I believe many are awaiting this further information about the future of their sailings and bookings.

Also awaiting which countries will be opening up and allowing passengers to once again enjoy the ports.

Waiting as you are...

Right? I am hesitant to make a booking for a TA later this year as I have no interest in being quarantined at sea or stuck in my cabin if there is an outbreak.

These on-board policies are in flux right now and you can find Cunard's current position on the US site here.

As of right now Cunard has not yet mandated passenger vaccination (except for UK-only  voyages).  Covid testing may be required and if so the cost would be rolled into the fare.  On this last point a negative test may not be very effective in regard to a cruise.  The other day there was a report of 53 passengers from a New Delhi to Hong Kong flight testing positive for covid during the later's required quarantine period - despite all having a negative  test within 72 hours of boarding that flight.  (No mention was made of their vaccination status.)

Hopefully they will see that testing is not an effective way of keeping a ship clear of Covid. It has been tried before and it has failed,

No one has to cruise. It’s an optional actively where a lot of us are in a small space for what can be weeks at a time (I’ve done back to back transatlantics).

All this washing down surfaces is great for preventing the spread of norovirus but not really helpful with disease that is airbourne.