Jump to content

Saint Martin EHAS form (Electronic Health Authorization System) - Help??


FBurnley
 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hi,

My husband and I will sail on Celebrity Millennium on June 12 and need to fill out the EHAS application before we fly to Saint Martin. Has anyone yet successfully filled this out? I have questions about whether we're Air-Sea, just Air or just Sea. Depending on what you choose, you are then required to state the marina, your local physician, etc. I have contacted Celebrity and they had no idea. I contacted Saint Martin and they said they would find the answers and get back to me. They have not. Hoping someone here may know. Thanks! Francisca

 

https://stmaartenehas.com/application-form/

 

Edited by FBurnley
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FBurnley said:

Hi,

My husband and I will sail on Celebrity Millennium on June 12 and need to fill out the EHAS application before we fly to Saint Martin. Has anyone yet successfully filled this out? I have questions about whether we're Air-Sea, just Air or just Sea. Depending on what you choose, you are then required to state the marina, your local physician, etc. I have contacted Celebrity and they had no idea. I contacted Saint Martin and they said they would find the answers and get back to me. They have not. Hoping someone here may know. Thanks! Francisca

 

https://stmaartenehas.com/application-form/

 

Good question. I was wondering the same thing. Can you leave the doctor blank?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, FBurnley said:

Hi,

My husband and I will sail on Celebrity Millennium on June 12 and need to fill out the EHAS application before we fly to Saint Martin. Has anyone yet successfully filled this out? I have questions about whether we're Air-Sea, just Air or just Sea. Depending on what you choose, you are then required to state the marina, your local physician, etc. I have contacted Celebrity and they had no idea. I contacted Saint Martin and they said they would find the answers and get back to me. They have not. Hoping someone here may know. Thanks! Francisca

 

https://stmaartenehas.com/application-form/

 

Very good question. I'm looking forward to finding out the answer. We will be on that cruise with you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The second page of the link below has some of this information.  A person who spent time in St Martin over the winter describes their experience on filling out the forms and what needs to be done.  I did notice that someone also asked about "Source of the Swab" .  I don't think that was ever answered.  The post does give pretty extensive information on arriving in Phillipsburg and what happens.

 

We are on the June 26th cruise out of Phillipsburg.  I don't have much confidence that Celebrity will outline every step of the process before we go.  I'm more confident that people on this forum will fill in the blanks that I need to know before we travel.  We shall see.  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Celebrity has said that they are going to pay the $30 pp insurance fee for this cruise. I don't know yet if they are going to fill out these papers for us or not, nor whether or not they will be supplying tests.

They have said that they will have all the info 30 days before this cruise so I am waiting to hear what their plans are before I go out trying to fill these forms.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, tallyho8 said:

Celebrity has said that they are going to pay the $30 pp insurance fee for this cruise. I don't know yet if they are going to fill out these papers for us or not, nor whether or not they will be supplying tests.

They have said that they will have all the info 30 days before this cruise so I am waiting to hear what their plans are before I go out trying to fill these forms.

Where did you see the information that Celebrity was going to pay the $30 pp fee? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure if Celebrity will "pay" the $30pp fee as such, but yesterday they mentioned that the Insurance requirement would be waived for passengers who were sailing on the same day they arrived to St. Martin..

 

Hope this helps!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, gauchotex said:

Not sure if Celebrity will "pay" the $30pp fee as such, but yesterday they mentioned that the Insurance requirement would be waived for passengers who were sailing on the same day they arrived to St. Martin..

 

Hope this helps!

By any chance do you know if they will waive the laundry list of covid testing requirements and replace it with something more standard and simplified?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, slanik said:

I did notice that someone also asked about "Source of the Swab" .  I don't think that was ever answered.  The post does give pretty extensive information on arriving in Phillipsburg and what happens.

 

 


I did quite a bit of research over the past couple of weeks and was able to find a forum on another site where people were talking about the covid testing requirements. 
One person said their test did not list “Source of Swab” and they were approved, no questions asked. 
 

I know it’s only one person but I think if source of swab was a sticking point for approval, we would have a lot more people asking about it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  

6 minutes ago, Seany527 said:

By any chance do you know if they will waive the laundry list of covid testing requirements and replace it with something more standard and simplified?

 

THAT I don't know... What they mentioned on a call I was on yesterday (replay of a Tuesday call), was that we would still need to follow St. Martin's testing requirements and fill out the online form. If people wanted to spend a day or more before or after the cruise, they'd need to pay for the "insurance", but if you're boarding when you arrive at the airport and leave on the same day it would be waived. 

