Island, if you’re a beach lover do the Gordon’s Beach excursion but the trip to the Dean’s Blue Hole will be memorable.

 

Happy to answer any specific questions to the extent I am able.

 

Nyloc in Nassau

 

 

 

Edited by Nyloc
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just and FYI

The "thing to do" in San Salvador is to rent a golf cart and do it on your own.  We have reserved one with friends.  Same tour, less exposure to others.  Besides, we like going on our own.

 

NOTE:  if you do reserve a cart with friends, be ready to drive on the "wrong side" on the road and choose a six seater --  otherwise 2 people will be riding backwards the whole time, probably in the heat of the sun.

 

You can go on line and find several companies that rent golf carts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bitob said:

Just and FYI

The "thing to do" in San Salvador is to rent a golf cart and do it on your own.  We have reserved one with friends.  Same tour, less exposure to others.  Besides, we like going on our own.

 

NOTE:  if you do reserve a cart with friends, be ready to drive on the "wrong side" on the road and choose a six seater --  otherwise 2 people will be riding backwards the whole time, probably in the heat of the sun.

 

You can go on line and find several companies that rent golf carts.

Did you mean Harbour Island? It looked like that island is the place to rent golf carts, unless it's both islands. I didn't know that driving is on the other side of the road. Thanks for the heads up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...