Saint Martin EHAS form (Electronic Health Authorization System) - Help??

FBurnley

2 hours ago, Seany527 said:

Absolutely. Arizona Wildcat is just a negative person. Look at their other posts. 

I’m flying in on Friday because I can’t handle the stress, but there’s no reason a person can’t fly in on Saturday especially if they live in the southeast or have nerves or steel. 😅

Really?  I had a New Years Day cruise from San Juan - arrived 3 hours after it sailed.  Got to the ship 2days later.  Do note the 2days in Barbados were wonderful.   Flew to Anchorage arrival morning of cruise.  Fatal accident and missed the ship.  Finally caught up with the cruise in Juneau.

Think I am simply saying for those that do not have "nerves of steel" (great comment) simply put why not fly in a day ahead and enjoy St Maartin.  It is worth at least 4 or 5 days.

I also do get it some are in Florida with several connections  possible, have a great airline fare or work issues.  For me and others on the West Coast, St Maartin would be three flights including a red eye.  I  like to avoid stress when I can.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Seany527 said:

But if someone is saving money with airline tickets and the cost of a pre cruise hotel, why make them feel bad about flying in the same day? Who wouldn’t want to start their vacation early? There is a chance they are doing it for financial reasons. 

We once did a group cruise with people from our dance studio.  The studio booked the trip, including the flights.  This was from the SF area to a Mexican Riviera from LA.

The owner originally booked them on a 12:30 pm flight the day of the cruise, arriving at around 2pm.  I saw that, and said to my husband "No way", and that we'd instead say we wanted to visit my aunt the day before, and please refund our flight cost and we'd meet them there.  I also said that we'd probably have 50 seats at dinner to ourselves.

He also booked their return at 9:30 am.

A few days later the travel agent he used told him the same thing.  So he turned booking the flights over to me.  I put us on a 9am out of San Francisco (he had San Jose) because in case of a problem, there were lots of other flights, United went roughly once every 90 minutes, and other airlines also had flights.

• Like 1

We have had umpteen flights delayed/connections missed, like the one to San Juan where our plane circled the hellmouth of air travel (ATL) for 30 minues; when we pulled into the gate, sat there waiting to deplane and watched our connecting flight--at the very next gate!--backing out from the jetway. When they only offered one flight a day. Only saving grace was it was the day before our cruise. Never again.

13 hours ago, Seany527 said:

But if someone is saving money with airline tickets and the cost of a pre cruise hotel, why make them feel bad about flying in the same day? Who wouldn’t want to start their vacation early? There is a chance they are doing it for financial reasons. 

Let me share my story about the family who flew to Miami the same day as their cruise and were thrilled to have saved thousands of dollars. They boarded before me who flew into Miami 2 days prior. 

There are numerous legitimate reasons why someone might decide to fly in on embarkation day. Financial reasons may well be the case for some. I've also read about people unable to get off work to fly on a Friday for a Saturday cruise. In one case that I read about, a couple's dog sitter wasn't available until embarkation day.

Flying in the day before is a lot like buying travel insurance, protecting yourself from possible risks. If you don't want it, don't buy it, but make your decision based on a full understanding of the potential consequences.  

Edited by Fouremco

We always fly in a day early but decided it was easier to go the same day because of all the various testing and entry requirements.   It also helps that we are flying from CLT so it's a direct flight that will probably have 150 others getting on the same ship.   I'm sure if there was an issue Celebrity would be of assistance.

I was just looking at my reservation, flt info, and it said to call XXXX for update info. It was a main Celebrity number who passed me onto Flights by Celebrity, he said that AA is updating their flts for this summer. From what I've read, they will POSSIBLY be adding flts. I sure hope they get it all straightened out before our final pmt which is due in 2 weeks. Anyhow, please keep up-to-date, don't wait for the last minute.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2021 at 8:46 PM, Seany527 said:

Absolutely. Arizona Wildcat is just a negative person. Look at their other posts. 

I’m flying in on Friday because I can’t handle the stress, but there’s no reason a person can’t fly in on Saturday especially if they live in the southeast or have nerves or steel. 😅

I was on fence about coming in a few days earlier due to test requirement timing. 

