Is anyone still booking cruises from the US for this year??

My Oct 2021 was already cancelled by RCI (thank you Canada).

Now waiting for my July 2021 out of Amsterdam to be cancelled (come on Celebrity). However I did book this in Dec 2019.

First up 2022 cruise is in January.

49 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Are any on the 2021 new bookings or are they all ones you have had for a while?

All of the 2021 bookings have been around for a while. Nothing new there. The only real new bookings are the ones for 2023.

• Thanks 1

I recently booked a four-nighter on the Mariner for August.   Last night I checked to see what was available in August 2022 to lift and shift it to when it is canceled.  It actually costs more this year than next, so apparently I have come to the end of lift and shift good deals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nancy2vues said:

My husband and I are booked on the Mariner for a B2B in August.  For a handful of years, we have cruised during our anniversary week, whether it is someplace new like Cuba or what I call the "no brainer" cruise of Nassau and CoCo Cay, where there isn't a lot of intense planning required.  LOL  When we booked, I was convinced that these would sail.  Lately,  I have been keeping my eye on the Bermuda and Nassau sailings and remain truly undecided on making the switch.  

My wife and I also cruise our anniversary week in August.  Last year was cancelled and still hoping that it happens this year.  Our August cruises this year were L&S from last year.

14 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

My wife and I also cruise our anniversary week in August.  Last year was cancelled and still hoping that it happens this year.  Our August cruises this year were L&S from last year.

We also cruise on our anniversary..............last year was cancelled - this years for July on the Edge doesn't look good - next years (#59) is scheduled on the Serenade for Alaska - promising. For #50 we hope to do a family cruise. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

We also cruise on our anniversary..............last year was cancelled - this years for July on the Edge doesn't look good - next years (#59) is scheduled on the Serenade for Alaska - promising. For #50 we hope to do a family cruise. 

We also always cruise for our anniversary.  Last year our Southern Caribbean cruise was cancelled in May and our Alaska cruise for this year has been cancelled.  We have done a L&S to May 2022 but not sure even that one will happen.  Might just end up in Maine or Cape Cod in a couple weeks, just to get away for a few days, though numbers on the Cape are high right now.  Maybe a Boston Harbor cruise....

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

September 27th for us.  Last cruise for me was when I met you in Chops February 2020 I am way ready!!!  Have one in mid July (19th) but not too hopeful for that one

I'm booked on Mariner for September 17th, September 20th, September 24th, September 27th, October 1st. IF these sail I'll have to cancel September 17 since it over laps with another cruise. We'll just have to see how this all plays out. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We also always cruise for our anniversary.  Last year our Southern Caribbean cruise was cancelled in May and our Alaska cruise for this year has been cancelled.  We have done a L&S to May 2022 but not sure even that one will happen.  Might just end up in Maine or Cape Cod in a couple weeks, just to get away for a few days, though numbers on the Cape are high right now.  Maybe a Boston Harbor cruise....

...............or the Duck tour!!!! We loved Bar Harbor.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Retired LEO said:

I'm booked on Mariner for September 17th, September 20th, September 24th, September 27th, October 1st. IF these sail I'll have to cancel September 17 since it over laps with another cruise. We'll just have to see how this all plays out. 

Those B2B2B's are gonna bite the dust - in violation of the CDC's policy. That's going to kill our October B2B2B on the Brilliance from Tampa too.

We will cancel our Aug 2021 cruise soon.  We also have Dec 2021 out of NJ, but doubt it will start up.  The Dec is a rebook of March 2020 and then a L&S.

Only new cruise booking we have done is for 2023.

I don't know....really starting to lose hope for cruises out of the US.  I'm glad that Royal will have some business from the cruises they are starting up soon but thinking it will still be awhile for cruises out of Florida and New Jersey.  And even less chance  for us Canadians with border restrictions.

1 hour ago, cruise wizard said:

I hope you get to make it Gary!  Only half way to your milestone, but our 25th on Allure for end of May this year obviously bit the dust.  Soooo...we extended our time in Maine by two weeks to make up for it.   Surprise for Bucky, spending the night of our anniversary at Bar Harbor Inn, and doing dinner at the Reading Room there.  Yum!  Nice big ocean front suite.  🤗

1 hour ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I recently booked a four-nighter on the Mariner for August.   Last night I checked to see what was available in August 2022 to lift and shift it to when it is canceled.  It actually costs more this year than next, so apparently I have come to the end of lift and shift good deals.

I will be shifting my July Mariner cruise if/when it gets cancelled.  It was one of those great bargain ones that has already been shifted once.  The one I just booked for September is not really shift worthy😇

Edited by molly361

18 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Those B2B2B's are gonna bite the dust - in violation of the CDC's policy. That's going to kill our October B2B2B on the Brilliance from Tampa too.

That's still questionable. The CDC says no cruise over 7 nights. B2B's are separate cruises. Getting off the ship then getting back on again so it's not continuous. When they put that clause in RCG pulled all cruises over 7 nights but they still  allowed B2B's to be booked and continue to allow it. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We love Bar Harbor too but it is a 4 1/2 hour drive.  Boston is 20 minutes on a good day. 😄 

Spending the summer in Maine, since we lost all of our summer cruises, then became too late to book normal site for the "land yacht" up there for the summer.  

Sooo... now it is five different rental homes in five different areas over the four months, flying up and renting an SUV for the whole time.     

Bar Harbor for just the one night.  

The lobsters are nervous!  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I will be shifting my July Mariner cruise if/when it gets cancelled.  It was one of those great bargain ones that has already been shifted once.  The one I just booked for September is not really shift worthy😇

I had a Mariner in June of 2020 that was $701 (total for both) in a corner aft balcony because I booked it in March 2020 when they had giveaway prices.  Shifted first to June 2021, then again to the Independence in June 2022, next door to corner aft.  Another Mariner for 5 nights was $713, missed November 2020, hoping for 2021.  Also four nights on Celebrity in a balcony with a drink package for $728.   And a Harmony seven-night in April for $1,096.  We have enough at L&S prices combined with some excellent deals found by our new TA to get us through to January 2023 without paying the new, higher prices.  We will be in great shape once we restart.  But we are 68 and 72, so it is time to get cruising while we still can!

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

Just had my wonderful TA book us a 4 night on the Mariner for the end of September.  I was running out of cruises to get canceled.😇  Has anyone else recently booked a cruise departing from the US for the Fall of this year??

I have 3 booked and still hoping they will sail.