 

At the same time, when boarding the ship, they'll take a saliva rapid test as part of the check-in process... and for US bound passengers, a day or two before getting back to port they'd repeat the test for US re-entry compliance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, gauchotex said:

Not sure if Celebrity will "pay" the $30pp fee as such, but yesterday they mentioned that the Insurance requirement would be waived for passengers who were sailing on the same day they arrived to St. Martin..

 

Hope this helps!

Anyone departing the island on their day of arrival is excluded from the insurance requirement. This isn't a concession to Celebrity customers:

 

The insurance is required for all foreign nationals with the exception of visitors who arrive and leave the same day, crew members and transit/transfer passengers who don't need to recheck their luggage.

 

https://www.sxmprotectionplan.com/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, gauchotex said:

 At the same time, when boarding the ship, they'll take a saliva rapid test as part of the check-in process... and for US bound passengers, a day or two before getting back to port they'd repeat the test for US re-entry compliance.

That’s awesome about the testing. I thought my nose was going to take a beating. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, gauchotex said:

  

 

THAT I don't know... What they mentioned on a call I was on yesterday (replay of a Tuesday call), was that we would still need to follow St. Martin's testing requirements and fill out the online form. If people wanted to spend a day or more before or after the cruise, they'd need to pay for the "insurance", but if you're boarding when you arrive at the airport and leave on the same day it would be waived. 

 

At the same time, when boarding the ship, they'll take a saliva rapid test as part of the check-in process... and for US bound passengers, a day or two before getting back to port they'd repeat the test for US re-entry compliance.

Does anyone know if this testing at the ship replaces the Celebrity requirement for a test no more than 120 hours before boarding?  I know that’s the requirement for St. Maarten. But, the additional requirement by Celebrity was limiting the nights you could spend on St. Maarten pre-cruise

without getting another test on

the island. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay all...this is what I received from St. Martin official:

You can only submit application by uploading your test result. By then you will submit same date for arrival and departure as Air/Sea travel, and the same the opposite for Cruise return. Same date arrival and departure as Sea/Air travel.

 

The agent at the A.C Wathey Pier Cruise Facility should be on the list to select.

 

So, it looks as if we have to wait until right up to a couple of days before the cruise, since the test results have to be uploaded.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lhsail said:

Does anyone know if this testing at the ship replaces the Celebrity requirement for a test no more than 120 hours before boarding?  I know that’s the requirement for St. Maarten. But, the additional requirement by Celebrity was limiting the nights you could spend on St. Maarten pre-cruise

without getting another test on

the island. 

AFAIK, Celebrity has no requirement for a test no more than 120 hours before boarding. I think that you might be confusing Celebrity's requirement with the Sint Maarten's rt-PCR test requirement, which for travellers from Canada and the US is no more than 120 hours before your flight to the island. Celebrity's testing requirement is currently for an antigen test at the terminal prior to boarding:

 

Testing & Screening

Safe vacations start with prevention. Every guest and crew member will be fully vaccinated. Upon embarkation, every guest 18 years and older will be required to show proof of full vaccination. Prior to boarding, all guests are required to complete a health questionnaire and guests 2 and older will be required to take an antigen test at the terminal prior and prior to debarkation if required for home country re-entry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If that is the reality then they really need to change this text.  This talks about boarding, not entering the country.   I agree the following paragraph gives a different impression of the Celebrity Requirements.  I'm not on these sailings but have been trying to get a clear sense of the requirements and protocols for restart.   I've been very disappointed with the quantity and quality of the communication.

 

 

A negative rt-PCR test is required within 5 days prior to boarding in St. Maarten for guests of all ages.

 

If visiting Saint Maarten earlier, be sure to comply with the 5 day time period or a second test may be required prior to boarding your cruise.

 

Travel insurance is required by the Saint Maarten Government. For more information related to COVID-19 insurance please visit www.sxmprotectionplan.com.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

If that is the reality then they really need to change this text.  This talks about boarding, not entering the country.   I agree the following paragraph gives a different impression of the Celebrity Requirements.  I'm not on these sailings but have been trying to get a clear sense of the requirements and protocols for restart.   I've been very disappointed with the quantity and quality of the communication.

 

 

A negative rt-PCR test is required within 5 days prior to boarding in St. Maarten for guests of all ages.

 

If visiting Saint Maarten earlier, be sure to comply with the 5 day time period or a second test may be required prior to boarding your cruise.

 

Travel insurance is required by the Saint Maarten Government. For more information related to COVID-19 insurance please visit www.sxmprotectionplan.com.