Edited by BoundForSea

On 4/27/2021 at 5:58 PM, lhsail said:

Just got off the phone with X. The young man I talked to put me on hold to verify the requirements. He confirmed the Celebrity requirements for adults are fully vaccinated at least two weeks before sailing and the antigen test at the terminal. The 5-day minimum for the negative PCR test applies to the St. Maarten requirements. Based on that information I plan to change our flights to get in on Wednesday, not Thursday, with the understanding that we will not need another PCR test while in St. Maarten. I’ll triple check that information when I call to change the flights. 

Ok this is a huge breakthrough (for me) if this is indeed the case. Has X dropped their requirement (not the countrys) to have a test done 120hrs prior to boarding the ship? If so, with arriving two days prior snd getting a single PCR rapid, it will make it possible for me to back that PCR up to 5 days prior to flying in. 

Can anyone confirm the Celebrity requirement to have a test 120hrs prior to boarding the ship has been dropped?

1 hour ago, BoundForSea said:

Ok this is a huge breakthrough (for me) if this is indeed the case. Has X dropped their requirement (not the countrys) to have a test done 120hrs prior to boarding the ship? If so, with arriving two days prior snd getting a single PCR rapid, it will make it possible for me to back that PCR up to 5 days prior to flying in. 

Can anyone confirm the Celebrity requirement to have a test 120hrs prior to boarding the ship has been dropped?

From what celebrity told us the test 120 hours prior was a requirement by St Maarten not for celebrity cruise lines, celebrity wants you vaccinated.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, George C said:

From what celebrity told us the test 120 hours prior was a requirement by St Maarten not for celebrity cruise lines, celebrity wants you vaccinated.

For full disclosure, the 120 hour window is currently only for US and Canadian citizens. 72 hours for anyone else.

Although I hope St. Maarten follows the Bahamas' lead and drops the pre-testing requirement for fully vaccinated travelers by my July sailing.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

For full disclosure, the 120 hour window is currently only for US and Canadian citizens. 72 hours for anyone else.

Although I hope St. Maarten follows the Bahamas' lead and drops the pre-testing requirement for fully vaccinated travelers by my July sailing.

I think we have a decent chance of them changing the required test, we sail on 7/3

Edited by George C
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

Yes that is correct. Celebrity’s website was updated yesterday to reflect this information. 

If vaccinated and coming from USA or CAN, negative covid test 120 hours prior to SXM and vaccine card at the terminal for Celebrity. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Seany527 said:

Yes that is correct. Celebrity’s website was updated yesterday to reflect this information. 

If vaccinated and coming from USA or CAN, negative covid test 120 hours prior to SXM and vaccine card at the terminal for Celebrity. 

Glad they finally got this updated. We’re flying in two days early but might have done one or two more if we could have had this in writing. Made final payment including Celebrity Air yesterday. 

10 minutes ago, Seany527 said:

Their website still doesn't have it right🙄 

St. Maarten's requirement is RT-PCR test 72 hours before departure to SXM, or 120 hours (or antigen test 48 hours before) for US or Canadian citizens.  Celebrity's website says 3 days/5 days, respectively.

12 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Their website still doesn't have it right🙄 

St. Maarten's requirement is RT-PCR test 72 hours before departure to SXM, or 120 hours (or antigen test 48 hours before) for US or Canadian citizens.  Celebrity's website says 3 days/5 days, respectively.

While trying to be helpful, I suppose, I think it would be preferable to state its own requirements and to provide a link to Sint Martens' Travel Requirements page. As you say, this is the second or third time that Celebrity has attempted to paraphrase the island's requirements and has yet to get it right.

4 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

While trying to be helpful, I suppose, I think it would be preferable to state its own requirements and to provide a link to Sint Martens' Travel Requirements page. As you say, this is the second or third time that Celebrity has attempted to paraphrase the island's requirements and has yet to get it right.

We spent a lot of of phone time with the celebrity rep going over all the details and requirements also all the air before we booked this cruise, came very close to canceling.

2 minutes ago, George C said:

We spent a lot of of phone time with the celebrity rep going over all the details and requirements also all the air before we booked this cruise, came very close to canceling.

Unfortunately, some Celebrity reps have provided inaccurate and/or incomplete information to passengers. Judging by the inaccurate information on the website, I'm not confident that the reps have necessarily been provided more accurate details.

