Hotels in Sydney

Thanks for all of your information. Any side information appreciated. 

After looking at many, many web sites I’ve decided to stay at the Meriton Suites Sussex Street. I got the best rate by going to the hotels web site. 

i also looked at the Rydges Sydney Harbour which is close to a lot of things & walking distance to the overseas cruise terminal, & I found a very good rate of $611 US but you needed to pay the whole costs up front. 

I do plan to use the Opal Card. 

My last stay was on the Majestic Princess, now I’ve downsize to the Emerald Princess. 

Thanks again & let’s hope my February 12, 2022 New Zealand cruise is not canceled. 

Tom😀

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I bet you were sad you missed out on...

download.jpg.20ab145674baf5cf4048f11538ba6a1d.jpg

Nope. I went two days without a coffee! Just green tea instead  because I really don't like instant.

My 2 cents (and it may not be worth even that) I have no problem with IBIS, but for 4 days, I think there are way better options, in my opinions, serviced appartments are my personal preference for stays longer than 2 nights. I love the option to prepare a meal, do some laundry whatever. 

9 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Anyone know is tourists from the US are being blocked from entering Australia?  I know our cruise is a way off.  Just wondering?

Tom🤔

Last I heard borders are still closed to tourists. I have no confidence that will change this year.

3 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Anyone know is tourists from the US are being blocked from entering Australia?  I know our cruise is a way off.  Just wondering?

Tom🤔

Australians are having a hard time getting home Tom. I've adopted a wait and see attitude with whether they will let us in. We have made all our accommodation reservations and flights. I have to believe that Australia and New Zealand will have been able to accelerate their vaccine program and we in Canada will follow suit. Hopefully with a largely vaccinated population we will see some encouraging drops in positive cases. After a rather disappointing year it seems that the US is moving forward rapidly with vaccinations and we all hope that all our countries can soon get this scourge under control.

24 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Tom🤔

Yes ,you have to be a Australian resident or have a exemption.

Exemptions can be on companionate grounds,romance, essential service.

14 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

My 2 cents (and it may not be worth even that) I have no problem with IBIS, but for 4 days, I think there are way better options, in my opinions, serviced appartments are my personal preference for stays longer than 2 nights. I love the option to prepare a meal, do some laundry whatever. 

I agree most IBIS's aren't best choice for 4 nights.  However, I did stay in an IBIS in Melbourne near the Markets which had two separate bedrooms and a kitchenette, which was handy for getting food from the Markets. 

For 4 nights I go for affordable accommodation in a good location.  Somewhere handy where I can walk and eat like a local.  I have a friendly shuttle driver who I phone after arrival in Sydney.  He picks me up and takes me direct to my hotel at Potts Point, or gets another driver to take me.  The hotel has a shuttle back to the airport.  

1 hour ago, cruiseaholic78 said:

All,

here is some incredibly valuable information I copied from a HAL roll call and reposted on our Oceania one.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2772490-november-12-2022-35-day-australia-circumnavigation/?do=findComment&comment=60954043

Happy planning Rosalyn

Read that. Got it in a nutshell I think except for Patty's Market(?). Makes me want to go back for another look and I was only there three days ago.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

Read that. Got it in a nutshell I think except for Patty's Market(?). Makes me want to go back for another look and I was only there three days ago.

I think Patty is Paddy’s sister.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lyndarra said:

Did she have a blonde headed stompy wompy boyfriend?

He has two sisters, (not three sisters)both Patty/ie but spelt differently, that was the Little one. She spent a lot of time at Maroubra

55 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

He has two sisters, (not three sisters)both Patty/ie but spelt differently, that was the Little one. She spent a lot of time at Maroubra

Correct. Maroubra was her stomping ground.🙄

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Correct. Maroubra was her stomping ground.🙄

From 67 to 71 I was a member of Maroubra Surf Club, I lived at Matraville. Little Pattie did quite few shows there, Col Joye, The Delltones were also regulars, great days.

The above all did their bit entertaining the troops in Vietnam.

Edited by NSWP

17 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Confession time re Little Pattie. As a 16 year old blond haired surfie, I was smitten - until I saw Dinah Lee.

Remember Dinah Lee, she was a Kiwi from memory.

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

From 67 to 71 I was a member of Maroubra Surf Club, I lived at Matraville. Little Pattie did quite few shows there, Col Joye, The Delltones were also regulars, great days.

They all performed in Qld. also.

14 hours ago, lyndarra said:

Paddys Market, lol.