I'm not sure where/when you saw the text in red on the Celebrity website, but it goes well beyond what is currently in the Health and Safety Protocols section. It paraphrases the Sint Maarten entry requirements, but as you note, changes the requirement from entry to the country to boarding the ship. In so doing, it contradicts the H&SP. It would make far more sense IMO to state the country and cruise line requirements separately to avoid any potential confusion. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am certain at one time there was a reference to all guests needing a PCR no more than 5 days prior to boarding and, in fact, discussed the requirement with the rep when booking our flights. Just checked the website and it now reads as below. So the 5 day requirement for Celebrity no longer applies if you have been vaccinated. 

Celebrity Cruises Requirements
Adult guests and crew members must have proof of full vaccination administered two weeks prior to embark. Children under the age of 18 must have a negative PCR test result within 5 days of embarkation. Celebrity will administer an antigen test to all guests 2 and older at the terminal and again at debarkation for country re-entry. 
 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, lhsail said:

I am certain at one time there was a reference to all guests needing a PCR no more than 5 days prior to boarding and, in fact, discussed the requirement with the rep when booking our flights. Just checked the website and it now reads as below. So the 5 day requirement for Celebrity no longer applies if you have been vaccinated. 

Celebrity Cruises Requirements
Adult guests and crew members must have proof of full vaccination administered two weeks prior to embark. Children under the age of 18 must have a negative PCR test result within 5 days of embarkation. Celebrity will administer an antigen test to all guests 2 and older at the terminal and again at debarkation for country re-entry. 
 

Unfortunately, the website provides two slightly different versions of the Celebrity requirements:

 

Testing & Screening

Safe vacations start with prevention. Every guest and crew member will be fully vaccinated. Upon embarkation, every guest 18 years and older will be required to show proof of full vaccination. Prior to boarding, all guests are required to complete a health questionnaire and guests 2 and older will be required to take an antigen test at the terminal prior and prior to debarkation if required for home country re-entry.  https://www.celebritycruises.com/health-and-safety

 

Celebrity Cruises Requirements

Adult guests and crew members must have proof of full vaccination administered two weeks prior to embark. Children under the age of 18 must have a negative PCR test result within 5 days of embarkation. Celebrity will administer an antigen test to all guests 2 and older at the terminal and again at debarkation for country re-entry.  https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/st-maarten-travel-requirements

 

Personally, I'm more inclined to go with the first version, as the second It is not well written and contains mistakes. For example, "proof of vaccination administered two weeks prior to embark" should read "proof of vaccination administered at least two weeks prior to embarkation". The second version is lumped together with information pertaining to Sint Maarten's requirements, which also contains mistakes.

 

Inconsistency and contradictory information on the Celebrity website is nothing new, and I've no idea what Celebrity really requires. If I was planning on taking one of the cruises out of Sint Maarten this summer, accompanied by an U18 family member, I'd probably opt on the side of caution and get the child tested.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I almost didn’t book this St Maarten cruise because of all the hassle including expensive air , we did a conference call with celebrity rep going though all our options, I would have definitely canceled but wife wanted a cruise on her big birthday, hopefully everything will be ok we sail July 3rd . Our royal suite is now selling for more than 2k per person over what we booked it at. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We're booked on 7/31 and really hope it happens.  (My sister and I do a cruise that week every year but the 2020 Alaska cruise has moved twice now).  

 

I'm finding it all very confusing.  I calculated 120 hours before what I consider the last viable time to get on the ship, and came up with the Monday night before the cruise.  So we're planning for tests Tuesday AM.  
 

However, we fly to St. Martin on Friday.  So if X doesn't require a test 120 hours before boarding, we could test on Monday for st. Martin.

 

I'm hoping that people on the June cruises who are here will post their experience and offer advice.  Also, I think I read there would be details on procedures etc 30 days before sailing.  We're getting pretty close to that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

We're booked on 7/31 and really hope it happens.  (My sister and I do a cruise that week every year but the 2020 Alaska cruise has moved twice now).  

 

I'm finding it all very confusing.  I calculated 120 hours before what I consider the last viable time to get on the ship, and came up with the Monday night before the cruise.  So we're planning for tests Tuesday AM.  
 

However, we fly to St. Martin on Friday.  So if X doesn't require a test 120 hours before boarding, we could test on Monday for st. Martin.

 

I'm hoping that people on the June cruises who are here will post their experience and offer advice.  Also, I think I read there would be details on procedures etc 30 days before sailing.  We're getting pretty close to that.

Hoping to have a chance to call X today and get clarification. If the 120 hours prior to boarding only

applies to unvaccinated minors, I want to change our flights to get in on Wednesday rather than Thursday. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, lhsail said:

Hoping to have a chance to call X today and get clarification. If the 120 hours prior to boarding only

applies to unvaccinated minors, I want to change our flights to get in on Wednesday rather than Thursday. 

thanks.  If we don't need the test for boarding, we can test on Monday afternoon.

 

I hope this thread continues with lots of information for those of us traveling later.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...