Personally, I feel safer acquiring entry requirements (including passport, visas, vaccinations, etc.) directly from the country/countries I am visiting, rather than relying on the interpretation of the requirements by a third party.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fouremco said:

Unfortunately, some Celebrity reps have provided inaccurate and/or incomplete information to passengers. Judging by the inaccurate information on the website, I'm not confident that the reps have necessarily been provided more accurate details.

Personally, I feel safer acquiring entry requirements (including passport, visas, vaccinations, etc.) directly from the country/countries I am visiting, rather than relying on the interpretation of the requirements by a third party.

Exactly. Ultimately it's the St. Maarten government that's going to approve or deny your health visa, and they're not going to care that Celebrity's website or call center gave you incorrect info.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Seany527 said:

I have an email from EHAS.  US can do pcr 5 days before and do a rapid test 48 hours prior to arrival. As I understand it you have to do both. 

8 minutes ago, wesport said:

I have an email from EHAS.  US can do pcr 5 days before and do a rapid test 48 hours prior to arrival. As I understand it you have to do both. 

For US and Canada, it's or:

1. A rt-PCR test for the SARS-COV-2 virus obtained from a naso-pharyngeal swab performed in the country of origin and within 72 hours prior to departure to Sint Maarten (last leg in case of connecting flights) is required for all travelers originating from a country that is categorized as high risk. Antibody tests and tests performed outside of the 72 hours period will not be accepted. Results from home covid-19 collection test kits will also not be accepted. Airlines might require you to show a negative lab test result. For travelers from the USA, US territories and Canada the time frame remains 120 hrs. prior to departure. This will remain in effect as long as the national health authorities of the USA and Canada do not require differently for their traveling citizens.
  2. Alternatively, travelers originating from the USA and Canada can do an antigen test for the SARS-COV-2 virus obtained from a naso-pharyngeal swab performed within 48 hours prior to departure to Sint Maarten. All FDA approved antigen tests including those with Emergency Use Authorization only (EUA) are accepted. Tests performed outside of the 48 hours period and home tests will not be accepted.

6 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

For US and Canada, it's or:

1. A rt-PCR test for the SARS-COV-2 virus obtained from a naso-pharyngeal swab performed in the country of origin and within 72 hours prior to departure to Sint Maarten (last leg in case of connecting flights) is required for all travelers originating from a country that is categorized as high risk. Antibody tests and tests performed outside of the 72 hours period will not be accepted. Results from home covid-19 collection test kits will also not be accepted. Airlines might require you to show a negative lab test result. For travelers from the USA, US territories and Canada the time frame remains 120 hrs. prior to departure. This will remain in effect as long as the national health authorities of the USA and Canada do not require differently for their traveling citizens.
  2. Alternatively, travelers originating from the USA and Canada can do an antigen test for the SARS-COV-2 virus obtained from a naso-pharyngeal swab performed within 48 hours prior to departure to Sint Maarten. All FDA approved antigen tests including those with Emergency Use Authorization only (EUA) are accepted. Tests performed outside of the 48 hours period and home tests will not be accepted.

If. You are arriving one day early, is it air travel or air and sea travel. When you click on air and sea. You need port name etc. etc. 

It appears Celebrity has updated their requirements again. 

Those vaccinated are required to have a negative COVID test 3 days prior to arrival at the pier. SXM requirements remain the same at 120 hours for USA and CAN. 

This is getting really confusing. 

45AD8999-5DD3-482F-90DF-98816D5362C9.thumb.jpeg.81b3023453a1fa291700a28802873e68.jpeg

36 minutes ago, Seany527 said:

It appears Celebrity has updated their requirements again. 

Those vaccinated are required to have a negative COVID test 3 days prior to arrival at the pier. SXM requirements remain the same at 120 hours for USA and CAN. 

This is getting really confusing. 

45AD8999-5DD3-482F-90DF-98816D5362C9.thumb.jpeg.81b3023453a1fa291700a28802873e68.jpeg

I really hope this is incorrect. We just made final payment with flights on Thursday through Celebrity. This timing won’t work. 

17 minutes ago, lhsail said:

I really hope this is incorrect. We just made final payment with flights on Thursday through Celebrity. This timing won’t work. 

Probably.  Since you just made final, you're probably a week behind us in August.  Things could very much change by then or, more likely, be corrected.